Wikiposts

AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Jun 21st 2008, 3:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Mottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really nice
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by mOZzy
cheers matey, but not for us this time
they wouldn't budge

oh well, there is always a next time ... we think

how was your holiday?!?!?!?!
do tell
It was hot!!! hot!!!! hot!!!!

Well at least you seem to be getting viewersthats a good sign........we havent had any for weeks!!!
Old Jun 21st 2008, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

neuronisis is on a distinguished road

cheers matey, but not for us this time
they wouldn't budge

oh well, there is always a next time ... we think

how was your holiday?!?!?!?!
do tell
Mozzy, post again quick, your number of posts are stuck on the devils number 666
Old Jun 21st 2008, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

Sarah n Andy will become famous soon enoughSarah n Andy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
Just wanted to pick us up off the floor and back on to the first page to remind all those whiney "i sent my application in last week/fortnight/month ago when will I get my CO" that some of us poor bas-tads are STILL waiting for COs & VISAs

They dont need any more docs but I have this horrible nagging feeling we're going to get rejected....
O.S,
Positive thinking ,come on !!!!
What's your nagging doubt? I know you've had a bad time with all the to-ing and throw-ing but I can't imagine they will reject your application for one minute.
Try not to worry hun, easier said than done I know (says she who loses sleep almost every night over this dam process)
Take care & keeping all my fingers & toes crossed for you x
Old Jun 21st 2008, 6:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Oz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sarah n Andy
O.S,
What's your nagging doubt? I know you've had a bad time with all the to-ing and throw-ing but I can't imagine they will reject your application for one minute.
Try not to worry hun, easier said than done I know (says she who loses sleep almost every night over this dam process)
Hi Sarah,

Where abouts in Melbourne are you thinking of heading to and when do you hope to be heading out there?

Colin
Old Jun 21st 2008, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

Sarah n Andy will become famous soon enoughSarah n Andy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Oz Rascal
Hi Sarah,

Where abouts in Melbourne are you thinking of heading to and when do you hope to be heading out there?

Colin
Hi Colin,
When we are heading to Melbourne really depends on lots of things- visa grant,house sale, exchange rate etc...
We visited last year (Feb 07)when we thought we would be applying through the State Sponsorship route (Victoria had agreed to sponsor my hubby as Secondary school teacher)but, when he had his skills assessed,although he had 5 years experience in Secondary-his degree is in primary teaching so the sponsor and the skills assessment didn't match.Hence-no sponsorship !!:curse:
We have had to go down another route (I am a qualified hairdresser)this has taken a lot longer than planned and since we visited house prices in our preferred areas (Warrenwood/Ringwood/Croydon) have shot up and house prices in the UK have slumped.We actually feel like we have "missed the boat". Now, I know you didn't ask for my life story but just putting you in the picture.
We are beginning to consider Point Cook (which we also visited and was lovely) on the West of Melbourne.Bit cheaper but still very family orientated.
It will really depend on jobs-it's just that we have friends and relatives on the east so it seemed the obvious choice.
We initially thought we'd be there by Dec 08 but that is looking highly unlikely-as each day passes I feel our only option is to validate visa's once we have them and see what happens after that.
Enough , about me, I hope you are still awake !!
where abouts in Melbourne are you guys heading?
When are you planning to go?
what stage are you at-just had a quick look at your blog-are you guys still awaiting a C.O?
Have you visited Oz before or are you going blind?
Take care Colin & family-have a great weekend !
Old Jun 21st 2008, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

hehehehehe
Old Jun 21st 2008, 12:42 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

O.S,
hiya - thanks for that just get a bit despondent occasionally with whiners who applied two weeks ago complaining!!!!

my nagging doubt is we have done a HUGE amount of holidays in loads of different countries as flights are very cheap and it only takes say 90 minutes for us to fly to Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia etc and I'm worried they'll want more details which is crazy...
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

shannon9 is just really niceshannon9 is just really niceshannon9 is just really niceshannon9 is just really niceshannon9 is just really niceshannon9 is just really niceshannon9 is just really niceshannon9 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
Hi Guys,
Not sure about yours but we'll be checking our luggage in at Dublin and it'll be transfered to each plane until we get to Melbourne. We have been given a 20kg allowance per passenger (which is 100kg for the lot of us ) and I can tell you, you'll be hard pushed to reach that. I weighed my first suitcase on Thursday and was pleasantly surprised to see that it only weighed 20-22kg! And I can tell you we can barely lift it!

I'm assuming they'll be accepting Australian dollars but must check this out myself (Will have the credit card on standby for emergencies). Let me know if you find out the answer.
Irish Gal
Hi there everyone,

I have checked it out they will accept all currencys on you flights but you may not get the best rate don't worry be happy.
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

shannon9 is just really niceshannon9 is just really niceshannon9 is just really niceshannon9 is just really niceshannon9 is just really niceshannon9 is just really niceshannon9 is just really niceshannon9 is just really nice

Hi Colin,
When we are heading to Melbourne really depends on lots of things- visa grant,house sale, exchange rate etc...
We visited last year (Feb 07)when we thought we would be applying through the State Sponsorship route (Victoria had agreed to sponsor my hubby as Secondary school teacher)but, when he had his skills assessed,although he had 5 years experience in Secondary-his degree is in primary teaching so the sponsor and the skills assessment didn't match.Hence-no sponsorship !!:curse:
We have had to go down another route (I am a qualified hairdresser)this has taken a lot longer than planned and since we visited house prices in our preferred areas (Warrenwood/Ringwood/Croydon) have shot up and house prices in the UK have slumped.We actually feel like we have "missed the boat". Now, I know you didn't ask for my life story but just putting you in the picture.
We are beginning to consider Point Cook (which we also visited and was lovely) on the West of Melbourne.Bit cheaper but still very family orientated.
It will really depend on jobs-it's just that we have friends and relatives on the east so it seemed the obvious choice.
We initially thought we'd be there by Dec 08 but that is looking highly unlikely-as each day passes I feel our only option is to validate visa's once we have them and see what happens after that.
Enough , about me, I hope you are still awake !!
where abouts in Melbourne are you guys heading?
When are you planning to go?
what stage are you at-just had a quick look at your blog-are you guys still awaiting a C.O?
Have you visited Oz before or are you going blind?
Take care Colin & family-have a great weekend !
Hi there Cloin,

We are going the 1st September blind as you call it but we have very good friends out there. We are going to Vermont, Mitcham or Lilydale. I have done alot of research into these areas, what ever you can afford. The nearer you come to the city the more expencive it is going to be. Don't worry thing will work out in the end.
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

well, we actually got us another offer
18.5k under current asking price (and we've left us only 3.5k to reduce further) so a no so far .. .bu that was only a first offer!!!

Old Jun 22nd 2008, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Lindsayc will become famous soon enoughLindsayc will become famous soon enough

Mozzy/ Mottie - hope you sell your houses soon - fingers crossed for you both (hope you had a good hol Julie)

Joanne - hope you are feeling a bit better now after saying goodbye to your dog Amber - can't imagine how you must have felt - wishing you and your family a safe journey to Adeliade on 1st July.

Melboure - Hi Lisa, I'm Lindsay and I'm on the verge of becoming a wino too!

Irish Gal - wishing you and your family a safe journey too
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

good luck my fellow augusteeeeeeeeeeees
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

Good morning all!

Have been catching up on all the posts this morning! God some off you are really going through a nightmare of a time.

Its a new week lets all get some positive vibes going! Its 8 days till the first of July when we will be sending all the big congratulations again.

People have now paid their summer holiday final payments , so they will be back house hunting and buying YOUR house!

Medical problems! you will be fine, just another hurdle to get through. But you will!

Shabee
x
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Morning all,
Sorry to be a pain but can anyone PM me the embassy number please.

Hope you all had a good weekend !
We have friends visiting from Oz this week so let's hope the good old english weather improves so we can have a "barby" or two.
Hopefully the next time we see them it will be on their turf !!!

Take care all-keeping everything crossed for lots of house sales this week (and a few visa's would be good if the 1st July rumour turns out not to be true-we can but live in hope)
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 9:20 pm
Visa Granted 01/07/08

mr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nice

Morning all,
Sorry to be a pain but can anyone PM me the embassy number please.

Hope you all had a good weekend !
We have friends visiting from Oz this week so let's hope the good old english weather improves so we can have a "barby" or two.
Hopefully the next time we see them it will be on their turf !!!

Take care all-keeping everything crossed for lots of house sales this week (and a few visa's would be good if the 1st July rumour turns out not to be true-we can but live in hope)
Hi

Have PM'd you the Embassy number.

Mary

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.