Wikiposts

AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Apr 2nd 2008, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

i know!!!
i am going to get a schedule together what is our lowest offer we can accept!! anything above is a bonus

there is a subforum in the meet in oz forum
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 10:50 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mOZzy
and we still are not decided on what to take - nothing/little/ all ????
everyone says 'bring it all' - but like you some things need replacing so i don't see the point in taking it really!
well, should we get a granny annex we always could put it in there

We're bringing everything and I'll tell you why. Looks like most places are a 12month minimum lease - so rather than buying new furniture for a rented house, I'd prefer to wait til I've bought - better to match up, etc.

Also, I really think we'll all settle better in a strange house with our own stuff...

PS. We're heading for Melbourne

Last edited by Irish Gal; Apr 2nd 2008 at 10:52 pm. Reason: missing words
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
We're bringing everything and I'll tell you why. Looks like most places are a 12month minimum lease - so rather than buying new furniture for a rented house, I'd prefer to wait til I've bought - better to match up, etc.

Also, I really think we'll all settle better in a strange house with our own stuff...

PS. We're heading for Melbourne
The business I have just sold was amongst other things a furniture shop so I have acquired some good stuff at trade prices. I can still buy at trade so it's worth me taking furniture with me and even taking new stuff as I doubt I can buy as cheaply over there. I'm not taking bedroom stuff as most of it's fitted over there and all our beds are due for renewing! And yes I think I'd also feel better with familiar things around me.

Thanks Mozzy I'm booked in for a meet in June

Coughing Caroline
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

Whats the climate like in Melbourne. Anyone got Australia Mag (out April 3) I'm sure there is a big feature on Melbourne? Off to tesco's for it later.

Caroline
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really nice

i am mrs. sensible - not always though

joanne we'd like to go asap really but we first need someone to buy the house!!! that is even WORSE than doing the visa - because there is no timeline whatsoever!!!!

and we also will take it easy the first few weeks!
OH has to do his licence anyways so won't be likely to get a job straight away! - and i am with you on that one. they kids (and us) just need a few weeks to shut down from all this stress - and the new stress beginning once out there

everyone says 'bring it all' - but like you some things need replacing so i don't see the point in taking it really!
Hi Mozzy,
Lee has to do his licence as well. Never know . Might end up on the same course. Selling of your house. Good luck with that. We decided enough was enough with EA and I contacted somebody who buys house for cash. Yes , before you lot start giving me a lecture. We are aware that we are selling for less. But like Lee keeps saying. You can't buy time. Whats more important. We made a killing on our last property so we are happy to walk away with what we paid for on this one. If you decided to take the same route as us let me know. I'll give you his number. He did say pass the word if you are happy. Remember it's less but there is no stress involved, no solicitors,no estate agent fees.

Joanne
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

yes, we do tend to bringing the nice things too!
and they all say the houses are so much bigger - you do need more stuff

joanne how much less?!? i was wondering about those companies

oh on the same course that would be funny!!!
what part of adelaide are you thinking of moving to?
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Lee and Joanne
Hi Mozzy,
Lee has to do his licence as well. Never know . Might end up on the same course. Selling of your house. Good luck with that. We decided enough was enough with EA and I contacted somebody who buys house for cash. Yes , before you lot start giving me a lecture. We are aware that we are selling for less. But like Lee keeps saying. You can't buy time. Whats more important. We made a killing on our last property so we are happy to walk away with what we paid for on this one. If you decided to take the same route as us let me know. I'll give you his number. He did say pass the word if you are happy. Remember it's less but there is no stress involved, no solicitors,no estate agent fees.

Joanne
How much less than the market rate? Can you PM me the details about the company. Decided last night that staying put for the sake of money and hoping the house will go up is not the way to go. To many houses, not enough buyers and the state of the economy is not good
Thanks
Tam
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really nice

yes, we do tend to bringing the nice things too!
and they all say the houses are so much bigger - you do need more stuff

joanne how much less?!? i was wondering about those companies

oh on the same course that would be funny!!!
what part of adelaide are you thinking of moving to?
Hi, unsure of where we would like to live. Keep changing my mindGlenelg and Brighton sound nice. So does Mount Barker. Oh and Victor Habour LOL. A good school for my two boys is priority.
The price they offer is either 15/20% less than the original/ highest asking estimated value of your property. Which i think is pretty good as the houses are going down in value anyway.

Joanne
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi, unsure of where we would like to live. Keep changing my mindGlenelg and Brighton sound nice. So does Mount Barker. Oh and Victor Habour LOL. A good school for my two boys is priority.
The price they offer is either 15/20% less than the original/ highest asking estimated value of your property. Which i think is pretty good as the houses are going down in value anyway.

Joanne
Sounds too good to be true. We will wait and see. I'll kep you posted. Expecting phone call from his surveyor tomorrow .

Joanne
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

bextaroota is a jewel in the roughbextaroota is a jewel in the roughbextaroota is a jewel in the roughbextaroota is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by carolinemaria
Morning all,

I am ill and need cheering up. I'm coughing that much that my stomach muscles ache and I have to bend over and hug tummy in order to cough. The women I sold my business to took over on Tuesday and I'm not sleeping cos I think she is already making mistakes (for god sake Caroline let her get on with it !!! - yes I'm talking to myself now).

I'm curled up on sofa gauping at three suitcases of dirty holiday clothes wanting attention watching that crap Jeremey Kyle program (we should go on it with our problems) - program could be entitled:

I'M IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH SEVERAL DESPERATE PEOPLE FROM AN INTERNET FORUM, IT'S RUINING MY HOME LIFE - KIDS AREN'T FED HUSBAND FEELS NEGLECTED!!

GOOD LUCK TODAY PEEPS

Coughing Caroline
LOL Caroline about kids and hubby, mine moans all the time (probably rightly so!)! Bless you though, I'm just over a throat infection where my dangly thing at the back of my throat tripled in size and I couldn't talk- gross. Hope you feel better soon xxxx

i am mrs. sensible - not always though

We're not decided either.

Hi Irish Gal glad I am of some use today (cough cough). Where are you heading to? OH read a 7 page blog on how boring a place Perth is to live (surely not). He is looking at Brisbane now because of course stupid man believes all he reads!

Coughing Caroline
My brother said it was boring but he's only 27 and single- not for those of us wanting to party night and day 24 7! However it's meant to be fantastic (and very safe- as much as it can be) for familys- not like here where everyone gives you dirty looks if your kid so much as sneezes near them...

Originally Posted by tayles
Fraid I can't help there Bex - had our first removal company out and we are going to need a full 20ft container. May have a bit of room to play with but not much. Those bloody tools

Everything going according to plan ( that's a joke for a start) we are looking to leave beg of Sept which will give me 3 weeks before the Oz schools come off for 2 week break during which time we will hopefully find a rental and I can check out the schools in the area. The boys will think it will be great as they will get their 6 weeks summer hols in Uk, then off for another 5 weeks then only back to school for about 6 weeks then off for Oz\ summer hols.(i'm going to be totally stressed out!!)
That's my thoughts, anyone else have any other ideas

Erica
Erica, I know all about those tools chick! We'd like to be going by September too (never mind the kids, it's so I can have my birthday in the sun rar !)

Joanne
We keep changing our mind- Perth or Brissy though!!!! Arrgghhh make a decision..! I've heard you're right about house prices going down although they think they might start to go up more gently again in the new year- more reason to get outta here quick!!
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 12:12 am
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Whats the climate like in Melbourne. Anyone got Australia Mag (out April 3) I'm sure there is a big feature on Melbourne? Off to tesco's for it later.

Caroline
Hi Caroline,
On the "Moving Down Under" show on BBC recently, the experts said that Melbourne gets the same amount of rainfall as London..... but on fewer days. So heavier showers but clear up fast.

Its known to have the 4 seasons in one day. I think I'll like having the seasons. I think it would be unnatural to have sun all year round.

Listen, I'm from Ireland - ANY weather is better than constant rain!
Irish Gal
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

Hsherriff will become famous soon enoughHsherriff will become famous soon enough

Just to let you know out news.

WE GOT OUR FULL ACK TODAY
YIIIIIIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEE

Congrats to everyone else who got good news and everything crossed for all those still waiting for their next step.

We now have the long wait for the CO but we took another step up the ladder so we are happy.

Old Apr 3rd 2008, 12:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
Hi Caroline,
On the "Moving Down Under" show on BBC recently, the experts said that Melbourne gets the same amount of rainfall as London..... but on fewer days. So heavier showers but clear up fast.

Its known to have the 4 seasons in one day. I think I'll like having the seasons. I think it would be unnatural to have sun all year round.

Listen, I'm from Ireland - ANY weather is better than constant rain!
Irish Gal
My kids are still set on Perth (it's like food they seem to know they don't like something and yet they've never had it - whats that all about?). I like the look of Perth but am open to other areas. Brisbane seems too humid and Sydney expensive.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hsherriff

YIIIIIIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEE

Congrats to everyone else who got good news and everything crossed for all those still waiting for their next step.

We now have the long wait for the CO but we took another step up the ladder so we are happy.

BLOODY FANTASTIC. GREAT NEWS.

CAROLINE
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

shellynelly will become famous soon enoughshellynelly will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Hsherriff

YIIIIIIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEE

brilliant news lets hope you go straight to visa now wouldnt that be nice and give all of us some hope to

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.