CPC Mississauga

Old May 7th 2008, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud of
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

cara got her passport back the other day. she went and landed at Roosville BC border crossing. (nearly didnt when the jobs worth CBSA officer said they couldnt do landings at that port, until we showed them the letter that came with the visa saying ANY border crossing)

so its all over, and she is now in work...

glad we wont have to ever need to use the bunch of incompetents that are CIC again... dont trust them one bit. we got an email saying they had sent the passport back via registered mail on the 23rd april. the post shows it was sent on the 25th!!

good luck to you all who are still waiting...
Old May 8th 2008, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future

Congratulations, Kittykerr! Glad it's all over for you guys!

Joystens: yeah, think my passport might come back the end of this week - beginning of next! (I hope anyway!) never know with the post! LOL If the envelope they send back has a few documents in it, could take longer...when they sent for more info; that envelope had a few things in and took 3 1/2 weeks to get here... Well see soon enough!!!

Last edited by Giggles2080; May 8th 2008 at 7:01 am.
Old May 12th 2008, 2:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future
Cool Re: CPC Mississauga

Hiya guys!

How are you all today? I didn't get my passport back last week, so now hoping for this week! Bob is working from home today and I am holding the fort at work for him! You know what I can't wait for? Is to get on the pay roll! LOL All the volunteer work I do is insane...wouldn't do it for anyone but Bob, I help him and it's helps us in the long run; so it's all good!! I've called him 3 times already asking if the post has been...knowing full well it only comes mid afternoon! tee-hee

I'm impatient, what can I say?! Did everyone have a good weekend?
Old May 12th 2008, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

joystens is on a distinguished road

Oh the waiting game !!

Yours should be coming the next few days hopefully. Very exciting times. They had a bank holiday over there last monday so maybe i'll bet in vegas Wed or Thursday. Depending on how quickly registered mail can make it across the ocean.

Debbie is hoping to land on Thursday the 29th of May, and Ive already booked it off work, so hopefully the flight doesn't sell out or CHC doesn't send out the passport in time. Im hoping next monday or tuesday would be nice. Her birthday is next wed, so that would be a good present from the government.

Ohh the joys of waiting.
Old May 20th 2008, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

Any news Kate???

I was thinking ur passport would be coming around this week if it takes around the 10+ days to get over to Canada like it did for kittykerr, although you said it once took 3.5 weeks for you to get something large back from them. Must be crazy waiting, I know for us we are waiting to try and book a flight for the 29th, so sooner than later would be better. Nothing like getting it on the 28th and walking on the plane for the 29th.

Here is a question, she is planning on taking the Zoom flight from Glasgow to Vancouver, via Calgary. does everyone have to get off the plane in Calgary and clear customs? or do those going on to Vancouver just stay on the plane and she can land in Vancouver and not miss the rest of her flight if they make her land in Calgary. Im pretty sure they just stay on the plane, but not 100%
anybody done that flight recently?
Old May 20th 2008, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Hey joystens!

Nope no news yet, I thought I may have got my passport back late last week but still waiting! I'm kinda anxious to get home and check the mail! LOL The closest it gets to June 11th (or was it the 12th?!) the more I'm panicking! I have until that date to land!!! You may have news before me since it's going from London to Glasgow for you guys! LOL I hope it comes before the 29th for her though, you both must be freaking out now...it's just 9 days away!!!

I'm not really sure about the question you asked. I've never got a connecting flight in Canada...only the US. From my experience you usually get off the flight but I'm not a 100% sure for your girlfriend (or is she your wife? Sorry I forget!) Try putting a separate posting on here!

Will let you know as soon as I have any news! Hope you're having a good day!
Old May 20th 2008, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

YAY! Just got home and there was a notice in our mail box saying that there is a letter at the post office for me that needs to be signed for!! Yippee!! I can't go and pick it up now as it says it will only be available from 1:00pm onwards tomorrow!! At least I know my passport is safe at the post office!!

SO HAPPY!!
Old May 20th 2008, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

YESSSS

I knew it would be soon !! Congrats. Could you tell me the day it was dated, just so I can figure out when Deb should start getting excited. I can't wait to just book this flight and that be it.
I called Zoom and they said she just stays on the airplane, only the people getting off in Calgary get off. The guy said its different going into the states, where everyone has to get off at the first point of entry.
Old May 23rd 2008, 2:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Hey Joystens! OK, I have my passport back! Picked it up yesterday! I have a snazzy shiny visa on page 23!! They sent out the envelope on Tuesday May 13th, 2008 so it took exactly one week to get here as we got the note from the postie on Tuesday May 20th, 2008! Not bad! Just so happy it's back, on Saturday (tomorrow) we're going to head down to Vermont for the day then land on our way back! It's a long weekend in the US this weekend, so we're prepared for a long wait if there is one! LOL Can you believe I'm bit nervous?!

Glad to hear that Deb gets to just stay on the plane and doesn't have to change! I really hope she gets her passport back...she much be chewing her nails now waiting for it to show!!!! I have my fingers crossed!!! Let us know when it appears!!! Will let you know how my landing experience goes...gulp!

Kate
Old May 23rd 2008, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

Congrats on everything going smoothly. 1 week is excellent to get across the Atlantic. I hope the landing goes smoothly, I guess we are the last two on this thread, . Debbie still didn't receive anything today, they do get post tomorrow, if not its going to have to be Tuesday cause they have a holiday over there on Monday. If not Tuesday, than wed, or else she will have to wait until Sunday to fly over. Like come on CIC, we were 6 days behind you. Yah, so still stress on our side. Can't wait for this to be over.
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Don't worry, it'll all work out well and come in time, I'm sure! Well, I just listened to our phone messages and there was a message there from "Cole" from Citizenship & Immigration...hmmm...he didn't say what he is calling about; he just said that he will call back...damn it! Now what should I do? Should I wait until I hear back from him before I land? I wonder if this could be about me applying a couple of months ago to extend my stay here? I applied about a month after my 6 months were up, but as long as you apply within 90 days of the end of the 6 months it's OK. I had to pay a bit extra to reinstate my status but I have never never never heard back from them...I wonder? Should I be worried or just go ahead with landing tomorrow? Arggh...the stress never ends with this!!!
Old May 23rd 2008, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

I'd just go ahead and land. I don't see them saying no at the border, its in your passport now. They might ask you the question they need to ask you there if its in the computer, but probably not. When Cole calls back, just be like, the extension is no longer necessary, Im a PR now.
Old May 23rd 2008, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice

great news kate!
hope the landing goes ok for you too!

ps - wonder if they always stick the visa on page 23 (if it's available!!) that's where OH's is too!
Old May 24th 2008, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

Got the call at 3am my time, passport arrived back safely in Glasgow this morning. So flights are all booked for Thursday and that is that. Very happy. Hope everybody has a good summer, and any landings coming up, good lucl
Old May 24th 2008, 6:13 am
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice

yaay joystens!

have a great flight and hope everything goes smoothly for you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.