Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Mar 8th 2012, 1:26 am
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by unusual78
it will be 19 months for me in 3 days time from the 1st AOR from London .. and the letter states it takes 12 months to process applications .. should have known better back then!
Yeah we got that letter too lol. Knowledge is power as they say.
Old Mar 8th 2012, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

99problems will become famous soon enough99problems will become famous soon enough

With 300,000 backlog I think one of 2 things is inevitable. They restrict/stop new applications and clear the backlog. Or, they scrap the backlog and return/destroy files and return fees - followed by a first come/first served policy on new apps with a cap in place. Either is possible. If I don't have a visa by the end of the year I'm off to the middle east to make some money and ponder other plans, Canada isn't all that and they are getting a curiously french disease - bureacracy.
Old Mar 8th 2012, 2:12 am
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 99problems
With 300,000 backlog I think one of 2 things is inevitable. They restrict/stop new applications and clear the backlog. Or, they scrap the backlog and return/destroy files and return fees - followed by a first come/first served policy on new apps with a cap in place. Either is possible. If I don't have a visa by the end of the year I'm off to the middle east to make some money and ponder other plans, Canada isn't all that and they are getting a curiously french disease - bureacracy.
is it even legal to scrap the backlog? surely this can be challenged in the Canadian courts .. there is already a law suit btw against CIC in Canadian Supreme Court re: the backlogs and application on MI2 being processed first.

I have not yet come to the conclusion that grapes are sour!
Old Mar 8th 2012, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by CANADIAN CARPERS
I waited 22 months from AOR so you may still have 3 months yet I also fully understand the lack of patience as I sold my house, packed in the job and came here for a 6 month holiday in the hope that I received med request and PPR before my return flight in late May. Gamble seems to have paid off so will have a few weeks back in blighty before landing on June 6th. I rent an appartment here so have an address for PR card to be sent so looking good
Oh, rub it in why don't you! But good on ya, mate, you must be so relieved that the gamble paid off.
Old Mar 8th 2012, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

What about cake? Everybody loves cake!
Cake?? What am I missing....?
Old Mar 8th 2012, 3:51 am
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by anunlikelyunion
Cake?? What am I missing....?
Shrek: For your information, there's a lot more to ogres than people think.
Donkey: Example?
Shrek: Example... uh... ogres are like onions! [holds up an onion, which Donkey sniffs]
Donkey: They stink?
Shrek: Yes... No!
Donkey: Oh, they make you cry?
Shrek: No!
Donkey: Oh, you leave 'em out in the sun, they get all brown, start sproutin' little white hairs...
Shrek: [peels an onion] NO! Layers. Onions have layers. Ogres have layers. Onions have layers. You get it? We both have layers.
[walks off]
Donkey: Oh, you both have LAYERS. Oh. You know, not everybody like onions. What about cake? Everybody loves cake!
Old Mar 8th 2012, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light

Shrek: For your information, there's a lot more to ogres than people think.
Donkey: Example?
Shrek: Example... uh... ogres are like onions! [holds up an onion, which Donkey sniffs]
Donkey: They stink?
Shrek: Yes... No!
Donkey: Oh, they make you cry?
Shrek: No!
Donkey: Oh, you leave 'em out in the sun, they get all brown, start sproutin' little white hairs...
Shrek: [peels an onion] NO! Layers. Onions have layers. Ogres have layers. Onions have layers. You get it? We both have layers.
[walks off]
Donkey: Oh, you both have LAYERS. Oh. You know, not everybody like onions. What about cake? Everybody loves cake!
somebody needs to change the DVD in your house lol.
Old Mar 8th 2012, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by anunlikelyunion
Oh, rub it in why don't you! But good on ya, mate, you must be so relieved that the gamble paid off.
Oh yes, the alternative was to go back to the UK after 6 months and live with my sister til the visa arrived When we made the decision to gamble and sell the house cic were still saying 13 months so you can imagine the when it went to 20 then 23. Fortune favours the brave and all that
Old Mar 8th 2012, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yes, the alternative was to go back to the UK after 6 months and live with my sister til the visa arrived When we made the decision to gamble and sell the house cic were still saying 13 months so you can imagine the when it went to 20 then 23. Fortune favours the brave and all that
Couldn't agree more. I got bored of waiting on the FSW application so I got an IEC visa and came out here. I've since applied through a PNP stream and hope to have PR in the next few months, all being well.

Congrat's!
Old Mar 8th 2012, 5:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
Couldn't agree more. I got bored of waiting on the FSW application so I got an IEC visa and came out here. I've since applied through a PNP stream and hope to have PR in the next few months, all being well.

Congrat's!
good luck rubberducky
Old Mar 8th 2012, 10:27 pm
Waiting for medicals

somebody needs to change the DVD in your house lol.
Old Mar 8th 2012, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

99problems will become famous soon enough99problems will become famous soon enough

It is actually legal to scrap the backlog, the minister has mooted it as a real option. It has been doen before by NZ. If they do, I'll be calling it a day. Not sure its sour grapes to bemoan a 2yrs and counting visa process when they take your money and indicate 12mths. We'll see.
Old Mar 9th 2012, 2:02 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

well, after a failed FSW1 application, a TWP, a FSW2 application, a lost rehab application, a returned rehab application, A NSPNP application, 3 years, $1400 + $1400 + $980, plus medicals $480 + $280, plus extra xray $75 and countless recorded deliverys to CIC London......

....and 1 weird sleepless night last night dreaming about visas.....

we finally got PPR

few!
Old Mar 9th 2012, 2:06 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spaceace
well, after a failed FSW1 application, a TWP, a FSW2 application, a lost rehab application, a returned rehab application, A NSPNP application, 3 years, $1400 + $1400 + $980, plus medicals $480 + $280, plus extra xray $75 and countless recorded deliverys to CIC London......

....and 1 weird sleepless night last night dreaming about visas.....

we finally got PPR

few!
Congrat's!
Old Mar 9th 2012, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

beckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the rough

Congratulations!!!!!! I have been following your journey since we first started ours and I'm so happy for you that all that waiting has paid off. Now you can carry on with the rest of your lives

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.