CPC Mississauga

Old Sep 21st 2007, 1:43 pm
  #46  
BE Enthusiast
 
Giggles2080's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal, Quebec.
Posts: 502
Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

Originally Posted by ChelseaUK
Hey everyone - quick question - you may know or you may not...thought I'd ask...heh

We still have to pay the PR fee which we could have done when we sent off our application but decided not too. Probably not a good idea thinking about it now as it's going to put a delay on everything if we have to wait for them to ask us...

So.... would we be able to pay online, print out our receipt and send it along with my client ID (Im guessing it would go to London...?! although not 100% sure...) or have we 'missed the boat' so to speak and now have to wait until London asks us for it.

I dont want any delays
Don't worry yourself about it, chelsea! I'm sure that you could pay the fees online anytime, it will be logged in the system as you paying it. Sending a copy of the receipt to London wouldn't hurt though! Just put your client ID # on the front of the envelope so they see! Also...when we all have to go for our landing interview in London, I think that you can pay once you are there. I've read a lot of different postings over the past few months to try and understand all this better and I have read on more than one occasion of people paying their fees when they are at their landing interview! Hey! Wouldn't it be weird if we all had our landing interviews at the same time, considering all our timelines are very similar!!

Last edited by Giggles2080; Sep 21st 2007 at 1:54 pm.
Giggles2080 is offline  
Old Sep 21st 2007, 1:54 pm
  #47  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
ChelseaUK's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 102
ChelseaUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

I know, I shouldn't be stressing myself silly...but you can't help it when its something so important. *breathes deep and calms down*

Wouldn't that be brilliant if we all had our interviews the same day. We'd definitely have to go for drinks to celebrate afterwards!!
ChelseaUK is offline  
Old Sep 21st 2007, 1:56 pm
  #48  
BE Enthusiast
 
Giggles2080's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal, Quebec.
Posts: 502
Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

Originally Posted by ChelseaUK
I know, I shouldn't be stressing myself silly...but you can't help it when its something so important. *breathes deep and calms down*

Wouldn't that be brilliant if we all had our interviews the same day. We'd definitely have to go for drinks to celebrate afterwards!!
Sounds like a plan to me! Make mine a double!
Giggles2080 is offline  
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 12:09 am
  #49  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 199
Jeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant future
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

Originally Posted by Giggles2080
Sounds like a plan to me! Make mine a double!
Hey guys...

Yeah i've already applied for the change in status visa...altho I sent it in a little late!Was supposed to be 30 days before visa expires...meh!!!

Oh god, I hope I don't get called for an interview!!It's not definite that we will all have to go...apparently they only call interviews if they are extremely unsure if the relationship in question is legitimate!!But if we are all in London at the same time...might as well hit the boozer!! But seriously hope i'm not...I won't be able to afford the bleeding airfare back!!

Check the post box last night...still no bloody AOR!!Grrr...
Jeffinthecity is offline  
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 12:11 am
  #50  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 199
Jeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant future
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

Originally Posted by ChelseaUK
I know, I shouldn't be stressing myself silly...but you can't help it when its something so important. *breathes deep and calms down*

Wouldn't that be brilliant if we all had our interviews the same day. We'd definitely have to go for drinks to celebrate afterwards!!
Oh Chels,

my friend here, Jade (BritishVixen) who I had the pleasure of working with at my office here in Toronto told me about sending additional info and payments...she said that you should wait to get your AOR back from London - because the application won't be processed under your name - like MISS. - so if you send it on now with your client id...they won't have the foggiest!!Wait til you get your partners id number then forward it on!!

Right...off down the pub to watch the Arsenal!!!
Jeffinthecity is offline  
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 1:47 am
  #51  
BE Enthusiast
 
Giggles2080's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal, Quebec.
Posts: 502
Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

Great news about extending the visa, Jeff! You have like 90 days after it has expired to extend it!!

Ooohhhh, so the client ID # that we get with the AOR from Mississauga is our spouse's #...that's why I have to fill in his details on ecas...makes sense now! Cheers for the info, Jeff!! So, when I do get the police certificate back, what if I don't have AOR from London, what do I put on the envelope?!

You know that I was saying we all have to go to London for our Landing Interview...does anyone know if this is for sure?! I was just under the impression that we have to, but it would be a pain in the arse to have to fly out to the UK, especially if it is around Christmas that we get PR...talk about expensive!
Giggles2080 is offline  
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 4:07 am
  #52  
BE Enthusiast
 
Giggles2080's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal, Quebec.
Posts: 502
Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

Good news! I went onto another forum 'Road To Canada' and one of the senior members cleared this up for me...whether or not we would have to go back to the UK to do a landing interview. This is what he said...

"Outland applicants do not have a landing interview to attend in their home country. Their landing process is done at the first port of entry (ie. airport, US-Can. border crossing) when they enter Canada.

So if you are currently in Canada as a visitor, and you get your PR visa stamped in your passport, you don't necessarily have to go back to the UK. You could drive down to the nearest US-Can border crossing, leave Canada, turn around then re-enter to do your formal landing as a permanent resident. This is what they commonly referred to as "flagpoling". Once you re-enter, you will be a permanent resident of Canada."


Brilliant! Good news for me, is that we only live 20 mins away from the border!!
Giggles2080 is offline  
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 6:42 am
  #53  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 199
Jeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant future
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

Originally Posted by Giggles2080
Good news! I went onto another forum 'Road To Canada' and one of the senior members cleared this up for me...whether or not we would have to go back to the UK to do a landing interview. This is what he said...

"Outland applicants do not have a landing interview to attend in their home country. Their landing process is done at the first port of entry (ie. airport, US-Can. border crossing) when they enter Canada.

So if you are currently in Canada as a visitor, and you get your PR visa stamped in your passport, you don't necessarily have to go back to the UK. You could drive down to the nearest US-Can border crossing, leave Canada, turn around then re-enter to do your formal landing as a permanent resident. This is what they commonly referred to as "flagpoling". Once you re-enter, you will be a permanent resident of Canada."


Brilliant! Good news for me, is that we only live 20 mins away from the border!!
Oh yeah...we've planned to go shopping in Buffalo for the day then come back and land...

I thought you guys were talking about the immigration interviews...for them to eradicate all doubts over the vailidity of our relationships.

I'd wait until you have the AOR from London before sending your police cert. off - they take 40 days anyways, so you'll have the AOR before you send off the certs. I'm sure one of the experts can clear this up, i'm just going on the info passed on to me.

So you guys reckon we'll got our PPR's around Christmas time eh? That would make me the happiest man in the world...i'd be made up!
Jeffinthecity is offline  
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 8:06 am
  #54  
BE Enthusiast
 
Giggles2080's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal, Quebec.
Posts: 502
Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

Originally Posted by Jeffinthecity
Oh yeah...we've planned to go shopping in Buffalo for the day then come back and land...

I thought you guys were talking about the immigration interviews...for them to eradicate all doubts over the vailidity of our relationships.

I'd wait until you have the AOR from London before sending your police cert. off - they take 40 days anyways, so you'll have the AOR before you send off the certs. I'm sure one of the experts can clear this up, i'm just going on the info passed on to me.

So you guys reckon we'll got our PPR's around Christmas time eh? That would make me the happiest man in the world...i'd be made up!
According to the timelines I have read for London, we should definately have our PPR by then!!!!! That would be fab wouldn't it?!!
Giggles2080 is offline  
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 11:13 pm
  #55  
Forum Regular
 
Thunderchicken's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Shropshire
Posts: 91
Thunderchicken has a brilliant futureThunderchicken has a brilliant futureThunderchicken has a brilliant futureThunderchicken has a brilliant futureThunderchicken has a brilliant futureThunderchicken has a brilliant future
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

Hi all,

Haven't been around for the last week but good to see things are moving along swimmingly for you all.

OH has been in Ontario for the last week on a recce which turned out very successfull. Just over 7 weeks until we arrive in Canada and get that application in for the sponsorship. We're pretty much good to go with the paperwork. OH has his medical lined up for the end of October, police and army checks have been requested. All being well they'll arrive back in time and will be enclosed with the application, we'll pay the fees up front too so all we have to do after that is sit back and wait...... and sweat..... and panic..... and worry..... and probably drink more that we should .

Mandi. x
Thunderchicken is offline  
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 12:27 am
  #56  
BE Enthusiast
 
Giggles2080's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal, Quebec.
Posts: 502
Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

Originally Posted by Thunderchicken
Hi all,

Haven't been around for the last week but good to see things are moving along swimmingly for you all.

OH has been in Ontario for the last week on a recce which turned out very successfull. Just over 7 weeks until we arrive in Canada and get that application in for the sponsorship. We're pretty much good to go with the paperwork. OH has his medical lined up for the end of October, police and army checks have been requested. All being well they'll arrive back in time and will be enclosed with the application, we'll pay the fees up front too so all we have to do after that is sit back and wait...... and sweat..... and panic..... and worry..... and probably drink more that we should .

Mandi. x

You know what's funny? Personally for me, the panicking, sweating, headaches, throwing up, stressing, nervous breakdowns etc. etc...were all before sending in the application! Right now, I'm at the 'excitment' stage! lol Even though I still need to get the police checks, everything else is a-OK!! I'm just excited to know it should be all over with in a few months!! You'll be fine Mandi!! Before you know it, it will be over with!!!
Giggles2080 is offline  
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 3:57 am
  #57  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 199
Jeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant future
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

Originally Posted by Giggles2080
According to the timelines I have read for London, we should definately have our PPR by then!!!!! That would be fab wouldn't it?!!
Where are these timelines?! Ahhh, i'd be over the bloody moon if I had my PPR by then!!
Jeffinthecity is offline  
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 6:05 am
  #58  
BE Enthusiast
 
Giggles2080's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal, Quebec.
Posts: 502
Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

We can post our Timelines on this website: http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immig.../family-class/

I was told about this site a while back, but only now remembering about it! There are pages of timelines on here...for both in-land & out-land!

Thought you guys might like to know!
Giggles2080 is offline  
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 10:17 am
  #59  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
ChelseaUK's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 102
ChelseaUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

I totally agree with you, Giggles2080...

I think the most stressful part is actually putting together the application and making sure you have filled out everything, crossed all your t's, dotted all your i's and not left a blank spot on the forms. Just getting all evidence together is enough to make you want to pull your hair out...but the best feeling is when you send off your application you have worked so hard on and took so long to put together...and see it off - and then it shows up on CIC website as 'approved'. I know we all have past the first hurdle and now its off to London (or already there...) and what a good feeling that is. Now we just have to wait....again.

Cheers for the timelines.
ChelseaUK is offline  
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 12:20 pm
  #60  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 199
Jeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant future
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

Originally Posted by ChelseaUK
I totally agree with you, Giggles2080...

I think the most stressful part is actually putting together the application and making sure you have filled out everything, crossed all your t's, dotted all your i's and not left a blank spot on the forms. Just getting all evidence together is enough to make you want to pull your hair out...but the best feeling is when you send off your application you have worked so hard on and took so long to put together...and see it off - and then it shows up on CIC website as 'approved'. I know we all have past the first hurdle and now its off to London (or already there...) and what a good feeling that is. Now we just have to wait....again.

Cheers for the timelines.
Yep, putting the whole thing together was an absolute nightmare!!All the spare forms and documents lying around with scribbles on drove me insane!!

So giggles, i'm looking at trackitt...nifty site!Thanks!!

I'd cry if I received my PPR before christmas...infact i'd love it before we go to Vancouver in Nov. then I can go and land over there!!

But i'm getting ahead of myself! :-(
Jeffinthecity is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.