Wikiposts

CPC Mississauga

Old Oct 2nd 2007, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

ChelseaUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

Thanks Everyone

I'll tell you how it goes...should be a fun (but long) day...

Oooh an email update sure would be nice - stop me from checking everyday, couple times a day
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future

K, so I contacted the people on the other site to find out about the e-mail update...as soon as I hear how we do it, I'll let you know!

Jeff, do you think that your application my get approved faster because you were on a Visa for the past year so they should already have done some sort of background check on you?

Here's a question for ya! We've all wondered if we would definitely be approved...my biggest worry is that there is an age difference between me and Robert; 13 years difference. Do you think this could hinder our application? When people see us together, they never know there is an age gap, because I look older than I am (does that mean I look haggard?! lol) and Robert looks much younger, so people are always quite shocked to know our ages...lol Do you think they will take this in to consideration? We have been together for 4 years and have lots of evidence of our relationship, but this is something that has been playing on my mind. Would something so stupid mess this up for us? Gulp!
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 7:58 am
Account Closed

annabella is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ChelseaUK
Thank you, Annabella.

Do you know when you'll be applying or are you planning to wait a bit?

Keep in touch and let us know how things go for you, whatever you plan to do.
We are applying when I return from a trip to Europe in November at which point I have to have medical. Got all the other gubbins. I'll go in-land. Told you I think that when I read through the sponsorship stuff on CIC site it clearly states that if you are both (i.e. sponsor and sponsored) resident together in Canada then Vegreville is the way to go.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Jeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Giggles2080
K, so I contacted the people on the other site to find out about the e-mail update...as soon as I hear how we do it, I'll let you know!

Jeff, do you think that your application my get approved faster because you were on a Visa for the past year so they should already have done some sort of background check on you?

Here's a question for ya! We've all wondered if we would definitely be approved...my biggest worry is that there is an age difference between me and Robert; 13 years difference. Do you think this could hinder our application? When people see us together, they never know there is an age gap, because I look older than I am (does that mean I look haggard?! lol) and Robert looks much younger, so people are always quite shocked to know our ages...lol Do you think they will take this in to consideration? We have been together for 4 years and have lots of evidence of our relationship, but this is something that has been playing on my mind. Would something so stupid mess this up for us? Gulp!
E-mail update will be awesome!!

You know that's something worth thinking about!!I must have gone through a security and background check when I was granted my Bunac visa!!Ooohh...gives me a bit of confidence!!

I'm 100% there will be no questions raised about the age gap!!Geez if you are in love, and you can document that you've been residing together for 12 months then you've got absolutely nothing to worry about Kate!!Do a search on here, i'm pretty sure I read a thread about someone's concern about an age gap!!
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future

I'm too afraid to look for another thread, just incase I see something negative! lol

I know I'm worrying over something silly, but you never know! I had to ask your opinion! lol

You know, I have a feeling that I may be right about your case, though...why would they need to go through all the background checks again when it was done so recently!!!! I have my fingers crossed for you!!

I'm still at 'work'...I call it work, but I don't get paid! lol It would be nice to start off 2008 on the books...lol I guess I should really say 'volunteer work'...are you still bored at home, Jeff? I'm working late tonight, waiting for Robert to finish with a client and then we're going out for dinner!! I'm starving!!!!

Last edited by Giggles2080; Oct 2nd 2007 at 9:24 am.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Jeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant future

I'm too afraid to look for another for another thread, just incase I see something negative! lol

I know I'm worrying over something silly, but you never know! I had to ask your opinion! lol

You know, I have a feeling that I may be right about your case, though...why would they need to go through all the background checks again when it was done so recently!!!! I have my fingers crossed for you!!

I'm still at 'work'...I call it work, but I don't get paid! lol It would be nice to start off 2008 on the books...lol I guess I should really say 'volunteer work'...are you still bored at home, Jeff? I'm working late tonight, waiting for Robert to finish with a client and then we're going out for dinner!! I'm starving!!!!
Yeah it makes sense...so if they've already done one...then I might be getting the all clear within a month or so!

Yep, i'm incredibly bored at home!!Just waiting for Caroline to come home!

You ever been to the Peel Pub in Dwtn Mon? I went there a couple of times when I visited!!Dirt cheap food!!! But I heard some bad things about it afterwards!!!

Yeah I hear ya...I NEED to be working!!Can't wait to be a 'Landed Immigrant' and I can start bringing the bacon home!!!
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Nope, never been to the Peel Pub, but have been to The Old Dublin and Sir Winston Churchill!! Sir Winston Churchill is definitely one to go to if you ever come back here!!

What kind of work were you doing? Office?
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Nope, never been to the Peel Pub, but have been to The Old Dublin and Sir Winston Churchill!! Sir Winston Churchill is definitely one to go to if you ever come back here!!

What kind of work were you doing? Office?
Yeah...basic run of the mill admin job at the Corporate Office for Fairmont Hotels...They've got the Queen Elizabeth in Mon. - they also own Delta too. So I was working for a truly global company...hopefully it'll look good on my resume.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeffinthecity
Yeah...basic run of the mill admin job at the Corporate Office for Fairmont Hotels...They've got the Queen Elizabeth in Mon. - they also own Delta too. So I was working for a truly global company...hopefully it'll look good on my resume.
What would you like to do when you can work again? Same, or something completely different? lol I think I would like to have my own business!

Oh! I think that experience would look great of your CV!!
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

What would you like to do when you can work again? Same, or something completely different? lol I think I would like to have my own business!

Oh! I think that experience would look great of your CV!!
I really don't know!!I studied Sociology and Criminal Justice at Uni, I wanted to get into Criminal Justice side of things...

But I really don't know what I want to do...i'm extremely passionate about football and had applied for a job at Toronto FC but heard nothing!!Perhaps i'll give it a shot when I get my residency!!

Yeah I'd like to own my business one day...i'd also love to own a bar/club!I used to Dj quite alot back in the UK - gonna try and get back into it here!!

Have you ever been to System? I liked that place!!It's across from a British Pub!
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeffinthecity
I really don't know!!I studied Sociology and Criminal Justice at Uni, I wanted to get into Criminal Justice side of things...

But I really don't know what I want to do...i'm extremely passionate about football and had applied for a job at Toronto FC but heard nothing!!Perhaps i'll give it a shot when I get my residency!!

Yeah I'd like to own my business one day...i'd also love to own a bar/club!I used to Dj quite alot back in the UK - gonna try and get back into it here!!

Have you ever been to System? I liked that place!!It's across from a British Pub!
hahahaha, Nope, never been to System...I don't even know what it is!! lol I'm guessing a club?! I use to go out all the time back in England, I would drink a BUTT LOAD a still be standing at the end of the night!! lol Since I came here and have not had my friends around, I don't go out drinking at all...I can pretty much say I don't drink!! lol When I do drink, I can barely get down a glass of wine and when I do...I feel drunk!!! LOL So, sad!!

Getting a Job at Toronto FC would be great...you would think that would be excited about you applying, being British and all!!

There are so many different things I would like to do...my own business though would be fab!! I would like it to revolve around food and cooking. I even thought of opening a Traditional British Tea Room...traditional but modern at the same time. I want to have all ages to enjoy!! What do you think? lol
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Criminal Justice would be really interesting!!
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

ChelseaUK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Kate....

Totally dont let the age gap thing worry you. I'm sure London arent concerned about how much age difference there is between you and Robert...they're more focussed on if you're relationship is genuine, how long you've been together, that you're in love, etc etc ...and a difference in age should have nothing to do with all that stuff.

Dont worry yourself sick...celebrate the fact we've all got this far...and are near on completion (I'm thinking positive here, girly!)
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 3:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks, Chelsea! I know I'm being silly, but lately I have been panicking about everything! I think the whole not sending in my Police Checks did it! I'm not usually like this - all stressed out!! I can't wait for this to be over!! To top it all off, I had a nightmare last night that my application was denied!! I was awake from 3am...so, today I am pooped!! Major bags under the eyes!!!

How was work yesterday?
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, Chelsea! I know I'm being silly, but lately I have been panicking about everything! I think the whole not sending in my Police Checks did it! I'm not usually like this - all stressed out!! I can't wait for this to be over!! To top it all off, I had a nightmare last night that my application was denied!! I was awake from 3am...so, today I am pooped!! Major bags under the eyes!!!

How was work yesterday?
I get those nightmares all the time!!

Can't wait for this to be over!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.