Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Apr 26th 2013, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

family_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant future
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by blinggg
Hello everybody,

It's great to see everyone sharing their experiences in this forum..its very informative. Can anyone please tell me about 'Medicals received' thing?? I had sent RPRF fee and medical form on 4th Apr and according to DHL website, they got my envelope on 8th April, 2013.

Will they update something like 'Med received' on e-cas system or will I get any e-mail or nothing at all??

Also, please tell me how do they ask for PPR - by post or email??

Please help.

Thanks in advance.
As andrew said, ecas can be very hit and miss, ours was always updated within a day or 2 at every stage whereas others have not been updated until weeks later or not at all
Old Apr 26th 2013, 5:09 pm
win'peger

nitin.g is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Conmar
Hi Violets,

grats, you made it - what else.

Friday evening it will be our turn, a million boxes packed, another million waiting-gosh! Did I mention we do not sleep anymore?
Back with our report next week, I hope.
Markus
Hey Markus....

Are you guys landed? How was the experience. Do call me when you get time. And we can meet on Sunday for a little while.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 6:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Conmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nitin.g
Hey Markus....

Are you guys landed? How was the experience. Do call me when you get time. And we can meet on Sunday for a little while.
Hey Nitin...best regards from two new Winnipegers.
Tomorrow would be fine, we are open for any suggestion.

We made it, the whole immigration process was done within 40 minutes, 10 alone for finding our luggage. We were so stressed not to miss our connection flight, we forgot completely the welcome package (info material).
Slept 4 hours, had breakfast at Salisburys with friends, were cordially greeted by a bunch of neighbours from our host, Friendly Manitoba is it, still the same as last year.
More later, we have to pick up our rental car now.
Best regards and many thanks to all who prayed and kept the fingers crossed for us during the whole process.

Good luck to all waiting
Old Apr 27th 2013, 7:51 am
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
Hi,

That's strange that your application is not showing "In Process" on E-CAS. Ours went into process on the 10th April and we paid the requested RPRF, but no MR yet? Good though that you are already in Canada, so in your case no immediate rush I suppose, but always nice to get it all squared away. We are expecting our MR in May, but who knows

Thanks for sharing your timeline its always good to see where others are in the process, however London VO seem to process all applications differently, no continuity in processing?

Good luck & Regards

Andrew
thanks andrew, its not even "good to get it squared away" - its that my son has autism and we fully expect him to fail the medical but we can then start the appeal, its the waiting and waiting for them to kick off to start with then we can get on with the appeal. also it'd be nice to be PR so we can settle properly and feel like we wont be asked to leave y'know? dont want to get to ingrained in BC only to have them kick us out for medical inadmissability. also whats the point of the computer system if they dont update it? i check it once a week and its still saying application received. i know its in processing becasue they have emailed asking for the medicals and the PR fee, but all that was done in feb. but its still saying application received...
Old Apr 27th 2013, 8:13 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by __TJ__
thanks andrew, its not even "good to get it squared away" - its that my son has autism and we fully expect him to fail the medical but we can then start the appeal, its the waiting and waiting for them to kick off to start with then we can get on with the appeal. also it'd be nice to be PR so we can settle properly and feel like we wont be asked to leave y'know? dont want to get to ingrained in BC only to have them kick us out for medical inadmissability. also whats the point of the computer system if they dont update it? i check it once a week and its still saying application received. i know its in processing becasue they have emailed asking for the medicals and the PR fee, but all that was done in feb. but its still saying application received...
all that waiting sucks, I will keep my fingers crossed they get back to you soon TJ
Old Apr 27th 2013, 8:16 am
Long wait

blinggg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by family_of_4
As andrew said, ecas can be very hit and miss, ours was always updated within a day or 2 at every stage whereas others have not been updated until weeks later or not at all
Hmm that's odd. But as long as I don't get any news, I'll worry like all others
Old Apr 27th 2013, 11:30 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Originally Posted by __TJ__
Sorry to hear of your anxieties, seems nearly everyone going through the PR process has some kind of problem that just slows the process down even more. In your case I see what you mean, once you are there and had a taste of the life, the thought of getting kicked out must be a nightmare, kind of like being rich, once you have lived that lifestyle there is no going back

Its a real shame that you have to deal with London, its probably not the embassy's fault that applications take for ever to process, they are probably short staffed and over worked. You would expect that being UK citizens and the bilateral agreement with the UK, that UK nominated personnel would be easy to process, but it seems that every other nation apart form the UK has a faster process into Canada, it does not help that London also deal with a number of other countries applications, which must put an extra load on the whole process from London.

I have subscribed to this for E-Cas updates https://ecas.carroll.org.uk
it saves having to keep checking, we signed up last month, as soon as our application went "in Process" (on E-CAS) it instantly sent us an email informing us that E-CAS had been updated, saves having to log in.

I hope everything goes well with your Medical Results and that your son's autism is not an issue. Lets hope they see sense and if there is anything, it gets sorted pronto.

Thanks for sharing your experience to date, good luck.

Regards

Drew
Old Apr 28th 2013, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Conmar
Hey Nitin...best regards from two new Winnipegers.
Tomorrow would be fine, we are open for any suggestion.

We made it, the whole immigration process was done within 40 minutes, 10 alone for finding our luggage. We were so stressed not to miss our connection flight, we forgot completely the welcome package (info material).
Slept 4 hours, had breakfast at Salisburys with friends, were cordially greeted by a bunch of neighbours from our host, Friendly Manitoba is it, still the same as last year.
More later, we have to pick up our rental car now.
Best regards and many thanks to all who prayed and kept the fingers crossed for us during the whole process.

Good luck to all waiting

Hey Buddy,

Happy for you and family for the successful landing, we are right behind you
Old Apr 29th 2013, 2:06 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Hi all,

Our Medical Requests were received today by email from London VO

Regards

Andrew
Old Apr 29th 2013, 2:50 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Regards

Andrew
Seems things are going faster these days - 6 months from submission,
Old Apr 29th 2013, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

AVACON is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

Regards

Andrew
Chiefmissile

Hoorayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

Good things come to those who wait!!!!!!!

Wishing you a smooth ME and processing thereafter!
Old Apr 29th 2013, 3:23 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Regards

Andrew
Take your meds stat. You do not want to get slowed down over the summer.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 3:34 am
Forum Regular

Jaysuper is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Regards

Andrew
Hi Chiefmissile, congratulations on
he receipt of your medical request. Really happy for you. All the best with it.

Jaysuper
Old Apr 29th 2013, 3:55 am
Andrew

Originally Posted by AVACON
Chiefmissile

Hoorayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

Good things come to those who wait!!!!!!!

Wishing you a smooth ME and processing thereafter!
Thanks AVACON

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Take your meds stat. You do not want to get slowed down over the summer.
Jim tried to book medical today, first available date is 10th May, only a few choices, as some of the medical centres have stopped conducting immigration medicals. On the plus side, most send results by email.

Originally Posted by Jaysuper
Hi Chiefmissile, congratulations on
he receipt of your medical request. Really happy for you. All the best with it.

Jaysuper
Thanks, hope you hear something soon

Regards

Andrew
Old Apr 29th 2013, 4:07 am
win'peger

nitin.g is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

Regards

Andrew
Yippy!! Congratulations on the milestone. Pray your meds get cleared faster

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.