PCC from India (merged threads)

Old Jun 15th 2009, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future
Default Re: Urgent! - PCC Vs Local Police Verificaton Certificate India

Originally Posted by vslamba
Hi
I have applied for PCC from RPO. As my passport and current place of residence is different. It is taking more time. Its already 28 days since DIAC asked it, it wil take one month more easily ..... I have uploaded the reciept.

Can i submit the Local Police Clearance certificate from SP office instead of PCC from Passport Office?? As i can get that in two days???

Please help i am in urgent need.

I am from India

Thanks
This is the mistake most of us do. If you approach same RPO where your passport issued will be done in the same day.

Dont worry you can explain the situation to your CO.

28 days is limit is to reply not a deadline for arrange all documents since some countries PCC will take more than 2 months.

Even PCC from Local station is acceptable but its valid for 6 months. PM me if you need more on this.
DIAC canot put restriction on PCCs on every country because they have their own rules. thats why they mentioned cleared in panel clearance prospectus

Last edited by helloshivahere; Jun 15th 2009 at 8:53 am.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by helloshivahere
This is the mistake most of us do. If you approach same RPO where your passport issued will be done in the same day.
Its not a mistake, its extremely difficult to go your local RPO and lodge an application there.. If somebody is working and living in Chennai how can he go to Lucknow (from where his passport belongs) just to get a PCC.. Imagine how many leaves/air fares/ frustration... Its natural for people to lodge application where they are currently living.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

Even PCC from Local station is acceptable but its valid for 6 months.
I doubt it is. do you have any official link to it.. or know of some person who recently had success with a Police station certificate instead of a RPO one.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mpgrewal
Its not a mistake, its extremely difficult to go your local RPO and lodge an application there.. If somebody is working and living in Chennai how can he go to Lucknow (from where his passport belongs) just to get a PCC.. Imagine how many leaves/air fares/ frustration... Its natural for people to lodge application where they are currently living.
You are right mate. But if you want make it simple no option left for us. If you apply from different RPO two police checks will be done. Where you are residing and where is your permenant address is. You know our Police dept how it works ( very sad) it might take 10-30 days minimum and you need to pay some money also where ever its possible

But if you applied from same RPO unless you were not applied for your passport under TAKKAL ( NO police verification scheme) you will get it in a day or two.

That statement was confirmed my agent and since DIAC cannot legislate rules on other country's pcc. I got PCC from Nigeria its says its valid for just 3 months and rules mentioned for Nigerian PCC in DIAC website just a guideline $ 10. I paid 250$ Plus and its takes for me a month.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mpgrewal
I doubt it is. do you have any official link to it.. or know of some person who recently had success with a Police station certificate instead of a RPO one.
yes it was confirmed by my agent. But I got PCC from High commission only not from RPO.

I have came across this news through them only its valid for 6 months but time to get will be the same.

If you dont know somebody in police station difficult to get it,Even the cops dont know what it is.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Correct. If you get PCC in India (from other state), half the battle is won Its the Toughest part in your 175 lifecycle.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 10:49 am
June'08 applicant

sandy81 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by water man
From which state of India you are?
i think southern states like Tamil Nadu & Karnataka , give the PCC's the same day
if u submit the application with passport
That's true, provided your passport is issued from Bangalore, Chennai or HYD RPO office .. othersise big NO ... you have to wait atleast 45 days for e,g you have submitted passport in Bangalore RPO while it was issued from Chandigarh !!!

PCC from the local SP will be refused by DIAC, try if you want to check, because it has only legal validation of that particular SP's range ... what if one has committed crime in other city ? Hence the PCC from RPO is must !
Old Jun 15th 2009, 10:51 am
June'08 applicant

yes it was confirmed by my agent. But I got PCC from High commission only not from RPO.

I have came across this news through them only its valid for 6 months but time to get will be the same.

If you dont know somebody in police station difficult to get it,Even the cops dont know what it is.
Shiva ... A little offbeat than the original topic, didn't you fire your agent ? Still stuck with that agency ... you know what I mean !!!
Old Jun 15th 2009, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sandy81
Shiva ... A little offbeat than the original topic, didn't you fire your agent ? Still stuck with that agency ... you know what I mean !!!
Its ok now on my own. But I asked them this long time while I was started my process.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sandy81
That's true, provided your passport is issued from Bangalore, Chennai or HYD RPO office .. othersise big NO ... you have to wait atleast 45 days for e,g you have submitted passport in Bangalore RPO while it was issued from Chandigarh !!!

PCC from the local SP will be refused by DIAC, try if you want to check, because it has only legal validation of that particular SP's range ... what if one has committed crime in other city ? Hence the PCC from RPO is must !
Rightly said. Thats the way our police system works. I know this procdure very will because when I was applied my passport ( in Jan 2006) its take 6 months to get PP(Due to some issues)

I chased my application all along the way from Local police station to Chennai RPO (my classmate works in Crime records division that time) its a hell really.

If you apply from same RPO just forget about your present address etc.. sure you will have it a week if southern part may be in a day or two other wise just you are going all along the way. And you the way cops talk to you its just disgusting
Old Jun 15th 2009, 12:55 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone actually got a response from a Case Officer on this?
Old Jun 15th 2009, 1:20 pm
June'08 applicant

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Has anyone actually got a response from a Case Officer on this?
CO sent me "Character Requirements - Penal Clearance Cert_2009-03-17Txx-x-xx.pdf" along with a request letter for the PCC and medicals. On page#7 it stats that

INDIA
Relevant document – ‘Police Clearance Certificate’
Apply Citizens Regional Passport Office in person

There is no mention of PCC from the Superintendent of Police office, which has a limited jurisdiction area, whereas Ministry of External Affairs covers entire Indian territory and the PCC issued from the Regional Passport Office have a seal and signature of MoEA official.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 11:57 am
Just Joined

gauravmmec is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I have to obtain PCC from RPO. My address is same as mentioned in passport. I want to get passport on same day.

Could any one please update me with the documents required for PCC application.

Gaurav
Old Jun 17th 2009, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by gauravmmec
Hi,

I have to obtain PCC from RPO. My address is same as mentioned in passport. I want to get passport on same day.

Could any one please update me with the documents required for PCC application.

Gaurav
Approch your RPO early in the morning ( I mean to say be in the que before actually its starts)

Original passport
Photocopies of Passport - 2 sets
Misc services form - Duly filled (You can collect the form Passport office itslef)
INR 300

If you submit all before 10 Am you will get it same day evening.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

gauravmmec is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have following queries

1. Do i need any address proof copies ( like ration card , voter id card) ?
2. Does these copies ( address proof) should be attested by gazetted officer or self attested ??
3. How many photos required?
4. I have to get PCC for my spouse . How i can get pcc on her behalf

Gaurav

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.