March Applicants

Old Aug 15th 2007, 7:21 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: March Applicants

Originally Posted by bundybell
I think i will if no news by thursday.
Do you know the phone number and time difference
Cheers
Teryna

Kat still not home!!!!!!!!!:curse:

Maybe 2moro.

DIAC number is 0061 1300 364 613

i should know it off by heart i have rang em enought imes over last week

Keep the faith guys..........i have been very low this last two weeks and now can see the light.........will get mine and Mrs PCC applied for again this weekend and then get em sent off........then hopefully we will be able to say we got it in about 6-8 weeks time.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 7:45 am
The Harlows

nadineopotiki is a jewel in the roughnadineopotiki is a jewel in the roughnadineopotiki is a jewel in the roughnadineopotiki is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!
Kat still not home!!!!!!!!!:curse:

Maybe 2moro.

DIAC number is 0061 1300 364 613

i should know it off by heart i have rang em enought imes over last week

Keep the faith guys..........i have been very low this last two weeks and now can see the light.........will get mine and Mrs PCC applied for again this weekend and then get em sent off........then hopefully we will be able to say we got it in about 6-8 weeks time.
Hi there

sorry you been low, but things are looking better perhaps Kat will be home tomorrow Yay!!!!!

things will all be good for you soon. luv and stuff

NadsXX
Old Aug 15th 2007, 7:48 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nadineopotiki
Hi there

sorry you been low, but things are looking better perhaps Kat will be home tomorrow Yay!!!!!

things will all be good for you soon. luv and stuff

NadsXX
TY xxx
Old Aug 15th 2007, 7:51 am
The Harlows

nadineopotiki is a jewel in the roughnadineopotiki is a jewel in the roughnadineopotiki is a jewel in the roughnadineopotiki is a jewel in the rough

I think that us Marchies have been the most patient loveable nicest people ever to have been on British expats.................... so this time next year we will have to organise a Marchies knees-up in OZ............................ Lol!!!

Nadsxxxxx
Old Aug 15th 2007, 7:54 am
Loving it in SA

I think that us Marchies have been the most patient loveable nicest people ever to have been on British expats.................... so this time next year we will have to organise a Marchies knees-up in OZ............................ Lol!!!

Nadsxxxxx
OOooooh sounds good......just need a venue lol.........its such a small island not sure where we could go
Old Aug 15th 2007, 9:42 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Nadsxxxxx
Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!
OOooooh sounds good......just need a venue lol.........its such a small island not sure where we could go
BRING IT ON!!!!!

if me and the nordicviking get the tourist park we want everyone come up for a massive holiday/campo/barbie extravaganzaaaaaaaaaa
Old Aug 15th 2007, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

SeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really nice

Morning all,

Spoke to a mate I had known from the Uk who has moved out to Perth 8 weeks ago yesterday. She had the standard whinges that she could not find a decent job- had given up her well paid job in London for this etc etc.

I tried to point out to her the fact that on average it will take about 4 months to find a decent job and that the Perth market is that much smaller, that she may have to consider a change in career. I am sure I have said this before, but expect the unexpected when moving countries- all the planning and reading in the world is good but will still not prepare you for it.

Think carefully about things and what you are going to do when you settle in Oz. It is a great place but you have to work at it and be prepared to take other jobs if you want to get by in the beginning. This is especially true of people with children of working age. They can't afford to be precious and not willing to take a job at Maccas or Pizza hut etc. The Ozzie way is to battle forward and not whinge- you do what you have to to make a go of it.

As I told my mate yesterday (felt bad as she was crying), but noone is waiting to roll out the red carpet for people at the airport and place them in well paid jobs just because they are moving here- it is a battle folks make no bones about it.

Sorry again to be the voice of gloom when everyone has their rose tinted glasses on, but I saw this friends mood change from drinking champers and laughing and saying how great it would be in the paradise of Oz, to 3 months on moaning and whinging and getting down on herself for not having a great job. Personally I told her to get a job at Hungry Jacks and tough it out for 6 months whilst looking (if anything it would thicken her skin abit)...

Hope all going well folks...Expect the unexpected..
Old Aug 15th 2007, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SeaninOzalready
Morning all,

Spoke to a mate I had known from the Uk who has moved out to Perth 8 weeks ago yesterday. She had the standard whinges that she could not find a decent job- had given up her well paid job in London for this etc etc.

I tried to point out to her the fact that on average it will take about 4 months to find a decent job and that the Perth market is that much smaller, that she may have to consider a change in career. I am sure I have said this before, but expect the unexpected when moving countries- all the planning and reading in the world is good but will still not prepare you for it.

Think carefully about things and what you are going to do when you settle in Oz. It is a great place but you have to work at it and be prepared to take other jobs if you want to get by in the beginning. This is especially true of people with children of working age. They can't afford to be precious and not willing to take a job at Maccas or Pizza hut etc. The Ozzie way is to battle forward and not whinge- you do what you have to to make a go of it.

As I told my mate yesterday (felt bad as she was crying), but noone is waiting to roll out the red carpet for people at the airport and place them in well paid jobs just because they are moving here- it is a battle folks make no bones about it.

Sorry again to be the voice of gloom when everyone has their rose tinted glasses on, but I saw this friends mood change from drinking champers and laughing and saying how great it would be in the paradise of Oz, to 3 months on moaning and whinging and getting down on herself for not having a great job. Personally I told her to get a job at Hungry Jacks and tough it out for 6 months whilst looking (if anything it would thicken her skin abit)...

Thanks Sean all we can hope for initially is to be able to pay our way and take each hurdle as it comes. Luckily I have a job doing what I love to look forward too never thought I would get that. My hubby has to look when he gets there and he may chop and change until hes settled. Hes happy to do anything to pay the way. I am under no illusions its going to be plain sailing. Good luck for your visa.
Trudi
Old Aug 15th 2007, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all,

Brill post again sean,
Hopefully, we will be ready! i'm already expecting to start back at the bottom of my carrer ladder (as though i have no qualifications) to gain experience in the aussie education field, as i know - i don't really know that much about the aussie ways, and i can read and read, but i'll still need first hand experience. However, i'm hoping that once 3/4 months is over and i have have my degree .etc, assessed by qld i will be able to start applying for decent jobs with some aussie experience. We really don't want to be whingers in aus!!

We just want to get there now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Someone buy our house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:curse:

Sam xx
Old Aug 15th 2007, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Morning all,

well done sean good blog again.
you seem to have a wise old mans head on a young mans shoulders.
All you say is so true, nothing comes to you, you have to go get it.

just got in from nights im off to bed.
I think im going to give BE a miss for a few days. Its taking over my life !!
Good luck everyone for C/Os and the illusive visa grant
Teryna
Old Aug 15th 2007, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all,

Excellent post xx
Old Aug 15th 2007, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

hi everyone, funny how it's changing on here isnt it.... the tension is unbelievable...

KOH, give love to the MRS.. xx

Est, whats up lass? what you been up to, seen little bits on here, been thinkin of you lately as not been on much, been organising stuff etc, hope you two are well and all.. xx

Sam, nice to see you yesterday, will do again. x

Sean good post, been going through all that now, have told hubby if cant get a job as sparky when arrive, he's to labour initially, apparently everyone keeps saying he wont find work till after Jan, cos noone recruits?? we will arrive 27th November, so will have to try extra hard eh?

S-j x
Old Aug 15th 2007, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

Nozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to all

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe
hi everyone, funny how it's changing on here isnt it.... the tension is unbelievable...

KOH, give love to the MRS.. xx

Est, whats up lass? what you been up to, seen little bits on here, been thinkin of you lately as not been on much, been organising stuff etc, hope you two are well and all.. xx

Sam, nice to see you yesterday, will do again. x

Sean good post, been going through all that now, have told hubby if cant get a job as sparky when arrive, he's to labour initially, apparently everyone keeps saying he wont find work till after Jan, cos noone recruits?? we will arrive 27th November, so will have to try extra hard eh?

S-j x
Hi Sj
are you going to qld? if so what part? we are Hopefully!!! diac dependant going in sept to south brisbane and i got to look for job as sparky, if i can get my artc sorted quickly, so once i have lay of land on how it works or not!! should be able to pass on any advise, like most people cant afford to sit in the sunshine to long , need to work to survive>

Steve
Old Aug 16th 2007, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nozzys
Hi Sj
are you going to qld? if so what part? we are Hopefully!!! diac dependant going in sept to south brisbane and i got to look for job as sparky, if i can get my artc sorted quickly, so once i have lay of land on how it works or not!! should be able to pass on any advise, like most people cant afford to sit in the sunshine to long , need to work to survive>

Steve
Well Steve,

not sure what you know, but we are in process of doing the ARTC from UK, got form sent to mates in QLD. we are off on 136 passed TRA and just gonna duplicate all stuff sent for that mate..

when we arrive si gotta try to get a sparky job supervised as going to get licence at QET or somewhere else if comes off... this is quicker that TAFE and costs about $1300. Think its a bit like NVQ in uk where you need them to tick off jobs on sheet then hit the books again... sounds pretty straight forward once you get used to the lingo...

We are off to Sunshine Coast, initially perigian beach, nr Noosa. will see if he can get work locally or Coloundra on the new estates there popping up everywhere.. We'll see....

Have emailed a few guys and not even had any replies, very nice of them isnt it...
Dont think they wanna know till your there..

Brissieherewecome, are going in about 3-4 wks and north brissie. he's a sparkie too, he's gonna email/ring me with info so will let you know if i find out anything interesting.. He's looking into a 3 day course for the licence will be interesting when i get the details... defo a goer...

Well take care mate, speak soon, I'm Mrs Sparky BTW xx
Old Aug 16th 2007, 1:56 am
Forum Regular

Nozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to all

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe
Well Steve,

not sure what you know, but we are in process of doing the ARTC from UK, got form sent to mates in QLD. we are off on 136 passed TRA and just gonna duplicate all stuff sent for that mate..

when we arrive si gotta try to get a sparky job supervised as going to get licence at QET or somewhere else if comes off... this is quicker that TAFE and costs about $1300. Think its a bit like NVQ in uk where you need them to tick off jobs on sheet then hit the books again... sounds pretty straight forward once you get used to the lingo...

We are off to Sunshine Coast, initially perigian beach, nr Noosa. will see if he can get work locally or Coloundra on the new estates there popping up everywhere.. We'll see....

Have emailed a few guys and not even had any replies, very nice of them isnt it...
Dont think they wanna know till your there..

Brissieherewecome, are going in about 3-4 wks and north brissie. he's a sparkie too, he's gonna email/ring me with info so will let you know if i find out anything interesting.. He's looking into a 3 day course for the licence will be interesting when i get the details... defo a goer...

Well take care mate, speak soon, I'm Mrs Sparky BTW xx
I have copies of all info needed to gain licsence as went over in february and had a meeting at yeronga tafe with the guy that does all licsening for SE queensland, he talked me through booklets and different courses you have to do, the booklets are similar to that i filled in as apprentice 20 years ago, in some respects i think they taking the p***s out of us but suppose we got to play the game, he told me that ARTC tend to grade you on your qulifications not what you have done after, I am busy builing a much bigger portfolio than that i sent to TRA as i have done just about everything in last 20 years electrical wise, am even sending copies of invoices, fron suppliers and ionvoices i hjave given to customers. Even rang ARTC one night and had a chat with them, they said to me "forget tra assesment once you here its not worth the paper its written on, once here your mine"
Must admit am not looking forward to it have run my own very succesful business in UK just a shame they dont cut us some slack, as from what i have read on here and from a guy i know in adelaide there work standards are no where near ours.

Steve

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.