Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Apr 23rd 2013, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

, just read through the past couple of days, this thread has taken a turn but Im not sure which direction!!!

Well, Im here and alive!!!!!!!!!! We got through immigration and landed!!!!! Whooo. Its a pity we are not staying is the only thing because now that we are here, would be easy to just get on with it!!! But ohhh well, thats life .

Well, we got in after eleven at night and went through the custom thing bit with passport and had a grumpy little man who didnt want me to speak - thats like telling me not to eat chocolate for a year!!! Never going to happen!! (was that you FL????? haha, I really hope not!!!). Anyway, we got past there, sent to the red chaired room and was dealt with by a wee guard that was very nice. Then the other guard came back with more guards - and I thought I just might either die or be left to sleep in a darkened room for the night, I wasnt too fussed which because we were so very tired.
It ended up he was just curious how I got in to canada and why I was doing it this way - without sponsor, friends, family, no job, no home etc. And to be honest I have wondered the same thing for weeks so fair enough.
Believe me standing in immigration wondering what the hell am i doing here is probably not the best time to be thinking it because they want you to answer questions as well like - how did you get in - and my feeling was that the answer 'on a plane' was not going to bounce!! So I tried - i applied, had an interview and was accepted - hummmm that led to more questions - very long 20-30 minutes but ended up very nice and pleasent to be honest as did the questioning man. They said that most people are sponsored in or on work permits. I like to be unique .
We were through in maybe under an hour but to be honest we really did lose track of time so I am not sure how long it took.
We had our lists stamped and were on our merry way to a much needed hotel room. It was really cold but not too bad, minus something like only 4 or 5 and theres lots of piles of snow everywhere and some frozen river still.
So, it was an experience and all I would say is expect questions that you dont expect like - how did you get here!!!
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 2:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
, just read through the past couple of days, this thread has taken a turn but Im not sure which direction!!!

Well, Im here and alive!!!!!!!!!! We got through immigration and landed!!!!! Whooo. Its a pity we are not staying is the only thing because now that we are here, would be easy to just get on with it!!! But ohhh well, thats life .

Well, we got in after eleven at night and went through the custom thing bit with passport and had a grumpy little man who didnt want me to speak - thats like telling me not to eat chocolate for a year!!! Never going to happen!! (was that you FL????? haha, I really hope not!!!). Anyway, we got past there, sent to the red chaired room and was dealt with by a wee guard that was very nice. Then the other guard came back with more guards - and I thought I just might either die or be left to sleep in a darkened room for the night, I wasnt too fussed which because we were so very tired.
It ended up he was just curious how I got in to canada and why I was doing it this way - without sponsor, friends, family, no job, no home etc. And to be honest I have wondered the same thing for weeks so fair enough.
Believe me standing in immigration wondering what the hell am i doing here is probably not the best time to be thinking it because they want you to answer questions as well like - how did you get in - and my feeling was that the answer 'on a plane' was not going to bounce!! So I tried - i applied, had an interview and was accepted - hummmm that led to more questions - very long 20-30 minutes but ended up very nice and pleasent to be honest as did the questioning man. They said that most people are sponsored in or on work permits. I like to be unique .
We were through in maybe under an hour but to be honest we really did lose track of time so I am not sure how long it took.
We had our lists stamped and were on our merry way to a much needed hotel room. It was really cold but not too bad, minus something like only 4 or 5 and theres lots of piles of snow everywhere and some frozen river still.
So, it was an experience and all I would say is expect questions that you dont expect like - how did you get here!!!
No it wasn't me I tend to remember all my difficult clients and if coming from the UK I would definitely be asking how many chocolate bars you had.
See all in all a painless experience and everything sorted out with little drama.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
No it wasn't me I tend to remember all my difficult clients and if coming from the UK I would definitely be asking how many chocolate bars you had.
See all in all a painless experience and everything sorted out with little drama.
haha, really didnt think it was you, I have imagined you taller for some reason .

Was very painless, pleasant and easy to be honest. I just had no idea how to answer the question - how did you get here - probably because I was tired but got there in the end . The lists and passport being stamped were easy - had already done them up and everyone was nice and chatty to be honest.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 2:41 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Hi Violets, Great to see you arrived safely. So how did you get into Canada??
Thanks for the information. I will note it all
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 2:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

My accent is sometimes an indicator that I wasnt born in Canada
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Hi Violets, Great to see you arrived safely. So how did you get into Canada??
Thanks for the information. I will note it all
Thanks Vettemaster, great to see you are nearly here too!!!!!!! On a plane!!!!!!! Then the do you have a job, no! Do you have a place to live - no!! Do you have any family - no!!! So, why are you here in Winnipeg?? Hummm...........Was all getting a little like - ohhh I must sound like a crazy person - in my head and then began to wonder myself - what the hell am i doing!!!! Very sobering moments though the haze of tiredness!!! . Ended up really well though
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
My accent is sometimes an indicator that I wasnt born in Canada
So, what you are saying is that you were the very tall, silent one?????
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 3:09 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

So, what you are saying is that you were the very tall, silent one?????
Long silent ones are the worst
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Vwera is an unknown quantity at this point

Happy for you! Good luck with it all
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Conmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Violets,

grats, you made it - what else.

Friday evening it will be our turn, a million boxes packed, another million waiting-gosh! Did I mention we do not sleep anymore?
Back with our report next week, I hope.
Markus
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vwera
Happy for you! Good luck with it all
Originally Posted by Conmar
Hi Violets,

Friday evening it will be our turn, a million boxes packed, another million waiting-gosh! Did I mention we do not sleep anymore?
Markus
Thanks guys, its all good

I know what you mean about not sleeping . Nothing more for me to tell yet, just been catching up on sleep, wandering about and shopping. Will do some proper real stuff tomorrow - I should be wide awake and fairly alert by then - maybe .

Good luck with your landing on Friday, I hope all goes well for you .
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

lovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant future

I know what you mean about not sleeping . Nothing more for me to tell yet, just been catching up on sleep, wandering about and shopping. Will do some proper real stuff tomorrow - I should be wide awake and fairly alert by then - maybe .

Hey Violets,

Welcome to Winnipeg! You did it - so happy for you - where are you staying just PM me if you need any any kind of help or information.

Lots of Care & good luck!
Sumegha
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 9:31 pm
win'peger

nitin.g is on a distinguished road

Welcome on becoming a Winnipeger Violets
End of a looooooong journey; and start of another. All the best. After you had rested from the flight journey, feel free to call us for any thing. We stay at Grant, not too far from downtown
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 9:34 pm
win'peger

nitin.g is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Conmar
Hi Violets,

Markus
Hi Markus,

All the best. I remember that time for us so fresh as yesterday. Didnt sleep for last 1 week back home. Wud be purchasing new items for packing, or selling extra stuff during the day; then meeting family in evening; and packing/repacking in the late nights. Slept like a hog for 1 week in winnipeg :P

Are you guys staying in Winnipeg, or heading to Brandon directly?

Nitin
Old Apr 24th 2013, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Conmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot, violets, during the flight we will make up an answer for certain questions, in your shoues I guess I would have had the same problem not to answer like "on the plane".

Have a great time in Peg.
Markus

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.