CPC Mississauga

Old Oct 4th 2007, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

hello! fellow spouse visa-ettes!!!

just an update from me..i am now working!!..and your time will becoming soon too!!

i have been there done that- all the stressing..all the waiting...it IS all worth it and before you know it you are back into the draaaaaaaaaaaag of working!!...enjoy your free time as such!!..even tho i know it is hard when all you want to be doing is get out there and get on with it! and do what you want to be doing!

age difference!!...dont' worry about it!....you've been together 4 years! and have the evidence..i know for a fact some couples with BIGGER age differences and not a problemo! and that is with the woman older..or wayyy younger.......~ it will all be good!

keep the positive flow going and as each day goes by you are all one step closer......

all the best to you all~....sorry i won't be around on the boards as much! trying to get back into the swing of working!...oh lordy..am i tired!..
Old Oct 4th 2007, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Jeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
hello! fellow spouse visa-ettes!!!

just an update from me..i am now working!!..and your time will becoming soon too!!

i have been there done that- all the stressing..all the waiting...it IS all worth it and before you know it you are back into the draaaaaaaaaaaag of working!!...enjoy your free time as such!!..even tho i know it is hard when all you want to be doing is get out there and get on with it! and do what you want to be doing!

age difference!!...dont' worry about it!....you've been together 4 years! and have the evidence..i know for a fact some couples with BIGGER age differences and not a problemo! and that is with the woman older..or wayyy younger.......~ it will all be good!

keep the positive flow going and as each day goes by you are all one step closer......

all the best to you all~....sorry i won't be around on the boards as much! trying to get back into the swing of working!...oh lordy..am i tired!..
Hi Maple Leaf,

Thanks very much for your kind encouraging words!!It is extremely disheartening...but our time will come!!And we'll all look back on this and laugh!!

So where did you get a job?and is it in the field you desired???
Old Oct 4th 2007, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jeffinthecity
Hi Maple Leaf,

Thanks very much for your kind encouraging words!!It is extremely disheartening...but our time will come!!And we'll all look back on this and laugh!!

So where did you get a job?and is it in the field you desired???
Hi jeff!..~..yes the position is in my regular line of work in health care. i am earning more than i would be in australia..and have excellent benefits and holiday leave! contrary to what you will hear on here...not ALL jobs only offer 2 weeks leave per year. It can depend on your union and collective agreements within companies.

what field of work are you in.? have you been looking in the area you will be or are living in Canada.

I also did some volunteer work here whilst waiting for my PR and that helped me a lot aswell. However once i got my PR i wokerd part time in a book store.for a couple of months...which i had never done before...it wasn't such a great wage...but it was fun..i enjoyed it and made some wonderful new friends there. it was also a great little introduction to working in Canada.

Old Oct 5th 2007, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future

Thanks, Maple Leaf! The age difference has never bothered me, but with applying for PR it just seemed to crop up and freaked me out not knowing how someone might "react" you know? Cheers for the words of wisdom!! I can only imagine (for now) what the feeling is like when it's all finished with!! I hope it's soon not only for me for you JEFF and CHELSEA too!! Oh, and everyone else going through this!!

So, no news my end? I'm trying not to check ecas, but I can't help it!! hahaha Just colour me WEAK!!!! Chelsea, did the flat sell yet? How was work this week, already into the swing of things?! lol Jeff, what's a Puck Drop? lol I read it on your Facebook! lol Should I be ashamed of myself for not being Canadianized enough to understand that?! hahaha!
Old Oct 5th 2007, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Jeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
Hi jeff!..~..yes the position is in my regular line of work in health care. i am earning more than i would be in australia..and have excellent benefits and holiday leave! contrary to what you will hear on here...not ALL jobs only offer 2 weeks leave per year. It can depend on your union and collective agreements within companies.

what field of work are you in.? have you been looking in the area you will be or are living in Canada.

I also did some volunteer work here whilst waiting for my PR and that helped me a lot aswell. However once i got my PR i wokerd part time in a book store.for a couple of months...which i had never done before...it wasn't such a great wage...but it was fun..i enjoyed it and made some wonderful new friends there. it was also a great little introduction to working in Canada.

That's excellent that you got into your field!!! Yeah the 2 weeks holiday a year really sucks...especially when you'll use that time to go home and see family!!How many weeks do you get??

Well I haven't got a particular field in all honesty...I only graduated from Uni last with a degree in Sociology and Criminal Justice...I'd always hoped to get a job with the govt. or in law enforcement - but behind the scenes. I've been here in Toronto a year already...and found it hard to get a decent job because of my working holiday status...I ended up doing an admin job at the Corp. Office of Fairmont Hotels - which I really enjoyed!!But who knows..i'm always looking for opportunities and courses to take.

I just can't wait for PR!!!Ahhhhh!!!

Kate!!Get with the programme!!!you've been here 4 years and you don't know what 'puck drop' is...I was referring to the opening night at the Air Canada Center and the puck dropping on a new season for the Leafs - needless to say a disappointing one!!!And you want to be a Canadian...jeez

yeah i'm constantly checking Ecas...it's like a drug!!I'm hooked!! BooooO!!
Old Oct 5th 2007, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future

Awww, c'mon now!! OK, it is sad that I didn't know what it was and yes I shouldn't have any excuse as I have been here 4 years! I do watch Hockey with Robert and I have been to more than my fair share of games NHL and watching our Nephew do his thang on the ice...but no matter how hard I try to understand the rules and get the lingo, it just goes in one ear and out the other! hahaha Now I know what a 'Puck Drop' is, that's a step in the right direction! lol Oh! I'm tryingto get Maple Leafs tickets for after Christmas, wanna make a weekend of it! We maybe in Montreal, but the Leaf's are the team we support! I was even watching the game the other day with my very own Leaf's Jersey - MATS SUNDIN!! Bet that suprises you, Jeff!! hahahahahaha
Old Oct 5th 2007, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Giggles2080
Awww, c'mon now!! OK, it is sad that I didn't know what it was and yes I shouldn't have any excuse as I have been here 4 years! I do watch Hockey with Robert and I have been to more than my fair share of games NHL and watching our Nephew do his thang on the ice...but no matter how hard I try to understand the rules and get the lingo, it just goes in one ear and out the other! hahaha Now I know what a 'Puck Drop' is, that's a step in the right direction! lol Oh! I'm tryingto get Maple Leafs tickets for after Christmas, wanna make a weekend of it! We maybe in Montreal, but the Leaf's are the team we support! I was even watching the game the other day with my very own Leaf's Jersey - MATS SUNDIN!! Bet that suprises you, Jeff!! hahahahahaha
Good on ya KATE!!GO LEAFS GO!!hhaha..that's awesome!Yeah i'm a big Leafs fan!Have been for a while...even before I got here last year!!Previous holidays have always included purchasing the odd Leaf jersey!!

So you wanna get yourself down to Toronto and see the Leafs eh?!Awesome!!Let me know if you do, we'll have to meet up!!I could also get you and Robert a discounted room at the Fairmont Royal York!!Still got those connections!!

I went to see them last Friday against the Red Wings...buddy's uncle is a season ticket holder, so he hooked us up!!Gonna try and get tix for thursday game against the Islanders!Take my old man to the ACC!He'll love it!!

We play your lot tomorrow!!The Canadiens are in town for a roasting!
Old Oct 5th 2007, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

ChelseaUK is an unknown quantity at this point

Kate: There is still no word on what's happening with Scott's flat. The solicitors arent very good at keeping you up to tabs with how things are progressing (or not..) so its kinda frustrating. We were told at the beginning when we had an offer that things might be done and dusted mid Oct...but who knows. It sure would be nice tho!!

Job is good so far...so much stuff to take in and learn. My notes are getting longer by the day. Bit overwhelming at the moment as the shop is so massive and trying to remember 70 staff members names gets a bit tricky...especially when no one has name tags. Gulp. I have late nights all next week and doing my first close on my own next Saturday. EEEK. Scary stuff!

I've no updates or anything from Ecas as well. I keep checking everyday hoping to see something different on there but nope...ha ha.

I think the idea of opening a British Team room would be perfect and I'm sure would go down a treat as it would be something new and exciting for people in Montreal.

Jeff: How are you enjoying your time in Vancouver? Sorry the weather isnt nicer for you...we've been getting our fair share of rain lately. Have you been up to much here?
Old Oct 5th 2007, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ChelseaUK
Kate: There is still no word on what's happening with Scott's flat. The solicitors arent very good at keeping you up to tabs with how things are progressing (or not..) so its kinda frustrating. We were told at the beginning when we had an offer that things might be done and dusted mid Oct...but who knows. It sure would be nice tho!!

Job is good so far...so much stuff to take in and learn. My notes are getting longer by the day. Bit overwhelming at the moment as the shop is so massive and trying to remember 70 staff members names gets a bit tricky...especially when no one has name tags. Gulp. I have late nights all next week and doing my first close on my own next Saturday. EEEK. Scary stuff!

I've no updates or anything from Ecas as well. I keep checking everyday hoping to see something different on there but nope...ha ha.

I think the idea of opening a British Team room would be perfect and I'm sure would go down a treat as it would be something new and exciting for people in Montreal.

Jeff: How are you enjoying your time in Vancouver? Sorry the weather isnt nicer for you...we've been getting our fair share of rain lately. Have you been up to much here?
Hey Chels,

I'm not in Van yet!We arrive on the 15th Nov. really really excited about it...i'll bring the welly's, I know you lot love your rain!

bummer about the flat..but once he does sell it, he'll be in an awesome position financially out here!!

Ecas is soo addictive eh?I'm always bloody checking it!!
Old Oct 5th 2007, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Will hold yo to that, Jeff - a discount would be great! For sure, will defo meet up when we go!

Chelsea: When Scott sells the flat, will he be flying over right away? You must really miss him!! I hope it sells soon!! Glad you like the idea of a Traditional Tea room, may sound boring to some, but I'd have it a bit funky ya know! lol Appealing to everyone! There are quite a few Brits in Montreal, especially in the West Island...so I think it would be good!!

I know ecas is haunting my dreams! lol I keep telling myself not to check, but the next thing you know there I am typing in the client # and all that!! lol No change today!! Now there is a postal strike in England which may mean my police check request has got caught up in that...more delays!!

Have either of you received AOR from London yet?
Old Oct 5th 2007, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

ChelseaUK is an unknown quantity at this point

Jeff: Oh, silly me. Here I thought you were here already...ha ha. Dont know why, guess it was when you were talking about it. I hope you have a great time when you visit - which I'm sure you will.

Kate: Scott is putting off giving his one month work notice until he gets confirmation about the sale or at least a date when all should be complete...incase something bad should happen (sale falls thru, etc.)

Really sucks as it means an added month's wait until he's here for good...although he plans to fly out for Christmas if all is not finalized by Dec.

His parents are coming to pick up boxes on Wed. to take to their's and store until we have them shipped out to Canada...so that's somewhat exciting news.

Sure am missing him loads tho, plus its his birthday tomorrow and I feel so sad for not being with him to celebrate.

There's a postal strike in England at the moment? ACK! What is up with that...dont they know people (ie: us) have important information being sent overseas... Hope that clears up fast and post is back to normal soon. If your police requests were mailed not too long ago, I hope they received it before all this happened. I'm sure they would have seeing as mail is usually received a day or two there...super fast, I miss that!

Not received my AOR from London....
Old Oct 6th 2007, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Yeah, the post is fast in England, so hopefully it got there just in the knick of time!!

You know, Chelsea; even thought you're not actually there in person with Scott, I'm sure he knows how much you would love to be! Just think, he will get the celebrate it twice, once tomorrow and then when he is finally over!! That's what I did in August!! Lucky me!! It sucks that it is taking so much time to sell. Hopefully this will be over for all of us by Christmas and Christmas will be here before we know it!!!!
Old Oct 9th 2007, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Giggles2080
Yeah, the post is fast in England, so hopefully it got there just in the knick of time!!

You know, Chelsea; even thought you're not actually there in person with Scott, I'm sure he knows how much you would love to be! Just think, he will get the celebrate it twice, once tomorrow and then when he is finally over!! That's what I did in August!! Lucky me!! It sucks that it is taking so much time to sell. Hopefully this will be over for all of us by Christmas and Christmas will be here before we know it!!!!
Still waiting...
Old Oct 9th 2007, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

...me too I was so sure I would see some more progress this morning! I just had a feeling - so much for that! lol. Chin up, we'll hear something soon!! Really we will!! When is your Dad coming over, Jeff?
Old Oct 9th 2007, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Does anyone know how long it usually takes to receive AOR from London? I also sent off an e-mail to the address you gave me, Jeff (thanks again for that!). Still no response from that, either - will I actually get one?!

Did you both have a good Thanksgiving?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.