Wikiposts

AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Mar 9th 2008, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Lee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really nice
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by bextaroota
We have (sort of!) decided on Perth as it's so family orientated, warm only getting really hot a couple of weeks of the year, and we have a friend of friend there, but I can't help thinking of Brisbane (for the same reasons as you), so Joanne you're not the only ones undecided! I've never even been to Oz () oh has stayed in Brisbane, he has an uncle (who is lovely) and a lot of family in Brisbane so that would definitely help with the move- it's so hard to know what to do- I know I could convince my hubby (heh heh ) to go wherever... you've got me thinking again... which isn't a bad thing, I just need to get more informed and decisive (sooo sick of all the decisions- do your blokes leave it up to you too..??!!!)
Thanks for the advice, and the answer is yes to blokes always leaving us women to make all the decisions. We all know they only do it so they can blame us if it goes wrong.

Joanne
Old Mar 9th 2008, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Lee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really nice

Originally Posted by babyboo2101
Joanne

Like you, we spent weeks to'ing and fro'ing between Perth and Brisbane, eventually being dead set on Perth. It was only when we realised how much work was available for Ian in Brisbane, and that Brisbane is the transport/logistics capital of Australia that we became dead set on Brisbane. I have a cousin there and Ian has friends there also and I think its really important if possible to have a bit of a support network waiting for you when you arrive, that wasnt crucial in the beggining for us but is now, local knowledge being priceless in helping us settle in. If you dont have that network there then I guess the whole of Australia is your oyster and wherever you decide Im sure you will research it properly.What also swayed it for us was how isolated Perth is from the rest of Oz. Eventually we would like to explore Sydney and visit friends in Melbourne on holidays, I believe Sydney is a 10hour drive and Melbourne 18 spread over a couple or three days, being in Brisbane opens up much more of Australia to us, not to mention Gold Coast and all the fab theme parks and holiday places there.
I have heard that Adelaide is very quiet, (not sure if true), where as Melbourne has everything any major world city has, not to mention a great nightlife and restaurants if your into that, and Victoria has a cooler climate, Its whatever works best for you and your family, I suppose I am trying to say that it is only natural to question whether you have chosen your future home correctly as somewhere that suits your whole family, I guess we will never know until we get there too. Its natural to worry and change your mind (and back again), thats what we have done, but the more we research Brisbane, and because we have a network of friends and family there we are 100% sure that it is right for us. But everybody is different and just wondered if anything has put you off Adelaide in particular?
Thanks for the advice, your reply has been really helpful. I'm so glad it's not just me with this problem. So many of you seem to know where you are heading too. We have been doing more research on different areas over
er the weekend and have discovered that Melbourne is cooler in temp than Adelaide. Lee is a little worried about being too hot while working.BLESS.
Also we have discovered that the properties are actually cheaper. Which is a bonus as we really don't want a mortgage this time.If we can help it.
Another reason is we are starting to feel that Adelaide will be too quiet. We have to think of our two boys and their future. We are going to give them a better life too and feel Melbourne will give them better opportunities. Think we have made our mind up, don't you.
Best of all. Lee made the decision to go there. So I can blame him if it goes wrong

Joanne x
Old Mar 9th 2008, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lee and Joanne
Thanks for the advice, your reply has been really helpful. I'm so glad it's not just me with this problem. So many of you seem to know where you are heading too. We have been doing more research on different areas over
er the weekend and have discovered that Melbourne is cooler in temp than Adelaide. Lee is a little worried about being too hot while working.BLESS.
Also we have discovered that the properties are actually cheaper. Which is a bonus as we really don't want a mortgage this time.If we can help it.
Another reason is we are starting to feel that Adelaide will be too quiet. We have to think of our two boys and their future. We are going to give them a better life too and feel Melbourne will give them better opportunities. Think we have made our mind up, don't you.
Best of all. Lee made the decision to go there. So I can blame him if it goes wrong

Joanne x
You go girl, all the blame on the fella's whether they make the decision or not Our decisions was made up for us with our family being in Horsley (they have moved from dapto since we started this process but it is basically the same area). Mind you if it doesn't suit we will just move somewhere else - life is a journey not a destination as a few people have said before on here.

This week will be great
Old Mar 9th 2008, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lee and Joanne

Joanne x

Looks like you need a new Avatar then
Old Mar 10th 2008, 12:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Blimey things are bad - we were half way down the 3rd page

My meds are going of today wahoooo - finally 3 weeks after being done:curse: makes me wonder what the big rush way in the first place lol. Ho hum, still no CO, so no rush I guess.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

Inglewhite has a spectacular aura aboutInglewhite has a spectacular aura aboutInglewhite has a spectacular aura about

hi augustees,
feeling positive this week, i read in my stars in sunday paper yesterday
prediction off mystic meg for cancer star sign said,
'A link with australia is important ', so who knows maybe this week we'll get our visa (fingers crossed )
Old Mar 10th 2008, 12:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Ohh thats spooky!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 1:00 am
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Inglewhite
hi augustees,
feeling positive this week, i read in my stars in sunday paper yesterday
prediction off mystic meg for cancer star sign said,
'A link with australia is important ', so who knows maybe this week we'll get our visa (fingers crossed )
Go guys loads of good luck wished coming your way. Mine was totally unrelated from Ivillage wittered on about i know what to say and when to say it. Well if it works i suppose i best say please mr or mrs CO can i have mine this week, i really really will be so happy if you oblidge
Old Mar 10th 2008, 1:04 am
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

I know a lot of us are hoping to make the big move in August but have been doing a bit of research and for us, (2 adults and 3 kids) its costing €5700 to go in August - but if we wait til the first week in September - the prices drops to an amazing €3665!! (This is with Qantas too)

Worth considering huh! Also, the final school term starts around the 7th October which would give the kids a bit of a holiday while they settle in.

Fingers crossed for everyone who's waiting.
Irish Gal x

Last edited by Irish Gal; Mar 10th 2008 at 1:05 am. Reason: wrong word typed
Old Mar 10th 2008, 1:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Im still holding out for June

Due to move out of house next Thursday...thats IF we exchange in next two days.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 1:46 am
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Im still holding out for June

Due to move out of house next Thursday...thats IF we exchange in next two days.
Oh, that's great news. I think selling the house is another big hurdle to get over. If we get our visa by May I think we'll be gone within weeks too. I can't see us waiting - but we'll see!

Good Luck with it
Old Mar 10th 2008, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
Oh, that's great news. I think selling the house is another big hurdle to get over. If we get our visa by May I think we'll be gone within weeks too. I can't see us waiting - but we'll see!

Good Luck with it
Lets hope the COs play ball eh?

Karma sent
Old Mar 10th 2008, 1:56 am
Oh, George.....

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Lets hope the COs play ball eh?

Karma sent

Karma returned

Looks like most people from August have abandoned the site today cos its a public holiday in Australia. I'm addicted so always on (even Christmas Day I believe ha!)
Old Mar 10th 2008, 2:02 am
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

BOY AM I STRESSED. After weeks of nothing, then suddenly to be told by agent to have meds and pccs done before we go on hols (Sat), i'm now rushing to fill in all the forms. Now someone who has asked me twice to drop house price by £25,000 has realised I won't (no visa no rush yet), have upped their budget and want to view. OMG I have suitcases washing & ironing everywhere, am trying to get house straight after party on Sat (inc. people sleeping over). tick tick tick I'm going to explode. Someone send ,me MORE kalma pleeasse!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 2:04 am
BE Enthusiast

I know a lot of us are hoping to make the big move in August but have been doing a bit of research and for us, (2 adults and 3 kids) its costing €5700 to go in August - but if we wait til the first week in September - the prices drops to an amazing €3665!! (This is with Qantas too)

Worth considering huh! Also, the final school term starts around the 7th October which would give the kids a bit of a holiday while they settle in.

Fingers crossed for everyone who's waiting.
Irish Gal x
Excellent info babe, that's all of us either June or September then? We'll all have to co-ordinate our flights, the airports won't know what hits them if we all turn up together

Karma returned

Looks like most people from August have abandoned the site today cos its a public holiday in Australia. I'm addicted so always on (even Christmas Day I believe ha!)
I'm still here despite saying that i wasn't going to log on at all today, i just couldn't help it. Agent has emailed saying that she'll cahse it up again, her last chase up was 28th Deb so i think i'm not hassling her too much

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.