CPC Mississauga

Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:20 am
  #76  
BE Enthusiast
 
Giggles2080's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal, Quebec.
Posts: 502
Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

Originally Posted by ChelseaUK
Thank you, Giggles2080...me too!

Yeah, he had to stay as he's waiting the sale of his flat. He's got an offer but its taking a while to finish everything up. So he's waiting on that, plus he has to give a month's notice at work but doesnt want to do that until he gets the sale of his flat completed....just incase! Gah. He'll definitely be here by Christmas, but he's hoping sooner.

What do I miss most about England? Well, apart from my hunnie...Hmmm clotted cream and scones...yum! Proper fish n chips, Mr. Whippy ice-cream...ha ha. Heat magazine (sad, I know!!) curry, trips to London and shopping.

What about you?

Hmmm, I do have to say I miss good ol' Fish 'n' Chips! lol I miss Twiglets, I know, I know - most people think they're gross! I love them! Lucky for me, there is a shop in Montreal that sells all British foods, it's a tad expensive but when you miss certain foods, it's a fab place to go! I miss the pasties from Sayers too....lol
Giggles2080 is offline  
Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:36 am
  #77  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
ChelseaUK's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 102
ChelseaUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

oh yeah, cheese and onion pasties....yum-me!
ChelseaUK is offline  
Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:36 am
  #78  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 199
Jeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant future
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

Originally Posted by ChelseaUK
Thank you, Giggles2080...me too!

Yeah, he had to stay as he's waiting the sale of his flat. He's got an offer but its taking a while to finish everything up. So he's waiting on that, plus he has to give a month's notice at work but doesnt want to do that until he gets the sale of his flat completed....just incase! Gah. He'll definitely be here by Christmas, but he's hoping sooner.

What do I miss most about England? Well, apart from my hunnie...Hmmm clotted cream and scones...yum! Proper fish n chips, Mr. Whippy ice-cream...ha ha. Heat magazine (sad, I know!!) curry, trips to London and shopping.

What about you?
Nice meeting both of you guys too!!

Yeah we're just going to Van for 10 days to attend Caroline's family reunion. It should be awesome!!

Ah Chels, I really miss fish and chips and Caroline is always asking for people to bring the UK mags when they come out!!

Kate, I can imagine that i'm going to be the same next year when we go back for a holiday...i'll be itching to get back to TO...Caroline on the other hand probably won't!! It'll be tough to tear her away from Primark!

But so far so good, no homesickness and we've had friends and family come and visit...my dad is here in two weeks and i'm stoked!Can't wait!!

I do miss watching football at a 'normal time' tho..pain in the ass when you're working during the week and your team play an evening game back home!!But of course, it's not an issue at the moment as i'm a bum!
Jeffinthecity is offline  
Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:38 am
  #79  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
ChelseaUK's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 102
ChelseaUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

heh, you can always wake up at 4am to watch the game local.....
ChelseaUK is offline  
Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:45 am
  #80  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 199
Jeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant future
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

Originally Posted by ChelseaUK
heh, you can always wake up at 4am to watch the game local.....
I wouldn't even get up at 4am if our building was burning down!!!
Jeffinthecity is offline  
Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:46 am
  #81  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
ChelseaUK's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 102
ChelseaUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

ha ha, i dont blame you...

surely there are some pubs in toronto that air games? although its not the same...
ChelseaUK is offline  
Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:49 am
  #82  
BE Enthusiast
 
Giggles2080's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal, Quebec.
Posts: 502
Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

Originally Posted by Jeffinthecity
Nice meeting both of you guys too!!

Yeah we're just going to Van for 10 days to attend Caroline's family reunion. It should be awesome!!

Ah Chels, I really miss fish and chips and Caroline is always asking for people to bring the UK mags when they come out!!

Kate, I can imagine that i'm going to be the same next year when we go back for a holiday...i'll be itching to get back to TO...Caroline on the other hand probably won't!! It'll be tough to tear her away from Primark!

But so far so good, no homesickness and we've had friends and family come and visit...my dad is here in two weeks and i'm stoked!Can't wait!!

I do miss watching football at a 'normal time' tho..pain in the ass when you're working during the week and your team play an evening game back home!!But of course, it's not an issue at the moment as i'm a bum!
Primark is wonderful! I only discovered this shop when I went home - lots of bargins!

Now I'm in the mood for a cheese and onion pastie...
Giggles2080 is offline  
Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:50 am
  #83  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
ChelseaUK's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 102
ChelseaUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

i dont think i went to primark...at least the name doesnt ring any bells.

yeah, me too. i should get scott to send us some out...ha ha
ChelseaUK is offline  
Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:50 am
  #84  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 199
Jeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant future
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

Originally Posted by ChelseaUK
ha ha, i dont blame you...

surely there are some pubs in toronto that air games? although its not the same...
Oh yeah there's a cool place called Scallywags....

We normally watch the game in our theatre room here in our building, or if we're lucky, the game is on Sportsnet...

It's just not the same watching the game at 10am or 11am...but it's a sacrifice I have made...everything else is mint and I have absolutely no regrets!!!

So you and your boyf going to shack up in Downtown Van?Caroline's sister lives in Yaletown...I love it down there!!Really nice!!
Jeffinthecity is offline  
Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:52 am
  #85  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 199
Jeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant future
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

Originally Posted by Jeffinthecity
Oh yeah there's a cool place called Scallywags....

We normally watch the game in our theatre room here in our building, or if we're lucky, the game is on Sportsnet...

It's just not the same watching the game at 10am or 11am...but it's a sacrifice I have made...everything else is mint and I have absolutely no regrets!!!

So you and your boyf going to shack up in Downtown Van?Caroline's sister lives in Yaletown...I love it down there!!Really nice!!
Funnily enough...I was sat at home yesterday watching the footy and I swear I could smell pasties...i'll be all over one of them when we return next year!!Might get my dad to bring out a couple!!

We've got Marmite and Bisto gravy granules - thanks to Caroline's mum!!
Jeffinthecity is offline  
Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:53 am
  #86  
BE Enthusiast
 
Giggles2080's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal, Quebec.
Posts: 502
Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

Originally Posted by ChelseaUK
i dont think i went to primark...at least the name doesnt ring any bells.

yeah, me too. i should get scott to send us some out...ha ha
Mmmmmm, I'm drooling at the mouth! (Homer Simpson style! ha!)
Giggles2080 is offline  
Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:54 am
  #87  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
ChelseaUK's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 102
ChelseaUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

Yaletown is lovely - lots of cool restaurants and shops.

Yeah, we're looking to live downtown for at least a year. Scott really likes the idea of being downtown and having everything near us...so that's cool - although the cost of living down there isnt...ha ha.
ChelseaUK is offline  
Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:55 am
  #88  
BE Enthusiast
 
Giggles2080's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal, Quebec.
Posts: 502
Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

Originally Posted by Jeffinthecity
Funnily enough...I was sat at home yesterday watching the footy and I swear I could smell pasties...i'll be all over one of them when we return next year!!Might get my dad to bring out a couple!!

We've got Marmite and Bisto gravy granules - thanks to Caroline's mum!!
You know there are two cool shops in Niagara-on-the-lake....One british shop that sells all great brit junk foods and more, and there is a bakery that sells pasties...I was in heaven when we went there last year!!
Giggles2080 is offline  
Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:57 am
  #89  
BE Enthusiast
 
Giggles2080's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal, Quebec.
Posts: 502
Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

I'd love to go to Vancouver! My lovely boyfriend (Robert) wants to go in 2010...winter olympics!
Giggles2080 is offline  
Old Sep 24th 2007, 7:02 am
  #90  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
ChelseaUK's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 102
ChelseaUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

i love the sweet shops that sell british candy...although its so so expensive.

giggles2080: winter olympics? oooer that would be cool. price of tickets are going to be insane i imagine... :S my mom wants to go and check out the figure skating...ha ha
ChelseaUK is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.