Wikiposts

AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Jun 13th 2008, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

Ryaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really niceRyaner is just really nice
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by Melbourne
I actually can't believe that I'm posting this ............ but have just checked my emails before I leave the office .......... and ............

I'VE GOT A CASE OFFICER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IG - I'll ring you when I get into the car !!

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy ......

I'm onto the next list now

WOW
CONGRATS ON THE CO MELBOURNE

Did your CO ask for anything or just let you know that they are looking for your file?
We have ours since 28 May and sent all paperwork the next day and still haven't heard anything. Why does is take so long to look at a file? I'm cracking up now as we have people to rent our house from mid July and they want it for 3 years so its hard to let that go. I'm in limbo AHHHHH!!!
Old Jun 13th 2008, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

claire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ryaner
CONGRATS ON THE CO MELBOURNE

Did your CO ask for anything or just let you know that they are looking for your file?
We have ours since 28 May and sent all paperwork the next day and still haven't heard anything. Why does is take so long to look at a file? I'm cracking up now as we have people to rent our house from mid July and they want it for 3 years so its hard to let that go. I'm in limbo AHHHHH!!!
Hi Ryaner,

We got our Co on 23/04 and sent everything they asked for the same day and still we wait but our eldest meds aint cleared through yet!!

Sorry you just have to be patient!!

Thanks Claire x
Old Jun 13th 2008, 11:00 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lindsayc
Thanks I think I will ask my GP for that although won't be able to use for my youngest as he will only be 15 months when we fly - hope that it doesn't make him hyperactive Original Sunshine as he's active enough

We are planning to wear them out somewhere like legoland in the day as we've hired car and are leaving it at the airport - we've got a evening flight.

Thanks again
Lindsay
ok - we have to do the SEAsia-UK flight quite often but the b****r is that we have to come back so we do it twice!

at least when you lot emigrate (I think I am going to give up hope of getting this darned visa, it obviously wasnt meant to be) you only have to do it once.

15-18 months is an easy age on the flight... they're so tired they sleep and the hum & vibrations of the plane help.

the torture comes around aged 2. there is no easy way to say this - it's not pretty. they get overtired, so cranky. but they're too excited to sleep. so they're even more cranky. then they desparately want to go to bed, but they know that it isnt their bed (BRING ALL TEDDIES / BEDTIME ANIMALS / STORYBOOKS!) so you have to try and make a bed as much as possible.

if they're under 2 you may consider saving money by not having a seat for them. Dont! you need that extra space of 3+ seats.... and when they fall asleep (fingers crossed) in a chair you too need somewhere to sit/sleep unless you fancy a 12+ kg lump on your lap!?!

on the plus side, remember it is ONE-WAY
Old Jun 13th 2008, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Shanaghy
Hi all
congrats on yor case officer Melbourne
On the topic of leaving our pets behind know how you all feel. that picture on our profile is our german shephard called duke we to are going to have to leave him behind we got him when he was small puppy two of our three children have grew up with him and even now he is so carefull around our two year old when we sell the house the OH's brother is going to take him. he is a big part of our family and i think its not going to be easy to leave him behind

have'nt been on much all week lorry driver crashed into our phone line so had no phone for three days so had alot of posts to catch up on really missed being on here.

quick update of the week so far s**t really started off my second son coming home from school past couple of weeks a bit moody kinda let that go. (by the way he only seven) then all week after eating his breakfast he said he was getting pains in his tummy. well pains that wer'nt really there. was running late this morning so while I was dressing our two year old he went and got into the car to wait for us five minutes later went out to the car and he was in floods of tears. I asked him wot was wrong the sore tummy again.
anyway to make a long story short found out he being kicked and punched everyday by some other little boy. so pi**ed off because i've been here before with the same school only with the eldest lad every year for five years i ran up and down to the same school and its no better now than it was then rang another school thinking of getting him transferred. not sure how long we gonna be here for so need to do whats best for him.

Good news we have a veiwing on tuesday at 4.00

sorry if bored you all to death but needed to get off my chest....
wishing all of you still waiting on a c/o Visa's or house sales good luck and best wishes. shanaghys x
p.s anyone ready to set off on there new life best wishes too. xx
Some kids can be really nasty, hope he cheers up soon. Why don't you try Dizzydames idea with the red envelope before Tuesday's viewers come. I'm going on holiday for a week next Friday so first job when I get back is a red envelope in the nearest stream. Thanks Dizzy

Fantastic news Melbourne

For those of you leaving pets behind - I really feel for you. Leaving my 16 year old Westy behind was really upsetting me, but he passed away 2 months ago, but I know how you feel. We are taking our beagle with us. Beagles are pack dogs and as such he wouldn't settle with a new 'pack'!!!!

I'm off to a BE meetup now. I've not been to one before so it's quite exciting - will let you know how we get on.

Enjoy your weekends peeps

Caroline x
Old Jun 14th 2008, 2:57 am
Visa Granted 01/07/08

mr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nice

Melbourne: Congratulation on your CO.

Shanaghy: Kids can be so cruel. Hope you get things sorted out very soon. Good luck with the viewing on Tuesday.
Old Jun 14th 2008, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

The2ofus will become famous soon enoughThe2ofus will become famous soon enough

congratulations MELBOURNE !!!!!!!

Lets hope theres more next week !!!
Old Jun 14th 2008, 3:34 am
Forum Regular

The2ofus will become famous soon enoughThe2ofus will become famous soon enough

congratulations MELBOURNE !!!!!!!

Lets hope theres more next week !!!
Old Jun 14th 2008, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

Dizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by carolinemaria
Some kids can be really nasty, hope he cheers up soon. Why don't you try Dizzydames idea with the red envelope before Tuesday's viewers come. I'm going on holiday for a week next Friday so first job when I get back is a red envelope in the nearest stream. Thanks Dizzy

Caroline x
Hi Caroline make sure it's a flowing stream, not a still one, hope it works for you

Dizzy
Old Jun 14th 2008, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

Shanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dizzydame
Shanaghy, Just read your post about your son, that is so awful, can imagine how you must be feeling. I would want to kill the little s***ts, hope you can get something sorted for him,

Fingers crossed for the viewing, if all else fails try the Feng Shui (my previous post)
Ahh thanks all of you for your support really appreciate it going on monday to see his teacher again will let you know what happens.
and i think i gonna try some of your feng shui dizzydame. and then I not have to worry about changing his school here cause if it works we will be on the first plane out of here
carolinemaria hope it works for your house sale too have a good holiday. and thanks again everyone. shanaghys x
Old Jun 14th 2008, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really nice

Morning,
Still busy as you can imagine
Just a couple of questions with us changing planes in Singapore. Do we have to collect our luggage and then take it to the next check in (terminal)or is it just transferred to the next plane? Also do we get extra baggage allowance with us only going one way?. Before I forget what currency can we use once will land in Singapore. Do they except sterling or just Oz Dollars. So much to think about. Any advice would be appreciated

Joanne x
Old Jun 14th 2008, 10:33 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Lee and Joanne
Morning,
Just a couple of questions with us changing planes in Singapore. Do we have to collect our luggage and then take it to the next check in (terminal)or is it just transferred to the next plane? Also do we get extra baggage allowance with us only going one way?. Before I forget what currency can we use once will land in Singapore. Do they except sterling or just Oz Dollars. So much to think about. Any advice would be appreciated

Joanne x
Hi Guys,
Not sure about yours but we'll be checking our luggage in at Dublin and it'll be transfered to each plane until we get to Melbourne. We have been given a 20kg allowance per passenger (which is 100kg for the lot of us ) and I can tell you, you'll be hard pushed to reach that. I weighed my first suitcase on Thursday and was pleasantly surprised to see that it only weighed 20-22kg! And I can tell you we can barely lift it!

I'm assuming they'll be accepting Australian dollars but must check this out myself (Will have the credit card on standby for emergencies). Let me know if you find out the answer.
Irish Gal
Old Jun 14th 2008, 10:35 pm
Finally in Melbourne!

ittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really nice

Morning,

Joanne x
Hi Joanne

When I was looking into prices for flights the travel agent rang Singapore Airlines and they said that I would have to have proof of my visa when booking my flight to qualify for the extra allowance. I'm sure it would be worth a phone call before you arrive at the airport - good luck!

Linda
Old Jun 15th 2008, 12:10 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Morning,

Joanne x
think I answered about the check-in earlier.... as long as you make sure your baggage is checked all the way through when you very first check-in you'll be fine. if you have to get a new check-in pass then they will ask for your baggage receipts and then just double check for you. but no, you dont have to leave the airport, pick up baggage & re-check-in. you can stay in the terminal.

I've no idea about the extra baggage.

like all airports, singapore accepts all currencies. but like all airports they cheat with the exchange rates I personally have loads of spare Singapore Dollars, but I travel that way a lot. Alternatively, use one of the ATMs and get cash out. OR do what I do, which is use my credit card as that doesnt charge me for using overseas currencies, and then I'm not left with lots of spare unused cash on the next flight out.
Old Jun 15th 2008, 12:16 am
womble

Morning,

Joanne x
think I answered about the check-in earlier.... as long as you make sure your baggage is checked all the way through when you very first check-in you'll be fine. if you have to get a new check-in pass then they will ask for your baggage receipts and then just double check for you. but no, you dont have to leave the airport, pick up baggage & re-check-in. you can stay in the terminal.

I've no idea about the extra baggage.

like all airports, singapore accepts all currencies. but like all airports they cheat with the exchange rates I personally have loads of spare Singapore Dollars, but I travel that way a lot. Alternatively, use one of the ATMs and get cash out. OR do what I do, which is use my credit card as that doesnt charge me for using overseas currencies, and then I'm not left with lots of spare unused cash on the next flight out.
Old Jun 15th 2008, 5:55 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

the extra bagagge: call your airline and tell them about your emigrating visa - if you get it (i am not sure if all visas get it or only pr) - then ask for a confirmation in writing!
helped a few people at the airport

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.