Wikiposts

AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Apr 2nd 2008, 9:32 am
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by flump
good evening peeps,

I chip in every now and then so not one of the familiar names althoug i do read our augustee applicants on a daily basis to keep up with everyones progress.
no way near to getting the house on the market yet, we still got a fair bit to finish before we get the estate agent in. i'd rather have it on the market sooner rather than later but i do sometimes worry about what if we sold the house and then we didn't get the visa!! Do anyof you worry about the same thing??

Claire
x

Hi Claire,
I suppose it depends what the market is like in your area. A house down the road from me has been on the market since Feb 2007!!!! Another friend of mine (hey there Shannon9) has had her house on the market for over 18 months.....
Irish Gal x
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 9:35 am
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
Hi Claire,
I suppose it depends what the market is like in your area. A house down the road from me has been on the market since Feb 2007!!!! Another friend of mine (hey there Shannon9) has had her house on the market for over 18 months.....
Irish Gal x
18 months Ouch
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

flump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the rough

Yes thats true, the way the housing market is at the moment, its prob going to take longer than not, soon as its finished we'll get the board up, god, i hope its not up yrs, feel optimistic that it will sell quick but then i worry about not getting the visa. mind you at this rate we will prob get the visa before we get the house finished!! Great the you got an offer on yours, how long has it been on the market?

Claire
x
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

bextaroota is a jewel in the roughbextaroota is a jewel in the roughbextaroota is a jewel in the roughbextaroota is a jewel in the rough

Good evening folks (nearly morning actually- not that I'm addicted...)

Congrats to Luma, Dizzydame's daughter and everyone else who got good news today- join the next que!!!

Well done to Irish Gal- all that last minute cleaning's paid off! Good tip about asking solicitor to delay paperwork! (how long can they do that for..?)

Mr.Benn- it must be your turn soon xx

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
rant?! you want rant?!

after a pretty cr*p night's sleep for both DH & I.....

our 2 year old decided this morning 15 minutes before kindy started that he wanted to do a "pooh" but "no nappy"..... cue piss & sh*t all over floor as he doesnt quite know what to do with a potty

and our 8 month old cut his first tooth.... finally.... after months of crankiness, chewing, biting and buckets of baby-alien-slime-drool

*sigh*
OriginalSunshine!!! Nothing like hearing about somebody elses babies poo to cheer me up!! You gotta love em (I have a 11 month old so sympathise with the drool...)

Originally Posted by flump
good evening peeps,

I chip in every now and then so not one of the familiar names althoug i do read our augustee applicants on a daily basis to keep up with everyones progress.
no way near to getting the house on the market yet, we still got a fair bit to finish before we get the estate agent in. i'd rather have it on the market sooner rather than later but i do sometimes worry about what if we sold the house and then we didn't get the visa!! Do anyof you worry about the same thing??

Claire
x
I'm the same- just pop in for tea (or VINO!) from time to time. I worry the same- our house isn't on the market yet. We don't have too much to do, we were gonna stay here till the end (when we got the elusive golden ticket) but we're getting impatient now and want to sell up and rent. We gotta DO something!!

Oh found this quote on 'current processing times 2'
Originally Posted by maroonedNZ
Miracles - I just spoke to a lovely helpful lady in Adelaide (after less than 10 minutes on hold!). They received my paper application on March 17 and acknowledged and receipted it March 20 - for some reason I never got the email so she's resending it today HURRAH!

With regards to paper vs. online, she said for the acknowledge/receipt stage it doesn't make alot of difference and in fact, because of the huge volume of online applications, it can sometimes take longer than paper.

So I have passed the first stage and now join everyone obsessively reading the automated email on a daily basis
Interesting...

Signing out good luck for tomorrow folks xxxxx
(if you're up at a ridiculous hour in the morning you'll probably see this post first- UNLESS YOU HAVE GOOD NEWS THAT IS! in which case I'll be the second...) I'm going mad somebody help me- ranting blah blah blah woooo crazy (bet I made you laugh a bit? Just to cheer you up if you didn't have any news) promise I'm not drunk. I feel excited for some reason- maybe it's a premanition! I hope no-one complains how long this post is! I'm being energy aware (doing all my posts in one...) yawn... Gonna hog the whole page with this, ok- nutter going xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by bextaroota; Apr 2nd 2008 at 11:38 am. Reason: added quote
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

bex - you certainly made me laugh.

never appologise for a post being too long

i've integrated the email checking into my morning routine now (and midday, and afternoon and evening routine too )

kids wake me up, they get breakfast, i put the kettle on and go and check emails and forums
today is a very good day too - the kids didn't wake me before 6am

no news on the other fronts though
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

bextaroota is a jewel in the roughbextaroota is a jewel in the roughbextaroota is a jewel in the roughbextaroota is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mOZzy
bex - you certainly made me laugh.

never appologise for a post being too long

i've integrated the email checking into my morning routine now (and midday, and afternoon and evening routine too )

kids wake me up, they get breakfast, i put the kettle on and go and check emails and forums
today is a very good day too - the kids didn't wake me before 6am

no news on the other fronts though
Glad to be of some service Mozzy xx !!! Yeh I have a routine too, get up with kids switch PC on, get breakfasts sorted while the darn thing heats up.... check emails..... groan cus there's just junk mail from Tesco or such like. What a sad life I'm leading- come ON visa guys!
I got a lie in till 9 this morning though WOW!
Ideal as I was on here so late last night!!

Hope some others get news today though..

Bex xxx
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:40 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

morning x. gratz to those with acknowledgements.

We havent had one visa grant this week have we? Do u think we may have all been allocated co's if front loaded and wont hear til grant? or is that just wishful thinking?
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really nice

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
morning x. gratz to those with acknowledgements.

We havent had one visa grant this week have we? Do u think we may have all been allocated co's if front loaded and wont hear til grant? or is that just wishful thinking?
I believe all of you who have front loaded and had full acknowledgement have Co's because I wasn't even aware I had one until they requested pay slips.

Joanne
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lee and Joanne
I believe all of you who have front loaded and had full acknowledgement have Co's because I wasn't even aware I had one until they requested pay slips.

Joanne
I believe we will hear grant after grant soon. All or nothing with imm.

Hope they get a move on as I have found, for the first time my ideal home in Adelaide. Unfortunately it is up for auction mid April. Hope nobody show interest.
Wait for me!!!!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

joanne!

i've given up checking on houses in adelaide ... for the time being anyways
i'll start again closer to the time we actually have a date!!!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bextaroota
Glad to be of some service Mozzy xx !!! Yeh I have a routine too, get up with kids switch PC on, get breakfasts sorted while the darn thing heats up.... check emails..... groan cus there's just junk mail from Tesco or such like. What a sad life I'm leading- come ON visa guys!
I got a lie in till 9 this morning though WOW!
Ideal as I was on here so late last night!!

Hope some others get news today though..

Bex xxx

nothing wrong with a nice settled routine
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

joanne!

Its nice to have a look around though.
Are you planning on going asap?
Received quotes for groupage container. Decided we would rather save £800 and replace some of our furniture as we have had it for so long. Only problem is , it can take up to 12 weeks to deliver not 6 if we share. If you or anyone is interested in sharing let me know. As we are hoping to go asap. House(fingers crossed)will be sold by the end of April. Just a matter of booking flights and off we go.
I think we are going to have a holiday first so the kids can settle in and get over the jet lag before we rent. Planning on booking a cabin at Adelaide Shores for a couple of weeks. May, being cheaper as it is low season.What about you? what are your plans?.

Joanne
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

joanne!

GOD how can you be so sensible when it's all so crazy (when everyone else is loosing their head blah blah)!

I believe we will hear grant after grant soon. All or nothing with imm.
Hope so- all our stuff is in now too... I thought the waiting before was bad but now there's nothing else to do, it's worse.

nothing wrong with a nice settled routine
Life depends on it babe!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

Its nice to have a look around though.
Are you planning on going asap?
Received quotes for groupage container. Decided we would rather save £800 and replace some of our furniture as we have had it for so long. Only problem is , it can take up to 12 weeks to deliver not 6 if we share. If you or anyone is interested in sharing let me know. As we are hoping to go asap. House(fingers crossed)will be sold by the end of April. Just a matter of booking flights and off we go.
I think we are going to have a holiday first so the kids can settle in and get over the jet lag before we rent. Planning on booking a cabin at Adelaide Shores for a couple of weeks. May, being cheaper as it is low season.What about you? what are your plans?.

Joanne
Great idea- anyone going to Perth (hopefully some time in the summer..?) so we can share too???? Or maybe we'll just go to Adelaide he he he... Great idea about having a holiday.

Last edited by bextaroota; Apr 2nd 2008 at 9:09 pm.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

Morning all,

I am ill and need cheering up. I'm coughing that much that my stomach muscles ache and I have to bend over and hug tummy in order to cough. The women I sold my business to took over on Tuesday and I'm not sleeping cos I think she is already making mistakes (for god sake Caroline let her get on with it !!! - yes I'm talking to myself now).

I'm curled up on sofa gauping at three suitcases of dirty holiday clothes wanting attention watching that crap Jeremey Kyle program (we should go on it with our problems) - program could be entitled:

I'M IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH SEVERAL DESPERATE PEOPLE FROM AN INTERNET FORUM, IT'S RUINING MY HOME LIFE - KIDS AREN'T FED HUSBAND FEELS NEGLECTED!!

GOOD LUCK TODAY PEEPS

Coughing Caroline

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.