Wikiposts

March Applicants

Old May 29th 2007, 10:05 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: March Applicants

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!
Looks like another busy day over in Oz.......well done everybody.

Spoke to the meds dr yesterday he seemed quite upbeat about our chances of the heart condition being ok.

i had another xray last friday, i asked him what if this one comes through ok he says we will use that one instead.

He retires on thursday from ther nhs anyhows..........hes going working in NZ another bites the dust hey.

i might even pay to see the cardiologist on the private to skip the queue a bit then all i have to do is wait for my echocardiograph.

thats my update.

Well done all you guys with the good news.
PS the meds Dr said that the main thing that i will need if my heart condition is nothing major will be a covering letter stating that he cannot see any problems for the next 10/15 years, by then i will need to be checked on the Oz meds system he put me so much at ease.
Old May 29th 2007, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

lochaberlass will become famous soon enoughlochaberlass will become famous soon enough

Hi all, I am new to the forum but a March 2007 applicant.

The visa i have applied for is 136 SKilled Independent (MODL) for me and hubby to be (we aren't using an agency)

I had read on a lot of other forums that COs were taking ages so didn't expect anything for a while so wasn't going to bother front loading meds/, however today i received notice that we have a CO and they have requested meds and police checks - i am the happiest person in work today.

We applied mid march 2007
ACK - 9th May 2007
CO - 30th May 2007

Off to book meds etc -

Jad-2006: any chance you can give me details of DR Smith in Manchester?

Also can anyone tell me about police checks, in the last 10 years i have lived in Highland, Strathclyde, Merseyside & Greater Manchester - i can't figure out if i need to apply for Subject Access reports from all of those or just my current residence (seems like all the requests go to scotland yard so hoping that i can just do it via greater manchester police) - Any help much appreciated.
Old May 29th 2007, 10:09 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lochaberlass

The visa i have applied for is 136 SKilled Independent (MODL) for me and hubby to be (we aren't using an agency)

I had read on a lot of other forums that COs were taking ages so didn't expect anything for a while so wasn't going to bother front loading meds/, however today i received notice that we have a CO and they have requested meds and police checks - i am the happiest person in work today.

ACK - 9th May 2007
CO - 30th May 2007

Off to book meds etc -

Also can anyone tell me about police checks, in the last 10 years i have lived in Highland, Strathclyde, Merseyside & Greater Manchester - i can't figure out if i need to apply for Subject Access reports from all of those or just my current residence (seems like all the requests go to scotland yard so hoping that i can just do it via greater manchester police) - Any help much appreciated.

I used to live in Derbyshire but now live in Gloucestershire i requested my PCC's at my local police station in Cheltenham, as far as i know its all ok they should be back anytime now.

thay do goto Scotland Yard that why they reckon it could take upto 40 days.
Old May 29th 2007, 10:21 pm
Julie and Dave

Jad-2006 has much to be proud ofJad-2006 has much to be proud ofJad-2006 has much to be proud ofJad-2006 has much to be proud ofJad-2006 has much to be proud ofJad-2006 has much to be proud ofJad-2006 has much to be proud ofJad-2006 has much to be proud ofJad-2006 has much to be proud ofJad-2006 has much to be proud ofJad-2006 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lochaberlass

ACK - 9th May 2007
CO - 30th May 2007

Off to book meds etc -

lochaberlass,

This is the contact details to book your medicals, you will either get Dr Million or Dr Smith. I believe both are lovely.

Manchester Medical Examination Centre
11 St John Street
Manchester, M3 4DW
Telephone:
0161 834 4122 (Applicants requiring a medical with/without a chest x-ray)
0161 834 4175 (Applicants requiring a chest x-ray only)
Doctor(s):
Dr R Million
Dr B Smith
(Radiology facility also available)

Julie and Dave
Old May 29th 2007, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

lochaberlass will become famous soon enoughlochaberlass will become famous soon enough

brilliant, thanks for all the help. Hopefull now i will get a visa at somepoint this summer not next year (which was what i was afraid of after reading other forums) - better think about redecorating the house and getting it on the market.
Old May 30th 2007, 1:49 am
Just Joined

catherineq will become famous soon enoughcatherineq will become famous soon enough

Hi all,
I wonder if anyone can share me how the australia immigration department treats the applicants from different regions? Is there any priority to give applicants from certain regions? And, how do they clasify the regions?
I really have no idea of this. Any information is apreciated!
Thanks,
Cat.
Old May 30th 2007, 2:28 am
Forum Regular

Em76 will become famous soon enoughEm76 will become famous soon enough

Having a nightmare with the medicals! Shrewsbury cannot fit us in til the end of July at the earliest. Luckily we are in no rush to get to Oz, but mildly panicked incase we get a CO and they want the meds sooner.
Will have to eat chocolate and drink some wine to calm myself from this stress! And then fail the meds
Guess I just wanted to warn anyone waiting to get their meds that some practices are a bit (read lot) slower than others.
Old May 30th 2007, 2:29 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Really pleased for you KOH, glad it's all working out for you. You'll be cleared b4 you know it and you'll wonder what all the fuss was about!!!

cat, not sure on the regions, but generally if your in the UK and no complications, they should give or take a month or two, take around the same time.. No point in worrying as you cant change anything. your destiny is in their hands

lochaberlass, welcome to the forum, liverpool lass needs your info just click on her name and send her a personal message and she will add you to the spreadsheet. She wont pick it up on here as her lappy is in the hospital and she's off for at least 4 days.....

S-j xx
Old May 30th 2007, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Em76, cant you try another panel doc, as we had choice of about 5 within a 90min drive... might be worth ringing around...??? I got mine a bit cheaper too. we had 70 days from getting a CO to submit our medicals so will be ok if you cant. some people get less time but you can inform your CO that you cant do before then... dont worry. S-j xxxx
Old May 30th 2007, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

Em76 will become famous soon enoughEm76 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe
Em76, cant you try another panel doc, as we had choice of about 5 within a 90min drive... might be worth ringing around...??? I got mine a bit cheaper too. we had 70 days from getting a CO to submit our medicals so will be ok if you cant. some people get less time but you can inform your CO that you cant do before then... dont worry. S-j xxxx
Thanks SJ, to be honest we don't want to go out before July 08 unless we have to, but figured if I booked meds well in advance we could have a pick of appointments and we could bring it forward if we got an over demanding CO. Just shocked there was such a wait. Good luck with your wait, guess you have done everything now and just waiting for the magic e-mail!
Old May 30th 2007, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

lizzydripping will become famous soon enoughlizzydripping will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by The howellers
Hi Liz

It takes about 6-7 weeks to get acknowledgment, we got ours on the 2nd May, and we sent it on the 8th March.
So you should be hearing very soon!

We also live in Cambridgeshire(St neots). What part of Cambridgshire do you live in?
And what part of Oz are hopefully going to?

Cheers

Justin

Hi Justin
Well, we live in St Neots too!!
We're probably going for NSW but have also looked at SA.
what about yourselves?
Old May 30th 2007, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

lizzydripping will become famous soon enoughlizzydripping will become famous soon enough

Hi all
Can't really believe it, ack on 21st may and today CO!
Can anyone recommend a good place to get meds and chest x-rays done?
We have a 2/3 weeks to get them done [have exactly a month to get everything sent back to the CO] We'd rather travel and go somewhere recommended than just go to our nearest [which is Hitchin or Cambridge]
any help please - esp. as am worried on BMI
Thanks in advance.
Old May 30th 2007, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

banoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lizzydripping
Hi all
We have a 2/3 weeks to get them done [have exactly a month to get everything sent back to the CO] We'd rather travel and go somewhere recommended than just go to our nearest [which is Hitchin or Cambridge]
Thanks in advance.

Great news for you. Hope I dont get mine that quick me too dont want to go till next summer, so now I have ack quite happy to sit and wait few months.

Jan
Old May 30th 2007, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

banoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant future

Wellcome Lochaberlass.

Jan
Old May 30th 2007, 3:51 am
Loving it in SA

Originally Posted by lizzydripping
Hi all
Thanks in advance.
My BMI was 39.5 and the dr never said anything the only issue we had was xray showing up an enlarged heart...........which we are currently trying to get resolved.

We went to Handsworth Wood in Birmingham they are great we had 3 adults 3 kids done and dusted in 2 hrs........cost = £900

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.