Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Feb 22nd 2012, 9:13 pm
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by CanadianDreams
HOW AMAZING!! Well done for having the balls to chase them up! So very very pleased for you....:
How are you feeling now it's an reality?
Anna xx
Cheers Anna

It hasn't sunk in yet, tbh. Don't know when it will. When we're on the plane??!!!

Next stop, find someone to rent the house, then we can start planning a date.

Can't wait to see how you get on

Katie x
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

Asabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by unusual78
we got similar timelines .. anyone know anything new ?
Hi there almost the same timeline only i went IN PROCESS since 4/Jan/2012 and received an Police Certs Update request around 4/Feb/2012.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 10:23 pm
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Asabani
WOWWWWWWWWW welldone Katie, good job we all should follow your example, always I am hesitating to send them an email but from now on we all have to do it more often. good luck with the rest of the process.
Kourosh
Hi kourosh,

Yes email them if you feel you need to, it didn't do me any harm
Thanks for the best wishes...same to you

Katie
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 10:24 pm
Outsyder Adventurer

Originally Posted by Asabani
Hi there almost the same timeline only i went IN PROCESS since 4/Jan/2012 and received an Police Certs Update request around 4/Feb/2012.
Did your updated police certificate request not include your med request then? I thought these things came together...hmmm
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by misskatpaw
Did your updated police certificate request not include your med request then? I thought these things came together...hmmm
Ours came together plus requests for up to date Schedule background form and additional family information form.

Medicals today
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Bucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond repute

We received a request for updated police certs, family info, travels info for 10 years, but NOT medical requests, that was 2 weeks ago, a week after going "In Process" properly on ECAS.
It's most common to receive med requests at the same time but not always the way, it seems.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

we got similar timelines .. anyone know anything new ?
Nope. We've applied for updated Police Certs and have just sent them off in the hope that it'll get something moving...fingers crossed.

The good part from an email we got of our emmigration consultant: "There is a big litigation case going on against CIC, regarding the issue of the backlog. They want the court to force CIC to complete the assessment of the older files, as people have paid their processing fee and want their files processed, whether it is a positive or negative decision just so people can get on with their lives!"

Here's the bad part: " I have had clients who submitted last year and have got their medicals through, because they are processing the most recent applications first, it is so unfair!"

Can't help but agree whole-heartedly...!!
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 11:25 am
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by anunlikelyunion
Nope. We've applied for updated Police Certs and have just sent them off in the hope that it'll get something moving...fingers crossed.

The good part from an email we got of our emmigration consultant: "There is a big litigation case going on against CIC, regarding the issue of the backlog. They want the court to force CIC to complete the assessment of the older files, as people have paid their processing fee and want their files processed, whether it is a positive or negative decision just so people can get on with their lives!"

Here's the bad part: " I have had clients who submitted last year and have got their medicals through, because they are processing the most recent applications first, it is so unfair!"

Can't help but agree whole-heartedly...!!
Litigation cases can go on for years too! .. still can't digest CIC policy of processing newer ones first .. its like serving people at the back of the queue first just because they serve your interest best.

I too know of a few cases who applied last year and have got medicals in 12 months or so .. where as pre June 2010 processing now stands at 27 months which for me will be Nov 12 .. its just so frustrating.

I am extremely pleased for members who have got MR's etc .. Just trying to stay positive with hope that there will be some update for most of us in the next couple of months if not weeks .. after all they cant put us on the back burner indefinitely .. or can they?
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Asabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the rough

I know what you saying but this is CIC we are talking about so we can't expect normality of them. lets hope for the medicals to come soon.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

Hi kourosh,

Yes email them if you feel you need to, it didn't do me any harm
Thanks for the best wishes...same to you

Katie
Thats true, there is no harm in doing that. I think i'll wait a little bit longer because I have lawyer in Canada and it takes longer for me to recieve any letter and everything goes to Canada first then comes to me.
Thanks katie
Kourosh
Old Feb 24th 2012, 8:45 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Litigation cases can go on for years too! .. still can't digest CIC policy of processing newer ones first .. its like serving people at the back of the queue first just because they serve your interest best.

I too know of a few cases who applied last year and have got medicals in 12 months or so .. where as pre June 2010 processing now stands at 27 months which for me will be Nov 12 .. its just so frustrating.

I am extremely pleased for members who have got MR's etc .. Just trying to stay positive with hope that there will be some update for most of us in the next couple of months if not weeks .. after all they cant put us on the back burner indefinitely .. or can they?
I was talking to a Canadian friend here in Portugal yesterday. She asked how our application was going. I explained that CIC were processing newer applications before older apps because it 'better suits their needs' and she was as genuinely gobsmacked! As was my father (who lives in Vic) was when I told him, so much so that he has written a letter to his MP in BC!
This processing approach seems totally unacceptable to anyone other than CIC for some reason.

On the point of litigation. I agree it could take years for a decision to be made in court but the very fact that a case has been presented might make CIC reconsider their current policy to quash the litigation at the outset. They may not wish to be subject to any adverse publicity that the media might have a field day with.

On processing times:
Even if they averaged out the processing times across the board.... took all the pre 2008 applicants still in the system and lumped them into the MI & M2 backlog. Then average out the processing times between M1 & M2 (meaning MI - 2008- pre Jun 2010 would have their processing times shortened a little and M2 (post June 2010) extended a little but we would all be on similar processing times. Can't see anything more fair than that.

Back to the real world
Our agent has advised that a couple of their applicants (not on BE) falling under our timeline (August AOR) have had recent contact from CIC. I do not expect details of other applications so didn't ask.
Given that we (on BE) have seen a couple of August 2010 AOR's move on a little, plus the feedback I have just added, there is some light at the end of the tunnel for us August/September 2010 AOR's
Old Feb 24th 2012, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

I hate to be so negative, but I recently found these numbers on the CIC website and felt like crying.

Applications received 2010 (Jan-Jun): 289,561

Network Outcomes:

Positive: 164,503
Negative: 78,054
Withdrawn: 23,946

Total Network Outcomes: 266,503.

If you add up the Negatives with the Withdrawns, you get 102,000. Compare that to the Positives and suddenly, I feel A LOT less certain of actually ever making it into Canada than ever!! Here's the link to the complete table:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...1-Q2/index.asp

Please, anyone, tell me if I am wrong, or just not reading it correctly.

Gaby
Old Feb 24th 2012, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Well medicals didn't go as expected which may mean denial but have to get a few things together for the doctor and then wait and see.
Old Feb 24th 2012, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
Well medicals didn't go as expected which may mean denial but have to get a few things together for the doctor and then wait and see.
I hope that doesnt mean anything serious for you folks to deal with?
Old Feb 24th 2012, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

Originally Posted by anunlikelyunion
I hate to be so negative, but I recently found these numbers on the CIC website and felt like crying.

Applications received 2010 (Jan-Jun): 289,561

Network Outcomes:

Positive: 164,503
Negative: 78,054
Withdrawn: 23,946

Total Network Outcomes: 266,503.

If you add up the Negatives with the Withdrawns, you get 102,000. Compare that to the Positives and suddenly, I feel A LOT less certain of actually ever making it into Canada than ever!! Here's the link to the complete table:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...1-Q2/index.asp

Please, anyone, tell me if I am wrong, or just not reading it correctly.

Gaby
I'm afraid I dont give any credence to CIC regarding the numbers they publish, its all 'smoke and mirrors' anyway.
Hang on in there and remain positive

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.