Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Apr 15th 2013, 9:39 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice
Exclamation Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Finally!!!!!!! Congratulations

Now about the paperwork, do it!!!!!!!! No excuses!!!!!!! . If you have it done, then when the police checks come you are ready to post the lot off!!!!!!!! Simples. So pleased you finally have some movement and results, you deserve it after all of this time!
Hi Violets, We were busy sorting the paperwork the weekend. We had a nice phonecall from ACRO as I forgot to enter something on my form Never knew they worked Saturdays though

Weird this was, we actually left some blanks on our original PR forms and no one noticed we had We never noticed until looking at them yesterday.

Sydney must be good at checking them?

Now to double check the PR forms to make sure I have not missed anything on those

The updated for are different in some areas as we found out when filling them out. They now only want addresses back 10 years or whatever is most recent and they want postal codes as well. Work history is still 10 years and they also want subjects studied now.

Some things seemed easier and some more detailed.

Just got to wait for those police certificates now
Old Apr 15th 2013, 9:44 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Hi Violets, We were busy sorting the paperwork the weekend. We had a nice phonecall from ACRO as I forgot to enter something on my form Never knew they worked Saturdays though

Weird this was, we actually left some blanks on our original PR forms and no one noticed we had We never noticed until looking at them yesterday.

Sydney must be good at checking them?

Now to double check the PR forms to make sure I have not missed anything on those

The updated for are different in some areas as we found out when filling them out. They now only want addresses back 10 years or whatever is most recent and they want postal codes as well. Work history is still 10 years and they also want subjects studied now.

Some things seemed easier and some more detailed.

Just got to wait for those police certificates now
Andrew, good to hear that you are steaming along, won't be long now until there is no more pain and grief Look forward to hearing about your COPR. I take it you don't have to send another PPR?

Regards

Drew
Old Apr 15th 2013, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Conmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond repute

Just back from stalking the postman again...guess what? A brownish envelope from our VO in Paris...my heart nearly missed the beat...YIPPEEEHHH!!!!

COPR, ATA 11:50!

Evening schedule is as follows
Old Apr 15th 2013, 10:40 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Conmar
Just back from stalking the postman again...guess what? A brownish envelope from our VO in Paris...my heart nearly missed the beat...YIPPEEEHHH!!!!

Mate,

That's great news, wow record time of just under 3 months processing, amazing When did you get PPR?

I would suggest that anyone applying in the future as a PNP, try and get your nominated VO as Paris.

Enjoy your wine, when you get to MB its a bit more expensive, no bargain booze unless you do a border run.

Congrats again

Andrew & Family

Last edited by chiefmissile; Apr 15th 2013 at 10:42 am.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Conmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
Mate,

That's great news, wow record time of just under 3 months processing, amazing When did you get PPR?

I would suggest that anyone applying in the future as a PNP, try and get your nominated VO as Paris.

Enjoy your wine, when you get to MB its a bit more expensive, no bargain booze unless you do a border run.

Congrats again

Andrew & Family
Thanks a lot, Andrew.

In our case they have sent us the COPR directly, we did not need a PPR:

Since December 1, 2011, we have ceased affixing visas in passports of applicants for permanent residence whose application have been accepted and who are from visa-exempt countries, which is your case.

Not being completely sure about it I did pin my hopes on it, when I calculated our time schedule.

Best regards to your family too.
Markus
Old Apr 15th 2013, 10:55 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Congratulations
Old Apr 15th 2013, 10:56 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Andrew, good to hear that you are steaming along, won't be long now until there is no more pain and grief Look forward to hearing about your COPR. I take it you don't have to send another PPR?

Regards

Drew
Hi Andrew, We had to complete all forms but no PPR. We will probably get all the paperwork in the post by Friday.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 10:57 am
Andrew

Thanks a lot, Andrew.

In our case they have sent us the COPR directly, we did not need a PPR:

Since December 1, 2011, we have ceased affixing visas in passports of applicants for permanent residence whose application have been accepted and who are from visa-exempt countries, which is your case.

Not being completely sure about it I did pin my hopes on it, when I calculated our time schedule.

Best regards to your family too.
Markus
Hi,

That's strange, as UK is also Visa exempt, but we still need to send a copy of our passport page with Bio data, you are very lucky not to have had this request in your process.

I would get those flights booked ASAP, they are shooting up in price, lucky we booked ours in Jan.

Good luck with the rest of your plans.

Regards

Andrew
Old Apr 15th 2013, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Congratulations
Thanks a lot Vettemaster
Old Apr 15th 2013, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi,

That's strange, as UK is also Visa exempt, but we still need to send a copy of our passport page with Bio data, you are very lucky not to have had this request in your process.

I would get those flights booked ASAP, they are shooting up in price, lucky we booked ours in Jan.

Good luck with the rest of your plans.

Regards

Andrew
Right, I also do not understand why. Fortunately we booked our also in January, the prices are crazy now. now for you, Vettemaster and the others in line.

Markus
Old Apr 15th 2013, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations Conmar!

for the rest of those still waiting!

(Yup, I think we were the last London PPRs - and we had to send in copies of ALL pages of passport, even though visa exempt. Not a big deal, just added a bit longer to the process. They wanted updated photos too for the COPR docs. )
Old Apr 15th 2013, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

Jaysuper is an unknown quantity at this point

Many congratulations Conmar. We rejoice with you. See you in Winnipeg soon.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 12:27 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jaysuper
Many congratulations Conmar. We rejoice with you. See you in Winnipeg soon.
See you all in Winnipeg
Old Apr 15th 2013, 12:31 pm
Andrew

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Congratulations Conmar!

for the rest of those still waiting!

(Yup, I think we were the last London PPRs - and we had to send in copies of ALL pages of passport, even though visa exempt. Not a big deal, just added a bit longer to the process. They wanted updated photos too for the COPR docs. )
Thanks Kaye,

That's good to know no more PPR for visa exempt countries, makes allot of sense. hopefully that will reduce our processing time and medicals pending that we have our COPR by 07 Aug

Hope all your plans are coming together, lots to think about

Regards

Andrew
Old Apr 15th 2013, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Kaye,

That's good to know no more PPR for visa exempt countries, makes allot of sense. hopefully that will reduce our processing time and medicals pending that we have our COPR by 07 Aug

Hope all your plans are coming together, lots to think about

Regards

Andrew
Sorry, I meant we were the last ones on this thread to receive PPR from London, not that they were stopping sending the request! Ambiguous post!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.