Wikiposts

AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Apr 11th 2008, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

ROSEBABE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by carolinemaria
Yes I can understand that, I hit 40 in october last year, and started to think about life. I came to the conclusion that I needed to be a mum and not think that work was the most important thing. I've sold my business and am now able to do little things like pick the kids up from school and not stress out. I don't want pubs and parties, but good friends and family life. It's taken til 40 yrs of age for me to realise that it's my kids want to give my time to. They are growing up fast and I don't want to miss anymore.

Caroline x
yes caroline i agree, they r growing fast, mine are 9 & 8. my 9 yrs old doesnt want to go to oz, i carried him out there til i was 31 wks preg, he is very sensitive and he thinks of the people he will leave behind. he can not make this decision for us though, he is too young, i think i know what will be better for him, it is hard leaving, we had a huge leaving party in 1995 when we left and still a huge crowd at the airport when we left, we were so upset, it was only hubby and i then. i know it will be worst this time with kids, if you can try your best and have the least people at the airport if you can, we will certainly do it different this time, fingers x we do get the visa again.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 10:26 am
Just Joined

_paula_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Waiting for C O:
Melbourne
Gonnago
Carolinemaria
Dasalcedo
mOZzy
the4ofus
Hairart
Mottie
Shabee
dankate
hazelf
Dinner-Dash
Vickie
Ryaner
Mo 33
_paula_
Old Apr 11th 2008, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

Dizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=carolinemaria;6195532]I can give you some even fresher blood!

When I announced I was applying for Oz my mum was understandably devasted, my dad was really overjoyed (sounds like he was glad to see the back of us!). My dad is really keen to live out there with us and is busy persuading my mum (she is playing hard to get and bribing him with jobs around the house!) He is now studying all things OZ (although my parents have been before).

I've been telling him about the August thread. So this week he bought a laptop and worked out how to plug it in and switch it on, and now he's following our august thread (he's a quick learner). Yesterday he said ' I saw your message last night". I feel like a teenager who's dad is reading her diary!!! Can no longer swear (the vicar will be pleased). Anyway all say

'WELCOME FRANK'

He doesn't know how to log on yet (he he -don't tell him).

Caroline [/QUOT

WELCOME FRANK

Come on in!!! you wont be the only golden oldie on here, I keep my eye on them all, you have to make allowances for some of them, cos they do like the wine (hic) my daughters don't even post on here, but I like it here cos they all sound like a great bunch. I am hoping to get out to Oz eventually am just playing an even longer waiting game, wait for daughters to get out there , then wait till they settled, then wait for visa processing. So in the meantime I occupy myself watching the Augustees play the waiting game, what will I do when they are all gone

Dizzy
Old Apr 11th 2008, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

bextaroota is a jewel in the roughbextaroota is a jewel in the roughbextaroota is a jewel in the roughbextaroota is a jewel in the rough

Hi guys- I think it's taken an hour for me to catch up on the thread!! Now where do I start...

Welcome to BE Augustees!: Rosebabe, lolylew and Frank! Welcome back vickie!

CONGRATULATIONS to ozziclare2b(soon!), Ozbound08(sure are!), ralphand nic, saville and MTPockets for finally getting your visas this week!! So chuffed for you, the waiting is finally over!

CONGRATULATIONS to babyboo(YESSS!), Shabee, the4ofus and Saint Hornet on your CO's (and twins!), at last some movement- visa's are just round the corner...

Hairart- joining you in that drink mate!!

GOOD LUCK for next week everyone- will I be turning the lights of again tonight??!! Love yas
Old Apr 11th 2008, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

bextaroota is a jewel in the roughbextaroota is a jewel in the roughbextaroota is a jewel in the roughbextaroota is a jewel in the rough

Hey Dizzy- didn't see you there! I'm usually on my own at this time of night! Just catching up- BE Augustee mum so ya are! Oh and we'll always be here- just on a 'we finally got here' thread!!!!!

Last edited by bextaroota; Apr 11th 2008 at 10:45 am. Reason: added a bit :wub:
Old Apr 11th 2008, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

Dizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bextaroota
Hey Dizzy- didn't see you there! I'm usually on my own at this time of night! Just catching up
Hi Bex, I been on the phone nearly all night, only just managed to get a last look
Old Apr 11th 2008, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dizzydame
Hi Bex, I been on the phone nearly all night, only just managed to get a last look
Its been a really exciting day, I've been on and off since 10.30 this morning
Old Apr 11th 2008, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Its been a really exciting day, I've been on and off since 10.30 this morning
I edited my last quote, it has been an exciting week hey?!
Old Apr 11th 2008, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

I edited my last quote, it has been an exciting week hey?!
when are you planning to go?
Old Apr 11th 2008, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

when are you planning to go?
Probably August/September- enjoy one last British summer! It'll take us that long to get organised probably- sooo excited it's ridiculous
Old Apr 11th 2008, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Probably August/September- enjoy one last British summer! It'll take us that long to get organised probably- sooo excited it's ridiculous
I can imagine the excitement, I know I will be just as excited when my daughters get theirs, Think Aug/Sep good time to go, get summer here then another one over there, my daughters were planning to do that but they both have their houses to sell, so even if they get visa they can't do anything with it.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

I can imagine the excitement, I know I will be just as excited when my daughters get theirs, Think Aug/Sep good time to go, get summer here then another one over there, my daughters were planning to do that but they both have their houses to sell, so even if they get visa they can't do anything with it.
We still have our house to sell but I think it'll go fairly quick as it's at the lower end of the market...(!!) Hopefully anyway!!

I guess I should really be heading off to bed my contact lenses feel like sandpaper, mouth feels like a rug, gotta get up early to run parents to train station (they've been staying the week up from near Skeggy), they've been looking after my 4 year old while I nurse my 1 year old! Some holiday for them!! Bless, they're great. Hope there's more good news tomorrow- nite nite non-Dizzydame

Bex xx
Old Apr 11th 2008, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

We still have our house to sell but I think it'll go fairly quick as it's at the lower end of the market...(!!) Hopefully anyway!!

I guess I should really be heading off to bed my contact lenses feel like sandpaper, mouth feels like a rug, gotta get up early to run parents to train station (they've been staying the week up from near Skeggy), they've been looking after my 4 year old while I nurse my 1 year old! Some holiday for them!! Bless, they're great. Hope there's more good news tomorrow- nite nite non-Dizzydame

Bex xx
Nite, I'll turn off the lights give you a break
Old Apr 11th 2008, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Nite, I'll turn off the lights give you a break
Thanks BE's mum- you're a sweetie xx
Old Apr 11th 2008, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

Thanks BE's mum- you're a sweetie xx
everyone tucked up for the nite? lights off!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.