Wikiposts

CPC Mississauga

Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

Cheers, Chelsea! Yeah, the paperwork that they sent was already in the application. It's just that Quebec like to do things different (I'm sure you already know this!) Don't get me wrong, I love it here, but they already act like they are separated from the rest of Canada! There was a part in the original application that said if you reside in Quebec you do not have to fill this part in...it will be sent to you instead. You have already filled it in, but we get sent it and have to pay an extra $250...it has to be done, I guess! Whatever!

When do Scott's Meds expire? Remember, they may not request new ones! Any news on the flat? Any closer to selling? How is work going? Sorry for firing questions at you!

I have HIGH HOPES for November!
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

ChelseaUK is an unknown quantity at this point

Scott took his medicals (I believe) December 12th of last year...but then had to go in for more blood work a month or so later...and all that they were finally sent off March 14th. So not sure if they view dates from the first set of medicals taken or when everything is finished. Enough to cause a headache tho! Not to mention put a dent in the wallet... :S

As for the sale of the flat, his solicitors have requested the lease, which he has tracked down from the leaseholders. The buyers solicitors are also antsy to get it as well, so not sure if Scott's solicitors photocopy one for themselves and send it off to the buyers....its all a bit confusing. They should receive that by Tues (tomorrow) so hopefully once they get that we'll be able to get a date for when everything should be complete...and Scott can hand in his months work notice and finally sort out coming here!

How's things going for you at the moment, apart from stressing about CHC stuff? heh.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future

That does sound a bit confusing! Oh well, at least it's going in the direction you both want it to! That's fantastic, you must both be excited that you'll be together soon!! Good for you guys!!

As for me, things are good! I can't complain! lol I've realised I have become really relaxed and clam about this whole immigration process! At the beginning I was a total stress bucket, but now, I see no point in freaking out about it! It will happen when it happens! But the sooner it does the better! lol I love life with Robert, I wouldn't want it any other way! (Cheesy!)

I've decided that this year we will celebrate Bonfire Night (Guy Fawkes) I think it will be fun for Bob and his family! I'll make yummy toffee apples that will gives us cavities, we have an enclosed fire place in the garden so I think we will throw some Jacket Potatoes on there to cook!! I'll get our niece and nephew to make a Guy Fawkes too...lol Should be fun! I'm not sure about Fireworks though!!

Old Oct 22nd 2007, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

I have some absolutely brilliant news, guys n gals!

On my way home from work tonight, I received a missed call and a text from Scott saying 'call me' - so I rang him and he told me that CHC had sent us our package back with everything inside *yay* and a letter inside requesting the remaining fee (the PR fee we didnt send with our application) and pretty much telling us that we've been approved and once they receive said fee...he has to send in his passport....WOOOOHOOOO. I think Scott mentioned something about us needing to send in the fee within 30 days...and that he has to land here by December 12th (or something along those lines...) - I was in too much excitement to comprehend whatelse he was saying so will call him later when he gets in from work (and I get my much needed rest...although at the moment....I'm wide awake with excitement!!!) and will have him read out all the details properly.

I cant believe how fast this has been since its been sent to London. Wowzer!

It's also funny too because Scott received two missed parcel letters yesterday and he thought one was for some t-shirts he ordered and another one being a Harry Potter tie (for a costume birthday party he's attending....) but noooooo it was our package with all our precious goodies, pics, etc inside. Total shock there...but a damn good one!!!

Kate and Jeff...you should be hearing something really soon too (if you havent already by now!!!) - keep an eye out for your post!!!
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

Jeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ChelseaUK
I have some absolutely brilliant news, guys n gals!

On my way home from work tonight, I received a missed call and a text from Scott saying 'call me' - so I rang him and he told me that CHC had sent us our package back with everything inside *yay* and a letter inside requesting the remaining fee (the PR fee we didnt send with our application) and pretty much telling us that we've been approved and once they receive said fee...he has to send in his passport....WOOOOHOOOO. I think Scott mentioned something about us needing to send in the fee within 30 days...and that he has to land here by December 12th (or something along those lines...) - I was in too much excitement to comprehend whatelse he was saying so will call him later when he gets in from work (and I get my much needed rest...although at the moment....I'm wide awake with excitement!!!) and will have him read out all the details properly.

I cant believe how fast this has been since its been sent to London. Wowzer!

It's also funny too because Scott received two missed parcel letters yesterday and he thought one was for some t-shirts he ordered and another one being a Harry Potter tie (for a costume birthday party he's attending....) but noooooo it was our package with all our precious goodies, pics, etc inside. Total shock there...but a damn good one!!!

Kate and Jeff...you should be hearing something really soon too (if you havent already by now!!!) - keep an eye out for your post!!!
HOLY SHIT CHELSEA!!PARDON MY LANGUAGE!!

But you guys have defo got it...we've been checking the post everyday but NOTHING!!!Probs because of the postal delays!!CHC London seem to really be pushing everyone through sooo quickly!!

That's amazing!!!I'm so chuffed for you guys!!I paid my landing fee so hopefully I should be getting my passport request!!But different folks different strokes...

Ahhh man...when was their first attempt at delivering his stuff??

CONGRATS CHELS!!
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 2:23 am
BE Enthusiast

CHELSEA! HOLY MOLY! I am sooooooo happy for you guys! I can't believe it was that fast! My god, I'm so excited for you right now that I'm having heart palpitations! That is fantastic news! We paid everything up front but I guess the only thing that will hold us back is my police checks, I hope they come through soon!!...Jeff, you should hear some good news soon too!! This is so exciting!!

I have to tell Robert!! Chelsea keep us updated!!

Jeff, try not to stalk the post box! lol
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

Jeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Giggles2080
CHELSEA! HOLY MOLY! I am sooooooo happy for you guys! I can't believe it was that fast! My god, I'm so excited for you right now that I'm having heart palpitations! That is fantastic news! We paid everything up front but I guess the only thing that will hold us back is my police checks, I hope they come through soon!!...Jeff, you should hear some good news soon too!! This is so exciting!!

I have to tell Robert!! Chelsea keep us updated!!

Jeff, try not to stalk the post box! lol
Well i'd like to think theoretically that I should be hearing something soon but you never can predict what CHC are up to!!

It is awesome news though!!

Hoorah!!
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

I'm sure we will, Jeff! You know, you have to remember that in England you get the mail the very next day after it being sent. To send something over here takes at least a week. If they are sending us our things back, it will take longer because it will be considered a small parcel!!

I tried contacting the Data Protection Office in Liverpool about my Police Checks this morning, I could only get through to a answer machine, so I had to leave a message. I also e-mailed them...I only want to know that my Police Check request was received. Once I know, I'll be OK! lol I also e-mailed CHC-London again to tell them I have sent off for my Police Checks but they may be delayed because of the darn postal strikes...I never got a response the first time. I'll try not to bombard them with e-mails!

Chelsea, I'm so happy you got great news! I'm happy because at least you know Scott will be here soon!! Jeff, my fingers are still crossed for you!!
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 5:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Well, like I had said, I contacted the Merseyside Police today and left a message and also sent an e-mail. I got a reply already, here is what they said...

"Good Evening

Thankyou for your e-mail. I have checked our records (and the post received
today) and am sorry to say that we have yet to receive the documents.
Unfortunately there was severe disruption to the postal service during the
strike, especially in the Liverpool area due to extended striking. This
resulted in us not receiving any post for 2 weeks. The strike is now
thankfully at an end and your application may well be in the blacklog that
the strike is sure to have caused. I will check the post daily and advise
you by e-mail when we have received your application.
"

That's just great...

Last edited by Giggles2080; Oct 23rd 2007 at 5:54 am.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

Well, like I had said, I contacted the Merseyside Police today and left a message and also sent an e-mail. I got a reply already, here is what they said...

"Good Evening

Thankyou for your e-mail. I have checked our records (and the post received
today) and am sorry to say that we have yet to receive the documents.
Unfortunately there was severe disruption to the postal service during the
strike, especially in the Liverpool area due to extended striking. This
resulted in us not receiving any post for 2 weeks. The strike is now
thankfully at an end and your application may well be in the blacklog that
the strike is sure to have caused. I will check the post daily and advise
you by e-mail when we have received your application.
"

That's just great...
Oh no mate!!That's not good...but I honestly think that the request is merely held up because of the postal strike!! Hopefully they'll get it soon!

Try and keep positive!The same thing happened to me...

Positive vibes sent your way!!
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

I know, I'm sure it is just held up in all the backlog. I think I'm just more mad at myself for not understanding and sending it in from the get go!

You know, this means that I might not get PR before Christmas...damn it!!!!! CHC-London take at least 2 weeks off for Christmas, right?
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

I know, I'm sure it is just held up in all the backlog. I think I'm just more mad at myself for not understanding and sending it in from the get go!

You know, this means that I might not get PR before Christmas...damn it!!!!! CHC-London take at least 2 weeks off for Christmas, right?
Well just stay positive!!I'm pretty sure that they're only closed for a week in total over the Christmas break...but I might be wrong!

I honestly think you'll get your PR before Christmas!!
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Jeff - you should be hearing something anyday...dont worry! As Kate stated, the UK are fortunate in having super fast postal delivery and that's probably why Scott received it as fast as he did. The weird thing tho, I had updated CIC with MY new canadian address...so why they didnt send it to me, Im kinda like 'huh' but Im happy that it was sent to him instead as we got it so quick. Man, I cant believe its only been like 5...maybe 6 weeks since London received it....

Kate - dont worry, girl...yours will be coming shortly! If it wasnt for the postal strike (grrrrr) they'd have received your stuff by now. At least you know its there or getting there...so think positively!

I have a good feeling you both will be getting great news and PR's by Christmas time. Im crossing my fingers, toes and eyes for the both of ya! heh.

I will keep you posted on what happen next. The money was sent off today for the PR fee...so hope they get it this week and we hear something by next week. Biiiink from another thread that Scott created said that it can take up to two weeks (I believe....) so we'll see what happens!

Now if only his bloody house would be finalized....Id be a really happy bunny!
Old Oct 24th 2007, 3:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Yesterday evening I was browsing other threads and happened to come across the one that Scott posted!! So, I said Hi!! lol

I'm in a much better mood than I was yesterday! lol I don't stay mad for long! ha! I know, I should stay positive because I know it will all be over with soon enough! Like I said in a post further up, I'm more mad at myself for not getting it right from the start.

Robert wanted me to tell you Chelsea (and Scott!) that he said "Congratulations!". It really is amazing that the applications can be processed so fast!!

Jeff, anything yet?

Robert suggested that maybe I should fax my info to the Data Protection Officer and maybe wire them the money?! I will have to find out if they accept it this way? What do you guys think?

Hope you're both having a great day!
Old Oct 24th 2007, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

Yesterday evening I was browsing other threads and happened to come across the one that Scott posted!! So, I said Hi!! lol

I'm in a much better mood than I was yesterday! lol I don't stay mad for long! ha! I know, I should stay positive because I know it will all be over with soon enough! Like I said in a post further up, I'm more mad at myself for not getting it right from the start.

Robert wanted me to tell you Chelsea (and Scott!) that he said "Congratulations!". It really is amazing that the applications can be processed so fast!!

Jeff, anything yet?

Robert suggested that maybe I should fax my info to the Data Protection Officer and maybe wire them the money?! I will have to find out if they accept it this way? What do you guys think?

Hope you're both having a great day!
Nothing in the post yesterday Meh!! No update on Ecas!!

I'm not sure if they'll accept the fee that way i'm afraid! When I sent mine, it said Cash or Cheque...no credit or debit card options!! Sorry Kate.

We'll all be there very soon...I can almost smell that PPR !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.