Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Jan 26th 2013, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

GazGsm1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
I'm hoping that its October 2013 you meant.
Sorry guys it's defo Oct. 2013, typo.
Old Jan 26th 2013, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
Hi Garry congrats on your PPR not long now to COPR? Not sure I understand your dates "Pr expires on 18th Oct 2012" typo I reckon?

What is your timeline from your LOA?

Regards

Andrew
Hi Andrew,

How do I do LOA and I'll put my details at the bottom of my posts, like others do?
Old Jan 26th 2013, 12:17 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Originally Posted by GazGsm1
Hi Andrew,

How do I do LOA and I'll put my details at the bottom of my posts, like others do?
You can put your time line in your signature
Old Jan 26th 2013, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

Just put it onto my signature, so hope it works and it helps you guys?
Old Jan 27th 2013, 12:07 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Good Job
Old Jan 27th 2013, 12:20 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tony_Tiger
Hey things are good.
Don't worry the PR come through.
Things my end are good. Ive just been so busy. I started work with TD bank in mid november. I got interviewed there and then and called back for a second interview when I went to a careers open day a few days after I landed. I got a exam on Monday, so just studying for that. Other than that im just saving, hopefully I should have enough for a deposit for a apartment/townhouse by the end of the year.
Its such a contrast to being back home in London. I was unemployed for over a year. No jobs and no prospects. After all the hard work of taking the risk and finances going pear shaped. It looks like its paying off.
Tony, Great to hear that things are off to a good start for you Wow, out of work for a year in the uk?

We should have been sorted last week, and would just have been waiting for London's decision, but London advised my OH by mail that they could not make a decision on her past medical history/problem without two more piece's of information, even though it has been being reviewed by London Medical section for over 6 months?

We got one piece of the information from my OH's Consultant forwarded to our DMP last week, but my OH's consultants secretary, forgot to include the other piece of information, even though she had stated to my OH and the DMP that she had included it. We are now left chasing that up as it is the only thing left that London CHC need.

Basically once this information is forwarded to London CHC from the DMP (once she has all the information) we should have a decision made

It all seems so long winded for us. We appreciate so much how others feel on here when waiting so patiently

I hope our start in Canada is as easy as yours was Tony

Last edited by vettemaster; Jan 27th 2013 at 12:28 am.
Old Jan 27th 2013, 1:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Tony, Great to hear that things are off to a good start for you Wow, out of work for a year in the uk?

We should have been sorted last week, and would just have been waiting for London's decision, but London advised my OH by mail that they could not make a decision on her past medical history/problem without two more piece's of information, even though it has been being reviewed by London Medical section for over 6 months?

We got one piece of the information from my OH's Consultant forwarded to our DMP last week, but my OH's consultants secretary, forgot to include the other piece of information, even though she had stated to my OH and the DMP that she had included it. We are now left chasing that up as it is the only thing left that London CHC need.

Basically once this information is forwarded to London CHC from the DMP (once she has all the information) we should have a decision made

It all seems so long winded for us. We appreciate so much how others feel on here when waiting so patiently

I hope our start in Canada is as easy as yours was Tony
I was going to put the banging head against wall smiley, but can't find it. Maybe it's gone due to overuse...

I hope you get this sorted soon, Vettemaster. I would be screaming with frustration.

Actually, I am, but for a different reason. We have not been responded to on case specific emails. Over a week since the last one. First one sent 14 December.

What now?!
Old Jan 27th 2013, 1:42 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kaye5
I was going to put the banging head against wall smiley, but can't find it. Maybe it's gone due to overuse...

I hope you get this sorted soon, Vettemaster. I would be screaming with frustration.

Actually, I am, but for a different reason. We have not been responded to on case specific emails. Over a week since the last one. First one sent 14 December.

What now?!
Thanks Kaye, I would find it very annoying that CHC are not replying to any emails

I hope we get this sorted soon and can put this all behine us

Last edited by vettemaster; Jan 27th 2013 at 1:45 am.
Old Jan 27th 2013, 2:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Thanks Kaye, I would find it very annoying that CHC are not replying to any emails http://www.proemoticons.com/emoticon...y/banghead.gif

I hope we get this sorted soon and can put this all behine us
Ha ha! You found the headbanger!

Old Jan 27th 2013, 3:45 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Ha ha! You found the headbanger!

We cant wait until we go from this to this
Old Jan 27th 2013, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Ha ha! Nice one.

Where DO you get these?!

I thought you had tonnes of snow down your way? I tried to go for a jog today, but all 3 roads into the farm where we live are flooded by melting snow! Should have put flippers on rather than trainers.

I sent another enquiry, this time using the online form. Got a "bounce back" acknowledgement so at least this time we know it has got through. Hopefully it will result in a response later in the week. I still live in hope!!

Old Jan 27th 2013, 7:36 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Hi,

Good job, your time line is in there. Sorry for being nosy but why did your application take so long to process apart from you sending your police cert after your application had reached London?

Regards

Andrew
Old Jan 27th 2013, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi,

Good job, your time line is in there. Sorry for being nosy but why did your application take so long to process apart from you sending your police cert after your application had reached London?

Regards

Andrew
That's about the same timescale as we're running at.

His application went to London in March and he's just had PPR. Ours went in April and there's no sign of PPR for us yet. Similar timeline and we sent police certs up front.

So by time he gets COPR, about 12 months processing. We were anticipating 12 months to COPR.
Old Jan 27th 2013, 9:05 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

That's about the same timescale as we're running at.

His application went to London in March and he's just had PPR. Ours went in April and there's no sign of PPR for us yet. Similar timeline and we sent police certs up front.

So by time he gets COPR, about 12 months processing. We were anticipating 12 months to COPR.
Thanks Kaye, but I thought you had a hold up with the extra medicals? if they hadn't messed you around i would say your time line would have been much shorter?

Tony_tiger last year was 4-5 months done and dusted, if there is a snag with medicals it seems to add another 6 months to the whole process.

I have been looking at another expat forum, some of the Pakistani applicants are getting MR from London 6 weeks after AOR?

Regards

Andrew
Old Jan 27th 2013, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Kaye, but I thought you had a hold up with the extra medicals? if they hadn't messed you around i would say your time line would have been much shorter?

Tony_tiger last year was 4-5 months done and dusted, if there is a snag with medicals it seems to add another 6 months to the whole process.

I have been looking at another expat forum, some of the Pakistani applicants are getting MR from London 6 weeks after AOR?

Regards

Andrew
3 months delay for us, I would say. Although the way it's going we'll need new police certs which will add another month.

I also think there's a "time of year" factor. Those hitting PPR at the end of the year when the quota runs out will take longer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.