Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Apr 8th 2013, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by family_of_4
We fly 27th June Busy trying to get school/medical records etc.. theres so many things you dont think about!!
Blimey I wasn't going to get school records. Some things are best left behind where my boys are concerned.

We got the immunisation forms completed - and there are lots missing so either they didn't have them done or they have filled in the forms incorrectly, so need to go back and talk through those.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

family_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant future

our immunization records having missing bits too, i will just take the little red books as they seem to be filled in properly. You don't need all the school records, the school said the last 2 yrs reports and a copy of the curriculum they are working too in maths and english. They said it would be helpful to get that info but not essential as they will request the full records once the kids have started. I rang the boys school and heard nothing back, so i then wrote to them 2 weeks ago but not heard anything yet.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by family_of_4
our immunization records having missing bits too, i will just take the little red books as they seem to be filled in properly. You don't need all the school records, the school said the last 2 yrs reports and a copy of the curriculum they are working too in maths and english. They said it would be helpful to get that info but not essential as they will request the full records once the kids have started. I rang the boys school and heard nothing back, so i then wrote to them 2 weeks ago but not heard anything yet.
My red books aren't brilliant - we moved around a lot and I failed to take them in on several occasions when they got immunizations. I'll give the docs a call and ask if they can double check - as worryingly, two of the kids apparently haven't had MMR (when I remember taking them in for it) - or rather they seem to have had only part of it!

I have the kids' reports, so they can have them. I guess it would help if I knew where we would live and which schools they would go to, but we don't yet.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 5:56 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice
Lightbulb Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
OHHHHHHHH Jesus mary and holy god!!!!!!!!! For dear sake what are you waiting for, get the forms and get them off and then off you go to Canada!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!

Congratulations a million times over on getting your meds passed, its totally fantastic news and no grey hair for your other half is totally amazing!!!
Update the copies - and they are only forms for dear sake!!!! Get your police check and hurry up, we have all been waiting for you!!!!!!!
Congratulations again, make sure you post here when you have sent the forms!!! Have you sent for the police check yet, you can do it on computer you know!!! Have you done it yet and have you updated the forms yet???
Are they done yet????????? Do them now and stop posting here until its done!!!
Hi Violets, Nice to see you are still around

Hard to do all this so quickly when I work nights and the other half works day shift, but were working on it and hope to have this all done and sent to London by end of next week (Hopefully)
Old Apr 9th 2013, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Hi Violets, Nice to see you are still around

Hard to do all this so quickly when I work nights and the other half works day shift, but were working on it and hope to have this all done and sent to London by end of next week (Hopefully)
Printers playing up, night shift, day shift, the dog ate the paperwork, the sky turned green and blocked the light, blah blah blah . Im really just kidding about.

I really hope you manage to get them sorted soon . Have you got up to date police checks or just need to sent off for them? You dont want it all to run over the year from medical. Almost there
Old Apr 9th 2013, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Same here!

Well, we booked removals. Haven't yet worked out how we are going to pay for them.

Still having fun trying to rent somewhere (tent idea still there). Have booked our trains to Yorkshire and London and hotels.

Panicking like mad that we won't get jobs. Not wanting to live in Halifax and everyone telling us we are mad, etc etc.

Family all told (I think - probably forgotten someone). Dad keeps forgetting but has now written it down, so we should be safe there.

Tomorrow - change estate agent to one who will market for sale and let our house at the same time.
Wow, sounds fairly similar to me in some ways. We dont have anywhere to rent yet and hoping to find something fairly quick in a place we like when we are there .
Strange the job bit isnt it? You wait a long time getting everything ready and know you have to leave your job and feel fairly positive another one will come along at some point within a few months in Canada however the closer it gets the more you worry about that part. Everyone is telling me I am crazy also, am used to that now and the other half of the people are saying - go go just get on the plane and go, you are so lucky - weird.

I really hope that your dad stays settled here when you are gone and is not too upset after your move. Its great that you will be able to have someone rent and put the house up for sale at the same time. I really hope it sells soon for you.

Good luck with the rest of the moving
Old Apr 9th 2013, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wow, sounds fairly similar to me in some ways. We dont have anywhere to rent yet and hoping to find something fairly quick in a place we like when we are there .
Strange the job bit isnt it? You wait a long time getting everything ready and know you have to leave your job and feel fairly positive another one will come along at some point within a few months in Canada however the closer it gets the more you worry about that part. Everyone is telling me I am crazy also, am used to that now and the other half of the people are saying - go go just get on the plane and go, you are so lucky - weird.

I really hope that your dad stays settled here when you are gone and is not too upset after your move. Its great that you will be able to have someone rent and put the house up for sale at the same time. I really hope it sells soon for you.

Good luck with the rest of the moving
Thanks Violets! Hope all goes well with yours too (don't forget to report back - you're one of the first out, I think).

With Dad it was actually a lot easier than I thought. My OH had already told him (three times) and he'd forgotten. My aunt told him (again) and he said, oh, well next time I'll write it down - so I gave him all the details, he wrote it down and was so cool about it. Thought he'd be really bothered as his ill-health means he can't fly (he would if he could). I hope he really has taken it all in (and doesn't turn up on our doorstep in 6 months, when we have tenants in).
Old Apr 11th 2013, 7:17 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Printers playing up, night shift, day shift, the dog ate the paperwork, the sky turned green and blocked the light, blah blah blah . Im really just kidding about.

I really hope you manage to get them sorted soon . Have you got up to date police checks or just need to sent off for them? You dont want it all to run over the year from medical. Almost there
Hi Violets, I need new police checks. We have taken a chance and ordered the 2 day turnaround Police checks as we want them asap. Only thing is, is that we missed last collection from the post office last night, so they will not go out until this evening

Quite costly the police checks are now

Now for the paperwork??
Old Apr 11th 2013, 7:21 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Exclamation Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Hi All, Just checked E-Cas, and it has now been updated to:

We received your application for permanent residence on February 20, 2012.

We started processing your application on April 23, 2012.

Medical results have been received.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Conmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond repute

Now for the paperwork??
Not done already?
Old Apr 11th 2013, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Conmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All, Just checked E-Cas, and it has now been updated to:

We received your application for permanent residence on February 20, 2012.

We started processing your application on April 23, 2012.

Medical results have been received.
Last but not least...grats, Andrew, finally.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 7:44 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Conmar
Not done already?
Not really much point sending it in until we have the police checks in hand We will send it all together
Old Apr 11th 2013, 7:49 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Would be nice if the house would actually sell
Old Apr 11th 2013, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Not really much point sending it in until we have the police checks in hand We will send it all together
Yeah, but the rest could have been completed already

Just kidding.

Violets, now it is your turn.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Would be nice if the house would actually sell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.