March Applicants

Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:17 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: March Applicants

Ditto everything you said, Si already been graded as a general electrician and as long as he puts everything in, ie connects to mains etc he should get mechanic.. Not really that bothered about it, more fussed about the licence cos as soon as he gets it will be on more money... Then i can spend it! Si is more of a contractor so will be pushing for contractors licence when he can.. more $$ again for me!

I sound really bad dont i? !!!! S-j xx Good luck and keep in touch Steve
Old Aug 16th 2007, 3:21 am
Forum Regular

lizzydripping will become famous soon enoughlizzydripping will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone,
Have been reading everyone's posts on and off but have tried to push the whole thing to back of my mind while waiting for final response. Got it today - visas have just come through but feel very strange. This has probably got a lot to do with the process of applying - one adrenalin- packed hurdle after another - as well as the length of time it all takes. I have been trying to keep it to the back of my mind since meds went in, as otherwise I think I would of gone mad with the waiting; running down every morning to check e-mails, then being down 'cos it wasn't there. I must admit, probably my real worry is money - if we had a bit more I'd be a lot more excited as it sounds more and more like you need to be prepared to support yourselves for a few months until get sorted. That, and the flights etc etc are adding up to quite a bit [have two teenagers] Sorry to sound so down but the whole application has been a huge learning curve [Like while I passed the TRA for my visa, now on tenderhooks waiting to hear from another dept.- 3 months and counting - if they think I am qualified to do the job I got my visa on!] Best of luck to you all, I'm sure you're all better at taking things as they come than me! x
Old Aug 16th 2007, 3:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Originally Posted by lizzydripping
Hi everyone,
Have been reading everyone's posts on and off but have tried to push the whole thing to back of my mind while waiting for final response. Got it today - visas have just come through but feel very strange. This has probably got a lot to do with the process of applying - one adrenalin- packed hurdle after another - as well as the length of time it all takes. I have been trying to keep it to the back of my mind since meds went in, as otherwise I think I would of gone mad with the waiting; running down every morning to check e-mails, then being down 'cos it wasn't there. I must admit, probably my real worry is money - if we had a bit more I'd be a lot more excited as it sounds more and more like you need to be prepared to support yourselves for a few months until get sorted. That, and the flights etc etc are adding up to quite a bit [have two teenagers] Sorry to sound so down but the whole application has been a huge learning curve [Like while I passed the TRA for my visa, now on tenderhooks waiting to hear from another dept.- 3 months and counting - if they think I am qualified to do the job I got my visa on!] Best of luck to you all, I'm sure you're all better at taking things as they come than me! x
I so agree with this. My life is hell at the moment, although they say no news is good news it doesnt feel like it.
Ive promised myself from saturday morning the computor will be tuned off and only turned on in once in the morning and once in the evening. This may stop me rushing to every email that arrives.

I too will be like you and try!! not to log on to BE every hour or every time i have an email telling me there is a new post.
It seems to be taking over my life!!! and i am feeling really low. even my agent has become fed up with the constant questions and moaning
'any news!!'
Good luck
Teryna
Old Aug 16th 2007, 3:56 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,
Congratulations on your visa lizzy!!!!!!!

Dont worry love, most of us are in the same position but got to keep the positive attitude going or you will fall fast in the moral dept!!

At least you can close this chapter and open another, for us its the ARTC and then the licence once in Oz.. not too concerned for the ARTC but the licence is a biggy as the wage goes up by over $10 an hour! So a big change in the annual income.

Dont fret too much love, try to remember why you are doing this. We wont have loads to take with us, enough for a car and rental etc, and to live off for a yr. thats it. if we dont spend it we will use it as a starter for a deposit on a house.. but we will virtually start from scratch. but i quite like the idea of that...

Lets face it, we have all been on beans and toast and more toast at some part of our lives (well most of us anyway) it wont hurt us to do it again, (might lose some weight) There's always someone worse off than us.. i'll post a link to a thread of a woman and her family who came to Oz with nothing and had it really hard. but it's all working out for her now. just proves you can do it with nothing...

Chin up lizzy and well done on your visa lass!! xx

S-j xx
Old Aug 16th 2007, 3:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bundybell
I so agree with this. My life is hell at the moment, although they say no news is good news it doesnt feel like it.
Ive promised myself from saturday morning the computor will be tuned off and only turned on in once in the morning and once in the evening. This may stop me rushing to every email that arrives.

I too will be like you and try!! not to log on to BE every hour or every time i have an email telling me there is a new post.
It seems to be taking over my life!!! and i am feeling really low. even my agent has become fed up with the constant questions and moaning
'any news!!'
Good luck
Teryna
Heart attack ring any bells??? xx S-j x chill out or you'll have one
Old Aug 16th 2007, 4:03 am
The Harlows

nadineopotiki is a jewel in the roughnadineopotiki is a jewel in the roughnadineopotiki is a jewel in the roughnadineopotiki is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe

Dont worry love, most of us are in the same position but got to keep the positive attitude going or you will fall fast in the moral dept!!

At least you can close this chapter and open another, for us its the ARTC and then the licence once in Oz.. not too concerned for the ARTC but the licence is a biggy as the wage goes up by over $10 an hour! So a big change in the annual income.

Dont fret too much love, try to remember why you are doing this. We wont have loads to take with us, enough for a car and rental etc, and to live off for a yr. thats it. if we dont spend it we will use it as a starter for a deposit on a house.. but we will virtually start from scratch. but i quite like the idea of that...

Lets face it, we have all been on beans and toast and more toast at some part of our lives (well most of us anyway) it wont hurt us to do it again, (might lose some weight) There's always someone worse off than us.. i'll post a link to a thread of a woman and her family who came to Oz with nothing and had it really hard. but it's all working out for her now. just proves you can do it with nothing...

S-j xx
S-J you is a wise lady, much respect to you love Nads xx
Old Aug 16th 2007, 4:14 am
BE Enthusiast

bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Heart attack ring any bells??? xx S-j x chill out or you'll have one
Thanks s-j, im going to try to chill alcohol may help i will give it a try.

One good thing my son passed 'A' level this has made me happy at least.
not as good a grade as he would have liked but passed.
As he tells me he wont need it in oz. he wants to be mechanical engineer and the lucky thing is out on the raz in cardiff with his mates tonight to celebrate.
another type of stress for me!! worrying about him OMG !!!!

At least i wont have to worry when / IF we get to oz no yob culture out there.

Cheers s-j
Teryna
Old Aug 16th 2007, 4:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Good for you Teryna!!! Glad your son has done well in his A levels!

Remember, Alcohol, chill, Alcohol, chill ...........
Old Aug 16th 2007, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nadineopotiki
S-J you is a wise lady, much respect to you love Nads xx
Nads,
We will all be in the same boat im sure but we are prepared for what is to come. nothing will be a suprise.
My mate that went out in May text me yesterday saying they have run out of money now, cant get mortgage for 3 months but they are loving it!!
Both have jobs so it wont be long.
We all have or have had struggles this will be just another rung on the ladder of the climb of life.
Work life balance is so much more positive out there and starting with nothing will make it easier to become an ozzie living life as they do.
Material possessions dont seem to be so important out there. all our needs and wants will change.

Cheers
Teryna
Old Aug 16th 2007, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Teryna, here's that link....
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421240

one hell of a story... take the time to read it, it lifted my spirits when i didnt think we had enough money. xxx S-j x
Old Aug 16th 2007, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Was having a chat with a fellow expats member the other day and just to add on what i said a bit ago. About starting fresh in Oz.... I like it cos you can start all over again, but have the knowledge your age gives you.. So hopefully you dont make the same mistakes you made in the UK.. with regards to finances etc..

We started out pretty young with finance and it nearly crippled us (Si 28 now) and we have learned the hard way, we are now fully paid up and in the black b4 we go to Oz and just about have enough to get started and possibly enough for a small deposit on something..

It feels really good to be in this position again. yes we have 'lost' a lot of money but have gained our freedom from debt! My does it feel good!!!

S-j x
Old Aug 16th 2007, 4:56 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

Congrats on visa lizzy i too had a funny downer when the visa came, i don't think your mind can accept that the waiting is over!!

Where are you going and who have you applied to to get your state recognition? (child care coordinator) We are off to qld and i have to do the qld assessment but i'm not doing it until i'm there as i won't have my degree certificate until nov/dec. I'm going to go with select doing group leader and basic work until i get assessed. How did you find it? was it a lot of work?

Things will get better chic, as you say, it's this roller coaster of ups and downs and highs and lows.

Sam xx
Old Aug 16th 2007, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

The howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant future

S-j xx
HEAR HEAR!!!! very wise!!We know that feling Too!!!Think most people in the same boat!!Gotta be positive and then we can all say AT LEAST WEVE DONE IT!!!!!!!
Tracey.xx
Old Aug 16th 2007, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

lizzydripping will become famous soon enoughlizzydripping will become famous soon enough

Thanks for all that feedback. So good to read - can feel the positivity coming off the screen! thanks S-J.
Its true we [I mean me!] can think about things too much. It all looks up from here and its probably going to take a few days for that to sink in. Booked flights for end Oct. - going for 3 weeks to check over areas, check out work possibilities etc. and thats something to really look forward to - hey, I probably won't want to get back on the plane!
Sammyg - getting NOOSR to check on my qualification as childcare co-ord. - said it would take 3 months and they're right! I wanted to check that out first as wanted an idea of possible income expected as other half may have to do more training there/apprenticeship to get his trade [plumber] ok'd there.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

lizzy,

no problem hon, anytime. xx S-j x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.