Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Wikiposts

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Mar 18th 2012, 3:46 am
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath

Please note we anticipate completing the review of M1 files submitted between February 27, 2008 and June 25, 2010 by June 2012.

[/I]
interesting turn up in the system there RDOD! thanks for sharing this new info mate

keeping fingers crossed to be processed soon....
Old Mar 18th 2012, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about

Please note we anticipate completing the review of M1 files submitted between February 27, 2008 and June 25, 2010 by June 2012.
thanks for passing that on RDOD! most positive thing I've seen yet

I hope their "anticipation" is correct and they pretty much stick to that timeline, we were getting so fed up, we were on the verge of my wife getting a WHV(I'm too old) and heading over on her own to try and get a job and speed up the application that way, but hopefully light at the end of the tunnel
Old Mar 18th 2012, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

Originally Posted by scotty1974
thanks for passing that on RDOD! most positive thing I've seen yet

I hope their "anticipation" is correct and they pretty much stick to that timeline, we were getting so fed up, we were on the verge of my wife getting a WHV(I'm too old) and heading over on her own to try and get a job and speed up the application that way, but hopefully light at the end of the tunnel
I think if we hadn't come over here to find work 6 months ago we would have lost the will to live by now with immigration.
We are both working now which is great, and we make our first property purchase in the next 2 weeks. And we have already ordered our egg laying hens to arrive as day old chicks in June.

Can you go over with your wife once she has work on WHV?
Old Mar 18th 2012, 11:41 pm
Just Joined

vatan is an unknown quantity at this point

Recently i sent email to cic london and i got same reply:

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your enquiry.

Your documents have been received and placed on file. No further action is required by you at this time.

Unfortunately, it will take longer to process Federal Skilled Worker applications submitted under the first set of instructions (between February 27, 2008 and June 25, 2010) than originally projected.

During this time, the department received applications for more than 425,000 people, and 144,000 of these have not yet received a decision.

This number represents more than twice the number of projected admissions under the Federal Skilled Worker program in 2011, so many of these applicants will have to wait two years or more to be processed. Because they reflect Canada's current labour market needs, applications under the most recent set of ministerial instructions are processed on a priority basis.
Our office sends immigration decisions and information requests by post or by email to the mailing and email addresses provided in the application. Therefore, it is important that our office be notified immediately of any change of address and contact details.
We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.
Yours sincerely,
------------------------------------------------------------------
Application received: 12/April/10 second Aor: 12/10/10, In process: 25/06/2011, more waiting continue
Old Mar 19th 2012, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about

Can you go over with your wife once she has work on WHV?
I could go over with my wife on a visitor visa but not be able to work, so it would be a struggle on the one wage but could be done I guess
Old Mar 19th 2012, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scotty1974
I could go over with my wife on a visitor visa but not be able to work, so it would be a struggle on the one wage but could be done I guess
I see, that is a tricky one.....
Old Mar 19th 2012, 8:55 am
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Asabani
Wow! happy for you Katie
Good luck
Thank-you Asabani

Originally Posted by jobop
Yay this sounds like fantastic news - it happens

My progress on Ecas looks like this:

We received your application for permanent residence on April 9, 2010.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on June 22, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the London England office on June 29, 2010. The London England office may contact you.

Wonder if I fall into the same category as the last paragraph has the date June 29th? But at least you guys are moving so there's hope they get to me.

Have not sent CIC a whats happening email as yet, will do so soon perhaps I may get the same reply??

Good luck everyone..
Hi Jobop,

I believe April '10 is your relevant date so you should be considered in the dates that they refer to in the e-mail. In the same way that our application was received in March '10 but I didn't submit our full file of evidence until Aug '10. We were still under the Pre-June '10 rules as that's when they first received our file.

Good luck,hope you hear something soon

Katie
Old Mar 19th 2012, 8:57 am
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
Latest reply for a request for information (note the bit in bold):

Your documents have been received and placed on file. No further action is required by you at this time.

Our office sends immigration decisions and information requests by post or by email to the mailing and email addresses provided in the application. Therefore, it is important that our office be notified immediately of any change of address and contact details.

We thank you for your patience.
This is FANTASTIC news! In the next few months, everyone should be hearing

Katie
Old Mar 19th 2012, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by misskatpaw
I have some happy news to report to the AOR Aug/Sept 2010 thread, in that our COPR arrived today!
Congrats Katie, expecting ours early April as passports arrived in London last week.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

nevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nice

Originally Posted by misskatpaw
I have some happy news to report to the AOR Aug/Sept 2010 thread, in that our COPR arrived today!

Although I am in the middle of nights and got woken up v.early by the postie, funnily enough, I don't mind

You get a carbon-copy document titled "Generic Document - 3 Part Distribution" IMM5292 Confirmation of Permanent Residence. You also get a VISA stuck into your passport, with a hologram stick placed on top.

So pretty happy today, if a little tired

I have gone through all the printed info on our IMM5292 and have found an error in that my husbands place of birth has a single letter missing at the end of it! So I will need to notify them of this and will see what they say. I think I'll e-mail them about it...want me to ask them to hurry along with all your emails waiting to be dealt with too?!

Watching everyone else's progress on here closely and keeping

Katie
Hi Katie,

Congrats! Great news.

I was wondering though because we received our COPR and returned passports today yay! BUT, there are no visas attached to our passoports!

An accompanying letter says "Enclosed are two documents for you and two documents for each dependent member of your family who will accompany you to Canada: a permanent resident visa (affixed in your passport) and a Confirmation of Permanent Residence form."

Problem is there are NO VISAS affixed in either of our passports. Did this happen to anyone else? I asked this question in the AOR July/ August 2010 thread and PMM said it was because I'm from a visa-exempt country. But if that's the case why are others getting the visa in their passports? Might it be because I'm already in Canada on a TWP? Or is this a mistake and should London have issued us our visas in our passports?

The CIC website still says "If your application is approved, you will be issued a permanent resident visa. Your permanent resident visa includes your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) AND your entry visa."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...p#confirmation

Anyone else have any ideas?

N.

Last edited by nevee; Mar 19th 2012 at 4:31 pm. Reason: Typo
Old Mar 20th 2012, 9:15 am
Outsyder Adventurer

Originally Posted by CANADIAN CARPERS
Congrats Katie, expecting ours early April as passports arrived in London last week.
Cheers for the congrats, CC!! Let us know when your PP's arrive back with your COPR and get a bottle of fizzy bubbly on ice

Originally Posted by nevee
Hi Katie,

Congrats! Great news.

I was wondering though because we received our COPR and returned passports today yay! BUT, there are no visas attached to our passoports!

An accompanying letter says "Enclosed are two documents for you and two documents for each dependent member of your family who will accompany you to Canada: a permanent resident visa (affixed in your passport) and a Confirmation of Permanent Residence form."

Problem is there are NO VISAS affixed in either of our passports. Did this happen to anyone else? I asked this question in the AOR July/ August 2010 thread and PMM said it was because I'm from a visa-exempt country. But if that's the case why are others getting the visa in their passports? Might it be because I'm already in Canada on a TWP? Or is this a mistake and should London have issued us our visas in our passports?

The CIC website still says "If your application is approved, you will be issued a permanent resident visa. Your permanent resident visa includes your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) AND your entry visa."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...p#confirmation

Anyone else have any ideas?

N.
Hi nevee,

I saw your post in t'other thread.
Great news on getting them back, unfortunately I can't give any explanation for the Visa's not being in PP's.
I would have no hesitation in recommending that you email them and ask the question. I've always had a quick response to my queries by email. 11 minutes was my best reply time!

I would try not to worry in the meantime and contact them in the morning to put your mind at rest.

Katie
Old Mar 20th 2012, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Asabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by vatan
Recently i sent email to cic london and i got same reply:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Unfortunately, it will take longer to process Federal Skilled Worker applications submitted under the first set of instructions (between February 27, 2008 and June 25, 2010) than originally projected.

During this time, the department received applications for more than 425,000 people, and 144,000 of these have not yet received a decision.

This number represents more than twice the number of projected admissions under the Federal Skilled Worker program in 2011, so many of these applicants will have to wait two years or more to be processed. Because they reflect Canada's current labour market needs, applications under the most recent set of ministerial instructions are processed on a priority basis.
We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.
Yours sincerely,
------------------------------------------------------------------
Application received: 12/April/10 second Aor: 12/10/10, In process: 25/06/2011, more waiting continue
Hi Vatan
don't worry about this reply, it is a generic response to almost everyone. try again in the near future nad don't give up, something will happen.
Kourosh
Old Mar 21st 2012, 11:27 am
Just Joined

I sent them email two weeks ago for delay but unfortunately they rejected my PR and i am so sad now because i didn't have lawyer and i filled application my self so i got lawyer yesterday to appeal but i don't know if London office will accept to review my application again.
Old Mar 21st 2012, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Asabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by vatan
I sent them email two weeks ago for delay but unfortunately they rejected my PR and i am so sad now because i didn't have lawyer and i filled application my self so i got lawyer yesterday to appeal but i don't know if London office will accept to review my application again.
Sorry to hear that, but I'm not sure if you can make a fresh case or not but your lawyer should know better. good luck
Old Mar 21st 2012, 11:42 am
Just Joined

it was only my mistake because i didn't explain very much in main duties but when i sent my application to Sydney they returned my application for same reason but in second time it was accept and they sent it to London but again same reason after 3 years.

Milad

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.