Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Jan 1st 2013, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Hi Kaye5, Skyscanner is one of the ones I regularly use. Prices do seem to jump up the closer we get ;(

We are in the same boat as you with regards to keeping flight costs down. ( Our House is still for sale too! 1 year later )

We wish you good luck for the rest of 2013
We're going whether the house sells or not - hence being desperate to keep costs down as almost all our funds are tied up in the house.

Another possibility for us is booking Icelandair to Halifax, rather than Air Transat who are non-changeable. Means we can change the flights (at a cost, but better than losing the whole ticket price).

Could you guys book changeable flights? Not sure if you can get cheap-ish changeable flights to Manitoba.

I'm not much of a gambler but am seriously thinking about this.

Good luck with a 2013 Spring house-buying surge. that we both sell our houses.
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 3:49 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kaye5
We're going whether the house sells or not - hence being desperate to keep costs down as almost all our funds are tied up in the house.

Another possibility for us is booking Icelandair to Halifax, rather than Air Transat who are non-changeable. Means we can change the flights (at a cost, but better than losing the whole ticket price).

Could you guys book changeable flights? Not sure if you can get cheap-ish changeable flights to Manitoba.

I'm not much of a gambler but am seriously thinking about this.

Good luck with a 2013 Spring house-buying surge. that we both sell our houses.

Hello Kaye5, I don't think we can book changeable flights to Manitoba? We will either be going from Bristol or Heathrow depending who we end up flying with (for the PR activation) They are not direct flights either.

We are getting excited that we should be near the end now Hopefully we should not need to retake our medicals? Have others applying for PNP ever had to do this? I hope we are not the first

I hope you all hear something soon? We are trying to resist booking a Summer holiday
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Hello Kaye5, I don't think we can book changeable flights to Manitoba? We will either be going from Bristol or Heathrow depending who we end up flying with (for the PR activation) They are not direct flights either.

We are getting excited that we should be near the end now Hopefully we should not need to retake our medicals? Have others applying for PNP ever had to do this? I hope we are not the first

I hope you all hear something soon? We are trying to resist booking a Summer holiday
Aw rats, that's a tough one. We would prefer not to fly with Icelandair for many reasons but we would put up with it as it is only one journey(!) and might be our best option unless we hear something in the next week or so, which I think is unlikely.

I haven't heard of anyone having to re-take medicals (but I believe technically it is possible). We still have some way to go before that happens thankfully.

Are you planning to land and then come back to the UK to wait for your house to sell?
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 3:07 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Aw rats, that's a tough one. We would prefer not to fly with Icelandair for many reasons but we would put up with it as it is only one journey(!) and might be our best option unless we hear something in the next week or so, which I think is unlikely.

I haven't heard of anyone having to re-take medicals (but I believe technically it is possible). We still have some way to go before that happens thankfully.

Are you planning to land and then come back to the UK to wait for your house to sell?
Hi Kaye5, Just risen from working nights We plan to land before our Medicals expire and then adjust our house price accordingly to help its sale (hopefully) Alternatively we may have to rent it out until it sales, although we would rather sell it

We are also trying to avoid the summer holiday temptations
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 5:39 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

Let me try to answer your question again (Now I have fully woken up! )
We may fully move when we land or we may come back to sell the house. We have not fully decided yet. It also depends on if we can organise any employment in Canada once we have COPR.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 5:41 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

Is anyone else on here just activating there PR and returning home to sort everything or are you all just making the move in one go?
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Kaye5, Just risen from working nights We plan to land before our Medicals expire and then adjust our house price accordingly to help its sale (hopefully) Alternatively we may have to rent it out until it sales, although we would rather sell it

We are also trying to avoid the summer holiday temptations
We are also looking at a spring "adjustment" to hopefully get some sale action! Same here - if it hasn't sold by about September, we'll try and rent it out for 6 months, then re-market once the tenancy has gone month to month to hit the spring (2014) market again.

Let me try to answer your question again (Now I have fully woken up! )
We may fully move when we land or we may come back to sell the house. We have not fully decided yet. It also depends on if we can organise any employment in Canada once we have COPR.

Is anyone else on here just activating there PR and returning home to sort everything or are you all just making the move in one go?

While I feel very uncomfortable fully moving without our house selling, we have decided to go for it. It will be over 3 years since we first applied and we are just fed up. We don't have permanent jobs here and can be laid off at any time. It frightens me to think just how precarious the move will be if we don't get work quickly but staying here hanging on a thread financially, not knowing if or when we will move feels almost as stressful. At least if we are there we can go for permanent jobs and move on in our lives. I think it would be difficult for us to find work from the UK, given that we are not "in demand".

I guess if the worst comes to the worst and we run out of funds, we will just have to come back to the UK until the house sells.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guys, someone just got PPR on another thread (FSW1 M1).

Means CIC London must be back at work and sending out those PPR emails...

Keep watching your inboxes...!!
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

ME!!!! No, Im not shouting, sorry . If we get ours, we are going around the end of April/early May and thats it.......gone . My brother has decided to act as 'devils advocate' and go through the 20million what if questions and needless to say I had an answer for about one , always good to have at least one answer . I have no idea what I will do if I dont get work, just get a job in Tim Hortons, fine by me really . And if I dont get one there maybe sing by the bus stop or something . I have a survival plan that doesnt last too many months but a few, then plan B - havent decided on what that is yet...its in the planning stages, will let you know shortly . A bit scary hey?
Old Jan 4th 2013, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

:flypig :

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! We got the e mail today asking for passport copies for us . Have no idea what to do at this minute in time so thought I would just let you all know . Lucky I have a few days off work so can wander about in a daze and maybe even get the train to London on Monday and take the paperwork and drop it off!!!! How mad is that .

We have until the end of May to get there
Old Jan 4th 2013, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

Jaysuper is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Violets are blue

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! We got the e mail today asking for passport copies for us . Have no idea what to do at this minute in time so thought I would just let you all know . Lucky I have a few days off work so can wander about in a daze and maybe even get the train to London on Monday and take the paperwork and drop it off!!!! How mad is that .

Woaowwww, Violets are blue, let me be the first to say congratulations to you. Great news indeed for the new year. I am really very glad for you. Start packing your boxes. I wish all that are still waiting good news very soon.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Massive congratulations!!

Get photocopying!

Book flights!

Order shipping! ha ha!

Fantastic news - get the booze out!
Old Jan 4th 2013, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Big Congratulation Violet are blue. You have indeed opened year 2013 well and pray for the best for all of us.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Maplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to all

About time too! Many congratulations and enjoy your celebrations
Old Jan 4th 2013, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Maplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to all

We are. Our medicals expire in May and we can't get out until the end of July for a number of reasons. So, we are going to 'land' during the Easter hols, return and then hope to go for good July/August time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.