Wikiposts

AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Jun 16th 2008, 1:42 am
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
Well some good news for us, FINALLY!

That blooming Dutch PCC that they said had been sent on 12 May or 13 May or not sent (depending on who was writing the email) finally arrived this morning!!!!

pathetic thing to get pleased about, eh?
Not pathetic at all!!! We all know how long its taken for you. Congratulations on getting to the WAITING FOR VISA list Hopefully won't be too long for you now
Irish Gal
Old Jun 16th 2008, 3:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Lee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lindsayc
Thanks for your advice Original Sunshine - I think I'll tale some books and a fave teddy - like you say it is only one way - our soon to be 4 year old has lots of energy and can be quite a handful so I'm hoping he will sleep the first leg of the flight!

Hi Shanaghy - hope that you get it all sorted it out - you have to do what's best for you and your little boy - seems like the school has let you down. All the best to you x

Hi Joanne,

We're flying with Singapore Airlines and I have spoke to them and sent an e-mail to confirm that we are allowed double luggage allowance, which is 40kg, you are entitled to this if you are using an unused PR visa - they said all we have to do is show them our visa at check in. We have double allowance for all of us apart from our infant. I got an e-mail of confirmation that I will print of before we go just in case!

Lindsay x
Hi, I've just rang them and they said the same. So I am going shopping Excuse to buy new clothes. My youngest son is pleased he can pack some toys instead of waiting for them to arrive in 12 weeks.
By the way,Looking good with the currency exchange rates .
Joanne x
Old Jun 16th 2008, 3:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

Just wanted to let you all know that I have scanned and forwarded our 2 sets of PCC's (Aruba and South Africa) and we did our medicals over the course of the last two weeks.
This morning I received the automated response to say the PCC's had been received. And I checked with Fedex tracking system, and the medicals were received in Sydney this morning....
So, I have done all that I can.....now I wait.
Still no CO.....maybe we will go straight to visa?!

Nix
Old Jun 16th 2008, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

Lindsayc will become famous soon enoughLindsayc will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by minibelle
Hi

Just thought i would let you know, i went out today to buy some small cases to take on the plane for hand luggage and they cost about £20-£25 each, i then went into Sportsdirect and got them for £4.99 each, they have a 50% discount on travel cases. Might come in useful if your thinking of buying new ones for your journey.

minibelle
Hi Minibelle

I'm being a bit blonde are sportsdirect online? I could do with some hand luggage cases...

Thanks

Originally Posted by carolinemaria
Morning Irish Gal

Another weekend behind you - not long now, soooo jealous!

Morning everyone else and good luck with whatever you're waiting for or organising.

Went to an expats meetup on Saturday. Was really nice to meet others in the same boat. After having talked to a couple who live down the road to me, we are going to consider renting our house if if doesn't sell. Also decided not much point in reducing as there are houses not as good as ours with higher asking prices who still aren't selling!!!

Spending the day in Manchester shopping today - a bit of retail therapy to take my mind off all things OZ.

Have a good day.

Caroline x
Hi Caroline hope you've had a good day shopping - shouldn't be much longer for you now - sending karmax

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
Well some good news for us, FINALLY!

That blooming Dutch PCC that they said had been sent on 12 May or 13 May or not sent (depending on who was writing the email) finally arrived this morning!!!! It had a certificate numbered one digit earlier than mine, but it was sent to the new address that I gave them!!! cheeky beggars had obviously forgotten to post it, and were telling me porkies! grrrrr

Anyway, as soon as I got it I scanned it and emailed it to ASPC so FINALLY you can change me to the.....

WAITING ON VISA

pathetic thing to get pleased about, eh?
CONGRATS on moving to the waiting on visa list

Originally Posted by Lee and Joanne
Hi, I've just rang them and they said the same. So I am going shopping Excuse to buy new clothes. My youngest son is pleased he can pack some toys instead of waiting for them to arrive in 12 weeks.
By the way,Looking good with the currency exchange rates .
Joanne x
Hi Joanne - a great excuse for a girl to go shopping! I need to get a few things before we go! Although we haven't even got any suitcases yet We've asked for them as wedding presents - hopefully we get some! We know how you feel it will be great taking toys for the little ones
Haven't looked at exchange rate yet - we weren't going to transfer all our money until it gets better.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 5:52 am

dinner-dash is an unknown quantity at this point

anyone going to gold coast area ?

cousin just sent me this link..........

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...oast-news.html
Old Jun 16th 2008, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nix and Mike
Just wanted to let you all know that I have scanned and forwarded our 2 sets of PCC's (Aruba and South Africa) and we did our medicals over the course of the last two weeks.
This morning I received the automated response to say the PCC's had been received. And I checked with Fedex tracking system, and the medicals were received in Sydney this morning....

Nix
great news - and quite possibly straight through
Old Jun 16th 2008, 6:21 am
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dinner-dash
anyone going to gold coast area ?

cousin just sent me this link..........

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...oast-news.html
We are, will go and have a look.
Thanks
x
Old Jun 16th 2008, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Lindsayc;6472012]Hi Minibelle

I'm being a bit blonde are sportsdirect online? I could do with some hand luggage cases...

Thanks

Try this, i am not very good at things like this, hope it works

http://sportdirect.com

www.sportsdirect.com/

if not google sportsdirect.com

minibelle

Last edited by minibelle; Jun 16th 2008 at 6:38 am.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nix and Mike

Nix
great news - and quite possibly straight through
Old Jun 16th 2008, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to post a quick update, Flights are booked Sat 25/10/08 with Emirates - Manchester -Dubai- Brisbane (£2825 one way, 2 adults, 3 children), landing Brissie 27-10-08 at 6.35am , we have 3 weeks furnished holiday accomodation sorted with a bayside cottage at Sandgate and hubby starts work 2 weeks after, so we have a couple of weeks to sort out something more permanent, buy a car, sort TFN/Medicare/Driving Licences etc......last week the exchange rate was as low as 1.91 but its gone up again thankfully.

Just in the process of opening a bank account and Hi Fx account butcant get my head around it at the moment, so much to do but we are on hols for the rest of the week to totally empty the house and organise it as best we can (ebay/car boot/ship/sell).

Cant believe how slow things are at the moment, have logged in every day to check for news but blimey, never expected this, fingers are still crossed for you all, good luck everyone for the news you are hoping for at your next stage

its very scary when you reflect on what your doing, but the reasons were doing it for keeps us focused and determined!
Old Jun 16th 2008, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

woheyyyy and another one ready to leave us

good luck with sorting everything out!!!
Old Jun 16th 2008, 8:47 am
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Okay.... Having my first real goodbye tomorrow My (only) brother and his son are going on holidays and we'll be gone by the time he gets back so this is it....... totally dreading it.

I know he'll be over next year but I just feel terrible leaving him as, apart from my mother and his son, the 5 of us are his entire family
This is the part I am not looking forward to

Babyboo, congratulations on booking the flights! There seems to be a real divide here on the August thread. So many of us onto the next stage and its so unfair that others are still waiting for CO's. :curse:

The time is going to fly by. We're using HiFX too. The exchange rate is good for the euro too so let's hope it keeps rising (the proceeds of my house are being transferred on Monday so everyone please start praying that the rates will remain stable )
Irish Gal
Old Jun 16th 2008, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
Okay.... Having my first real goodbye tomorrow My (only) brother and his son are going on holidays and we'll be gone by the time he gets back so this is it....... totally dreading it.

I know he'll be over next year but I just feel terrible leaving him as, apart from my mother and his son, the 5 of us are his entire family
This is the part I am not looking forward to

Babyboo, congratulations on booking the flights! There seems to be a real divide here on the August thread. So many of us onto the next stage and its so unfair that others are still waiting for CO's. :curse:

The time is going to fly by. We're using HiFX too. The exchange rate is good for the euro too so let's hope it keeps rising (the proceeds of my house are being transferred on Monday so everyone please start praying that the rates will remain stable )
Irish Gal
Good luck for tomorrow, it will be very difficult for you all, but it's only a plane journey it's certainly not goodbye forever.

Babyboo - sounds like you've got it all organised well done. You fly out on my birthday so I won't forget and will be thinking of you.

Went to Manchester shopping today. couldn't find our way back to the train station so we got on a free bus that does a circular tour, but we didn't know where to get off and did the full circle - we got off where we got on and had to walk for another 20mins to the train station!! God if I can't find my way round in my own country I'm screwed in OZ!!!!

Lets hope for some action tomorrow.

Caroline x
Old Jun 16th 2008, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

RATBY RASCALS will become famous soon enough

Irish Gal,Sally
Just a quick note to say Good luck we have container round a week today so real close for us now.House sale, well we have a new viewing for Wednesday and they have sold so fingers crossed. Plan B is we are set up to rent as a last resort..so thats it ready to go ourselves and yes its getting scary now
Best wishes to all other Augustees whatever stage you are at.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

Shanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really nice

Hi all
quick update went to see the teacher today told me she was very surprised at what I was telling her seamed to think it was just horse play. told her about what my son had told me and how upset he was she said she was aware that they were a bit rough but did'nt think it was bullying. my response being that if a child is crying because he dos'nt want to go to school because he did'nt want to be kicked or punched by another child then there is a problem. she said again she dos'nt think its bullying just horse play she said she kept an eye on how things were going with him today and he seamed fine and that she was 90% sure he was'nt being bullyed but when i asked my son he told me the boy who he was geting kicked and punched by was'nt at at school friday or today so he had two great days at school.
she also said that he might just be saying this because he wanted extra attention at home because i have a demanding two year old at home. or because they are doing there tests now and he dos'nt want to do them and just wants to stay at home. BULLS**t I'm a stay at home mom they could'nt get much more attention. Oh by the way the same little boy used to take some of his lunch on him last year. and just dos'nt kick him were it hurts but is kicking other kids too.
have requested to see the head and had to change my appointment with other school till friday.
will wait and see when i get appointment with head and wat she has to say before i make up my mind if she dos'nt talk more sense than teacher then if we still here in sept will send him to other school.

thanks to everyone for your surport really keeping me going
good luck to everyone this week hope you all get the good news you are waiting for. shanaghys x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.