Wikiposts

AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Sep 28th 2007, 8:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by YvonnePaul
We applied on (for 136) 24th August and have heard absolutely nothing, nowt, not a whisper from anyone. Someone on the September thread applied on 11th Sep and is just waiting for their CO, WTF?!

Reedy - do you think it would be wise to get our meds done now? Our agent told us to wait until the new year?? I like to be organised so would prefer them to be done but agent says no! Argh, the waiting for SOMETHING is very annoying!

Thanks.

Yx
Y,

We bit the bullet and got ours done in Aug (applied June) the only time I can see it being a disadvantage is if you don't want to move quickly. We plan to go as soon as we get the visa so the 12 month validation shouldn't be a problem.

Pro's
- All info will be with CO for them to make a decision which may speed up the process
- If you have any medical issues you will find out sooner and be able to get additional tests etc done without holding up visa

Con's
- You only have 12 months from date of PCC / Med (whichever is earliest) to validate the visa. You can go on trip to validate and then they are valid (for 5 years on 136)

Hopefully given you enough info to make a decision.

Laura xx
Old Sep 30th 2007, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

YvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really nice

Laura,

thanks for the reply. We are so torn - I just want to have everything done and ready to send off when they ask for it rather than having to wait until they request and then holding up the process then.

We would plan to go almost as soon as we have the visa but the main thing holding us back is that we would have to sell our house and who knows how long that would take. It would be a big shame to use some of our savings on a validation trip.

Thanks for the pro's and con's list - something to think about!

Yx
Old Sep 30th 2007, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

Laura,

thanks for the reply. We are so torn - I just want to have everything done and ready to send off when they ask for it rather than having to wait until they request and then holding up the process then.

We would plan to go almost as soon as we have the visa but the main thing holding us back is that we would have to sell our house and who knows how long that would take. It would be a big shame to use some of our savings on a validation trip.

Thanks for the pro's and con's list - something to think about!

Yx

Hi we applied on the 16/8 and have just sent off for our PCC's. Our agent said to hold off on getting medicals done until at least end of November/beginning December.That should give us time to get a file number to match them up with. The PCC's are only £20 for both of us so if it looks like things are going to take a while then it's not much to lose if we have to do them again (compared to the meds price!) Going to book the meds next week and then can cancel them if things are still on a go slow at DIAC
Good luck
Old Sep 30th 2007, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone had credit card payment taken yet or a pre ack?
Old Sep 30th 2007, 9:11 pm
Visa Granted 01/07/08

mr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nice

Originally Posted by babyboo2101
Our 136 modl (husband is a plumber) arrived at ASPC 27th August. Our payment has not been taken and we have not received pre ack yet either. Where are you heading? We are hopefully heading for Brisbane.

Mary
Old Sep 30th 2007, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

kjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant future

not yet but getting a bit obsessed with ringing the cc company to check the balance. haven't ever wished to be skint this much
mine was sent the 2/08/07 and not heard a word yet. will be letting my agent know that we are booking the meds for probably first week november. we all must of heard something by then??

kath x
Old Sep 30th 2007, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice

nothing yet, our application arrived the same day as yours, i emailed Go Matilda to ask if it was normal to not have heard a thing yet, but no one replied! a bit annoying seing as how much we've payed them! maybe i'm getting on their nerves... oh well.
Old Sep 30th 2007, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mr.benn
Our 136 modl (husband is a plumber) arrived at ASPC 27th August. Our payment has not been taken and we have not received pre ack yet either. Where are you heading? We are hopefully heading for Brisbane.

Mary
Were hoping to go to Perth, If they havent taken payment from people who lodged on 02/08/07, not much hope for us 16th lodgers for at least three more weeks then!, Meds 3rd week of November, was hoping for File number by then, not looking likely!.....bloody Jocks jamming up the system to save $70
Old Sep 30th 2007, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hairart
nothing yet, our application arrived the same day as yours, i emailed Go Matilda to ask if it was normal to not have heard a thing yet, but no one replied! a bit annoying seing as how much we've payed them! maybe i'm getting on their nerves... oh well.

Another one who went in the same bag as us!! Watch out for that babyboo2101 though, she played dirty by gifting the GM courier a tenner to get hers to the top of the pile so it was signed for first
Old Sep 30th 2007, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

YvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really nice

We haven't heard anything yet either. I will get OH to check with the CC company in the next few days just to check!!

Hairart - we emailed our agent and they just confirmed what everyone on here is saying, they are on a go-slow unfortunately. I'd have thought that they would have perhaps employed some extra staff to cover the barrage of applications going in before 1st September?! It seems like the sensible thing to do!

Babyboo - I'm one of the Jocks jamming up the system to save myself $70; planning on buying myself a ginger wig and some tennants lager with it to celebrate when we do eventually get our visa!! We like to splash out!! What you going to buy yourself with your saved $70?

Lets hope we all hear something soon!! Good luck everybody!

Yx
Old Sep 30th 2007, 11:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice

Originally Posted by TMRE
Another one who went in the same bag as us!! Watch out for that babyboo2101 though, she played dirty by gifting the GM courier a tenner to get hers to the top of the pile so it was signed for first
Old Oct 1st 2007, 12:00 am
Bring it On

Funkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud of

no nowt yet...

think were at bottom of pile if bloomin thing there at all!!

Never thought about bribing DHL... darn it!
Old Oct 1st 2007, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Babyboo - I'm one of the Jocks jamming up the system to save myself $70; planning on buying myself a ginger wig and some tennants lager with it to celebrate when we do eventually get our visa!! We like to splash out!! What you going to buy yourself with your saved $70?

Lets hope we all hear something soon!! Good luck everybody!

Yx
We paid full whack $2060!, But if I had saved myself $70, I would donate it to DIAC so they can employ some cheap immigrants to open these envelopes
Old Oct 1st 2007, 12:44 am
Bring it On

Funkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud of

We paid full whack $2060!, But if I had saved myself $70, I would donate it to DIAC so they can employ some cheap immigrants to open these envelopes
Old Oct 1st 2007, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

Caddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really nice

I am joining the line of unhappy August visa applicants !!

Our 136 was sent on 02/08/07 and arrived at ASPC on 06/08/07

Haven't heard a thing yet !!

Heard that the new 175 visa is whizzing through because they have allocated and trained new case officers for the visa changes.
These new case officers have no back log and can process as they arrive !!

Just my luck to decide to send ours off in August !!

Here's to hearing something VERY soon !!

Alison xx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.