Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Dec 8th 2012, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by FLMeehan
Thanks! how are you finding things? What part of Calgary are you in?
Im doing good. Things are good. First few weeks were a bit bumpy as I was running around getting my bits en bobs sorted (driving licence, SIN card, buying a vehicle, insurance, job hunting etc)
I just got a job at TD bank as a FSR. I have a lot of studying to do as well as learning the day to day banking stuff. But im really enjoying it. Im learning a lot about Canadian banking. If you got any banking questions feel free to ask.

I was living in the SW part of Calgary with my sister and her family but moved to just outside of the city in the NE. Im staying with my sister temporarily till I get a bit more settled.

Im really enjoying it here other than that.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 12:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=780498

Rather worrying. Especially given that we have had mail sent to the wrong address in the past.

I think my resolve to not send them an email is rapidly weakening.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 1:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Kaye5
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=780498

Rather worrying. Especially given that we have had mail sent to the wrong address in the past.

I think my resolve to not send them an email is rapidly weakening.
I know, I read this. If you delete your spam mail, do you have a recycle/delete folder that you may not have emptied? If so, check this. I dont empty that one regularly and can retrieve deleted e mails from it. Might be worth having a look.

Hopefully you have not missed anything yet
Old Dec 13th 2012, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
I know, I read this. If you delete your spam mail, do you have a recycle/delete folder that you may not have emptied? If so, check this. I dont empty that one regularly and can retrieve deleted e mails from it. Might be worth having a look.

Hopefully you have not missed anything yet
Unfortunately, it's not my email - it is my OH's, so I have no control over it.

He is stalking the email, and has the usual address in his safe senders so I like to think he wouldn't miss anything. With the replies received by you and Vettemaster I was going to wait until the new year but not so sure now, given the disastrous consequences if somehow an email has gone astray.

Old Dec 22nd 2012, 6:23 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Hi Violets and all the others on here waiting for their Visa's! I will be busy for the next few days, so I will not be on here much if at all. I would just like to wish you all a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I really hope you all hear something regarding your PR's soon after the New Year. It takes as long as it takes and we will all get there in the end hopefully...
Old Dec 22nd 2012, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Hi Violets and all the others on here waiting for their Visa's! I will be busy for the next few days, so I will not be on here much if at all. I would just like to wish you all a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I really hope you all hear something regarding your PR's soon after the New Year. It takes as long as it takes and we will all get there in the end hopefully...
+1 !!

See you all in 2013!
Old Dec 22nd 2012, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Hi Vettemaster and all, thanks so much. Have a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year also. I hope yourself and all of us get some great news early in the new year also.
Old Dec 30th 2012, 10:24 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Hi Vettemaster and all, thanks so much. Have a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year also. I hope yourself and all of us get some great news early in the new year also.
Hi Violets, I hope you had a very good Christmas. In just over 7 months our Medicals expire I bet your starting to get excited now the end of the process is near We are

Last edited by vettemaster; Dec 30th 2012 at 10:27 pm.
Old Dec 31st 2012, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Violets, I hope you had a very good Christmas. In just over 7 months our Medicals expire I bet your starting to get excited now the end of the process is near We are
Happy New Year, Vettemaster, Violets and anyone else waiting in this queue....!

Don't your meds expire in just over 6 months... (or have I lost the plot, which is very possible). Our meds were the day after yours and expire 9 July. I thought that seemed like a long time, but given that we will need a couple of months to sort ourselves out, suddenly doesn't seem so far away.

We are toying with the idea of just booking one way flights for late May/early June. Anyone else feel like taking a similar gamble before the prices start to go up?!
Old Dec 31st 2012, 5:50 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Don't your meds expire in just over 6 months... (or have I lost the plot, which is very possible). Our meds were the day after yours and expire 9 July. I thought that seemed like a long time, but given that we will need a couple of months to sort ourselves out, suddenly doesn't seem so far away.

We are toying with the idea of just booking one way flights for late May/early June. Anyone else feel like taking a similar gamble before the prices start to go up?!
Hi Kaye5, We had our medical requests on the 27/6/2012 but we did not have our medicals until the 9/7/2012 (the same day as you) Were still just about near the end of December 2012 so by my calculation's we have just over 7 months (Counting January) and that's all

Happy New Year Kaye5 . All the best to you and you family
Old Dec 31st 2012, 5:53 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Just incase I am too intoxicated later tonight after all the scotch and champagne, I wish you all a very Happy New Year. I hope your New Year resolutions come true !
Old Dec 31st 2012, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Vettemaster, I had lovely Christmas thanks and hope you did too. I had to work both christmas eve and day but not for too many hours christmas day but had lovely time at home!!!

Ohhhhhhh my medical expires in May - only five months but Im looking on the bright side and telling the new year elves to bring it to me early...Im sure all the little fairies and leprechauns are listening - no, Im not drunk yet, but midnight is coming soon - YEAH!!!!!

Happy New Year!!!
Old Dec 31st 2012, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks so much, Happy New Year Kaye . One way flights are more expensive than return you know , dont know if I will book prior or not, will wait a wee while and decide
Old Jan 1st 2013, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks so much, Happy New Year Kaye . One way flights are more expensive than return you know , dont know if I will book prior or not, will wait a wee while and decide
I've got an alert set up with SkyScanner. Just had one through to say prices are already going up for the dates we are looking at in May/June.

Oh, yes, the price of one-way is extortionate. We are desperate to keep the cost down given our reducing pot of settlement funds (and house still not sold). As we're not planning on leaping on the plane yet, we may just book and risk it.

Old Jan 1st 2013, 1:34 am
B.E.Enthusiast

I've got an alert set up with SkyScanner. Just had one through to say prices are already going up for the dates we are looking at in May/June.

Oh, yes, the price of one-way is extortionate. We are desperate to keep the cost down given our reducing pot of settlement funds (and house still not sold). As we're not planning on leaping on the plane yet, we may just book and risk it.

Hi Kaye5, Skyscanner is one of the ones I regularly use. Prices do seem to jump up the closer we get ;(

We are in the same boat as you with regards to keeping flight costs down. ( Our House is still for sale too! 1 year later )

We wish you good luck for the rest of 2013

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.