March Applicants

Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

christina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nice
Default Re: March Applicants

Congratulations Lizzy, I'm sure a bit of worry enters into everyones heads once they have their visa's, don't think you'd be normal if it didn't.
Christina X
Old Aug 16th 2007, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe
Teryna, here's that link....
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421240

one hell of a story... take the time to read it, it lifted my spirits when i didnt think we had enough money. xxx S-j x
Just read the story very interesting. makes me fell like we are loaded going out there. but then again i am 45 and OH 43 so we have made bit on house to take.I also have a job to go too, older children, god im lucky.
Mind you like you said its nice not to be in debt for once in our lives.
feeling better and i havent even had a drink yet. Cheers s-j
Teryna
Old Aug 16th 2007, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bundybell
Just read the story very interesting. makes me fell like we are loaded going out there. but then again i am 45 and OH 43 so we have made bit on house to take.I also have a job to go too, older children, god im lucky.
Mind you like you said its nice not to be in debt for once in our lives.
feeling better and i havent even had a drink yet. Cheers s-j
Teryna
Cool, xxx
Old Aug 16th 2007, 9:17 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

heys kids...tis I

well done lizzy..give it a few days and you'll be buzzing again i'm sure!!

well eventually had reply email off LCU today (took 2 weeks)

they said they're now processing meds from june 20th......now hang on a minute...3 weeks ago they were processing from june 14th....so no going very fast is it.,,,seen as ours didnt arrive till july 1st ish after the surgery's screw up, looks like we're still in for a wait.......

alcohol chill alcohol chill......

boll***s to all that anyway...it's middle of winter and between 14 and 25 degrees in brisbane....bring it on baby

orite sj luv, what's news? we're still working on the house and it's coming along nicely, and getting all the decent stuff out on the net to sell....apart from that..been out on the lash a few time this week..of out for swanky food and maybe gonna see knocked up with my mate tmw, and then working all weekend and out sat night as well...screw it---i can turn spanners with a hangover no problemo

est xxxx
Old Aug 16th 2007, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshviking
heys kids...tis I

well done lizzy..give it a few days and you'll be buzzing again i'm sure!!

well eventually had reply email off LCU today (took 2 weeks)

they said they're now processing meds from june 20th......now hang on a minute...3 weeks ago they were processing from june 14th....so no going very fast is it.,,,seen as ours didnt arrive till july 1st ish after the surgery's screw up, looks like we're still in for a wait.......

alcohol chill alcohol chill......

boll***s to all that anyway...it's middle of winter and between 14 and 25 degrees in brisbane....bring it on baby

orite sj luv, what's news? we're still working on the house and it's coming along nicely, and getting all the decent stuff out on the net to sell....apart from that..been out on the lash a few time this week..of out for swanky food and maybe gonna see knocked up with my mate tmw, and then working all weekend and out sat night as well...screw it---i can turn spanners with a hangover no problemo

est xxxx
Very funny Est God what i'd give to be without kids for a while!! You lead a nice cushy lifestyle lady... dont rush into kids. they're great but make you knackered!!

I've just agreed and exchange rate with UKforex (OzForex) of 2.51 it went up to 2.54 today but just missed out on it.. I said i'd transfer at 2.50 so i went for it.. It may rise but could fall.. I didnt want to gamble anymore so played safe.. Nearly S**t me knicks while i was doing it!!

Am just about to fax the Westpac form off to open the account then UKForex can pay me $$$$ into account when i get details in about 4 working days... Hope they dont go bust on the stock exchange or i'm up the creek without a paddle and a beer!!

Sh*t, have i done the right thing?? WHOOOOOOOAAAAAAAA slow me down!!!! S-j xxx
Old Aug 16th 2007, 9:37 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Very funny Est God what i'd give to be without kids for a while!! You lead a nice cushy lifestyle lady... dont rush into kids. they're great but make you knackered!!

I've just agreed and exchange rate with UKforex (OzForex) of 2.51 it went up to 2.54 today but just missed out on it.. I said i'd transfer at 2.50 so i went for it.. It may rise but could fall.. I didnt want to gamble anymore so played safe.. Nearly S**t me knicks while i was doing it!!

Am just about to fax the Westpac form off to open the account then UKForex can pay me $$$$ into account when i get details in about 4 working days... Hope they dont go bust on the stock exchange or i'm up the creek without a paddle and a beer!!

oh christ...i hadn't really begun toi think about that yet...another headache around the corner....babysteps babysteps...at least i'll have you as my fountain of knowledge by the time we''re leaving...right tha's me off to bed...nearly midnight here....

can't wait too long having kiddewinkles can i...i want loads like you....one hanging off each limb

estxxx
Old Aug 16th 2007, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by welshviking
oh christ...i hadn't really begun toi think about that yet...another headache around the corner....babysteps babysteps...at least i'll have you as my fountain of knowledge by the time we''re leaving...right tha's me off to bed...nearly midnight here....

can't wait too long having kiddewinkles can i...i want loads like you....one hanging off each limb

estxxx
you'll be a sz 0 then!!!! xxxx nite hon. xx
Old Aug 16th 2007, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

wow Westpac are quick!! They have in the last few days set up an online application for migrants. i only downloaded the form a few days ago!! So will now send me my details through snail mail to uk address within 15 days... (didnt want to wait that long, but hey) will have to trust ukforex for a bit longer

S-j x
Old Aug 16th 2007, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

SeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really nice

well done sean good blog again.
you seem to have a wise old mans head on a young mans shoulders.
All you say is so true, nothing comes to you, you have to go get it.

just got in from nights im off to bed.
I think im going to give BE a miss for a few days. Its taking over my life !!
Good luck everyone for C/Os and the illusive visa grant
Teryna
Hi all,

Woke up to a Sydney that is now blanketed in fog- very strange. Not really cold but just really misty- kind of like the mist you get in Scotland.

Thank you Bundybell, Sammy and daunted for the very kind words. I by no means want to crush anyones spirit and I believe that if you want to make it enough wherever you are then you have the power to make it happen.

The point I was making was that getting a job has so many advantages (even if you don't want to do it for life),. It builds confidence (you will initially feel out of your comfort zone and this will help), it will get you out of the house (again very helpful), it puts you in contact with potential mates and most importantly you will feel so good once you have some Aus$ coming in instead of money going out all the time.

Particularly kids and young adults here have a slightly different work ethic to some (not all) UK kids. They see no shame in working in Maccas to get by or taking a part time job at an RSL club or surfclub.

As to the question about not finding work in Novemebr and December, that is correct (the labour market shuts up) and it is worse if you are out of the big cities. WE came over in November and spent two months travelling before settling as the job market only kicks off again in FEb after Australia Day. So my advice would be that you have enough money to survive through this period (and the added s[pend of Xmas presents etc) at the minimum (although 6 months fo no work would probably best the best plan to have).

Interest rates are set to rise again next week, so check all the mortgage lenders before you decide on which one to choose.

Have a pleasant weekend all. Fasten your seatbelts and embrace the change is all that I can offer. Please ask away if you have any questions- I can only hope to help in some way..
Old Aug 16th 2007, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Cheers Sean,

Had a bit of nice advise from a buddy in QLD and he is in the same trade as us... not too bothered now. Thankfully. Got enough to tide us over for a while. Will be ok..

S-j x

Any werewolves about Sean? Be careful in the fog... I'm off to bed now i can hear the howling from here!!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Originally Posted by SeaninOzalready
Hi all,

Woke up to a Sydney that is now blanketed in fog- very strange. Not really cold but just really misty- kind of like the mist you get in Scotland.

Thank you Bundybell, Sammy and daunted for the very kind words. I by no means want to crush anyones spirit and I believe that if you want to make it enough wherever you are then you have the power to make it happen.

The point I was making was that getting a job has so many advantages (even if you don't want to do it for life),. It builds confidence (you will initially feel out of your comfort zone and this will help), it will get you out of the house (again very helpful), it puts you in contact with potential mates and most importantly you will feel so good once you have some Aus$ coming in instead of money going out all the time.

Particularly kids and young adults here have a slightly different work ethic to some (not all) UK kids. They see no shame in working in Maccas to get by or taking a part time job at an RSL club or surfclub.

As to the question about not finding work in Novemebr and December, that is correct (the labour market shuts up) and it is worse if you are out of the big cities. WE came over in November and spent two months travelling before settling as the job market only kicks off again in FEb after Australia Day. So my advice would be that you have enough money to survive through this period (and the added s[pend of Xmas presents etc) at the minimum (although 6 months fo no work would probably best the best plan to have).

Interest rates are set to rise again next week, so check all the mortgage lenders before you decide on which one to choose.

Have a pleasant weekend all. Fasten your seatbelts and embrace the change is all that I can offer. Please ask away if you have any questions- I can only hope to help in some way..
Morning Sean,
thanks for forecast of mortgage interest rate rise. Ive noted that exchange rate has risen too, better for us exchanging pounds for dollars. It is 2.52 with HIFX this morning
Is there a conection. sorry for ignorance im a nurse never needed to watch stock market for that.
Im a bit gutted i set a rate of 2.40 in march thinking i would have to pay $100.000 bond when application went in and we had put a deposit down on a plot of land while visiting in feb so thought we would have to pay for that quick too.
How wrong was i, bond is called for at end of application when DIAC is happy with everything elas and they havent registered plot of land yet. No the ozzies dont rush do they. If i was buying a plot in Uk they would have wanted the money within 6wks!!
I will have to contact HIFX and see if it would be worth me selling them back and re-purchasing.
im off work today off to a funeral unfortunately.
Cheers
Teryna
ps so much for the staying off BE a?
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:11 pm
live free or die

ps so much for the staying off BE a?
cosi'm sooo irresistable!!!!

all the best for the funeral

estxxxx
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

wow Westpac are quick!! They have in the last few days set up an online application for migrants. i only downloaded the form a few days ago!! So will now send me my details through snail mail to uk address within 15 days... (didnt want to wait that long, but hey) will have to trust ukforex for a bit longer

S-j x
S-j, you can book you Aud $ at todays rate with a 10% deposit and then they will hold it until you are ready to transfer (this applys to HIFX anyway), they must all be the same.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

Well done Lizzy does anyone kknow how often the exchange rate rises to 2.5 should we be changing some money now? going in january.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sophjam
Well done Lizzy does anyone kknow how often the exchange rate rises to 2.5 should we be changing some money now? going in january.
Just secured mine with Hifx, Aud$ not been this high in 6 year, only seen this high once this year. Secured mine with 10% deposit at the rate of $2.50 to the £. Really good rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.