Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Wikiposts

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Apr 27th 2012, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Well done i would say you have, and the next step will be medicals.
What noc code are you, just to see if there is a link between all of those that have recently gone into process.
Old Apr 27th 2012, 11:52 pm
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by graham and george
Well done i would say you have, and the next step will be medicals.
What noc code are you, just to see if there is a link between all of those that have recently gone into process.
NOC 0632 - Accommodation Services Manager

we were on MI 1 but then later dropped from MI 2

Thank you for your well wishes and here's hoping for good news for all on on BE.
Old Apr 28th 2012, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by unusual78
Got a letter from CHC London this morning in the post:

States the following:

'Dear Madam/Sir,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. It has been reviewed by an officer and found to be eligible for further processing. We anticipate being able to advise you of the next processing steps in 6 to 12 months' time.

Please note that your application is still subject to admissibility checks and verifications that are deemed necessary. You should not take any irrevocable action such as selling your property, quitting your job, or buying plane tickets until we have advised you of the final decision on your application.

Please do not make any case status requests during the next 12 months as they will not be answered.'

does this mean our application is approved and now medicals etc remain?

Well, that's exactly the same letter I was on about! We think we've been processed but that they are covering their backs with regards to the medical, saying it could be quite a while. At lest we know we've been processed and that they have, as such, put us through as eligible. That's good news, I guess...also it doesn't really change anything, the wait continues.
Old Apr 28th 2012, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

Did you get an actual letter or was it an email reply to a case specific email?
Also is your your NOC on the MI1 or MI2 list?
Our NOC is 6322 and it's on the MI1 list.

Last edited by anunlikelyunion; Apr 28th 2012 at 2:42 am. Reason: Correcting error.
Old Apr 28th 2012, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gandalff
Hi anunlikely reunion,
Salmanizak in another post mentioned this sort of reply letter

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt....#post10021482

Hugh
Thanks Hugh,

I looked at it and it seems to me that we're on about the same thing. To us, nothing really changes as although we seem to have been processed, the wait for the elusive medical continues. Ah well, at least we know we weren't rejected, that's something I guess...
Old Apr 28th 2012, 5:05 am
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by anunlikelyunion
Well, that's exactly the same letter I was on about! We think ... put us through as eligible. That's good news, I guess...also it doesn't really change anything, the wait continues.
I'd say something is better tthan nothing .. the wait sure does continues but we are not in a rush to move over, if i.e.! ... so for now its comforting to know that things are progressing .. however is this 'letter' final confirmation that next stage will be medicals???? CIC have made it very hard to believe'em.
Old Apr 28th 2012, 8:20 pm
Waiting for medicals

Today, Minister Kenney announced two additional changes that will help transform Canada’s immigration system. One proposed change would help CIC ensure FSW applicants meet current labour market needs. It would allow new rules set out in Ministerial Instructions to apply to people who have already submitted an application. For example, instructions could place a priority on a specific occupation, such as doctors, and have existing applications from doctors processed first, regardless of where they are in the queue.

A similar change would allow new regulations, once approved, to apply retrospectively to people who have already submitted an application. These changes would help ensure that immigrants are chosen based on Canada’s current needs and priorities.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...2012-04-17.asp
Morning all .. just wondering in light of recent announcements .. could it be that 'yes we have been processed' (note usually at this stage its 'decision made' and they send medicals etc) but come July 2012 and new rules are applied to us retrospectively .. still a possibility that we are put on the back burner again or God Forbid 'refused' all together!

I'd like to think that we are past that stage? .. we haven't just 'already submitted an application' but ours have now been 'processed' too, found 'eligible' for further processing and admissibility checks and verifications etc remain. thoughts ?

Last edited by unusual78; Apr 28th 2012 at 8:27 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2012, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Here's my 2 pence worth . . .

What I have seen with all the recent applications that have gone into process were that they are all on the old list of 38.
CIC are just keeping everone sweet and on paper seem to be making an effort.

Perhaps then, if your job is on the new list you will then take prioty over others to meet candaian labour needs as the country will not want to flood the market with skills they no longer require at this time.

But they can do what they want as they did with pre 2008 applications.

Just a theory
Old Apr 28th 2012, 10:27 pm
Rockies bound hopefully

gandalff is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by graham and george
Here's my 2 pence worth . . .

What I have seen with all the recent applications that have gone into process were that they are all on the old list of 38.
CIC are just keeping everone sweet and on paper seem to be making an effort.

Perhaps then, if your job is on the new list you will then take prioty over others to meet candaian labour needs as the country will not want to flood the market with skills they no longer require at this time.

But they can do what they want as they did with pre 2008 applications.

Just a theory
Hi Graham and George,
I posed a similar question recently at the link below and Mac2 replied. Kenney stated that for the pre 2008 applicants those that had reached the "selection criteria" stage , some 20,000 , would continue to be processed. The definition of "selection criteria" for those people is on the CIC web site.

Cheers
Hugh

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...f#post10017739
Old Apr 28th 2012, 10:39 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. It has been reviewed by an officer and found to be eligible for further processing. We anticipate being able to advise you of the next processing steps in 6 to 12 months' time.
Yep! that about sums up what I expected when this 'Review by June' thing kicked off. I had to point out to my family that we are talking completion of a review of all applications, not completion of processing.

It seems that CIC are in effect saying that you now have PER and that medicals and Visa will follow eventually. From where I am sitting they are trying to line up PER's old and new into the system and then process by vocation demand, based on the next adjustment to the 'NOC's in demand list'

I'm on of those hoping to be added back onto the list when it changes in June.

Still, at least CIC have advised that you are moving onto to the next stage.
I find the bit about 'don't bother asking for updates any more' a bit off. Hardly customer service at it's best.
Old Apr 29th 2012, 1:10 am
Waiting for medicals

Originally Posted by james.mc
Yep! that about sums up what I expected when this 'Review by June' thing kicked off. I had to point out to my family that we are talking completion of a review of all applications, not completion of processing.

It seems that CIC are in effect saying that you now have PER and that medicals and Visa will follow eventually. From where I am sitting they are trying to line up PER's old and new into the system and then process by vocation demand, based on the next adjustment to the 'NOC's in demand list'

I'm on of those hoping to be added back onto the list when it changes in June.

Still, at least CIC have advised that you are moving onto to the next stage.
I find the bit about 'don't bother asking for updates any more' a bit off. Hardly customer service at it's best.
PER???

What I don't understand is why delay medicals etc when they have reviewed and found people eligible for it .. why the 6 to 12 months delay ?? what for ??
Old Apr 29th 2012, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Oooohhhhhh....I SO agree with that one, James!
Old Apr 29th 2012, 8:32 pm
Waiting for medicals

Customer Service and CIC ?? .. doesn't come to me as a surprise .. never expected any!
Old Apr 29th 2012, 8:40 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

PER???

What I don't understand is why delay medicals etc when they have reviewed and found people eligible for it .. why the 6 to 12 months delay ?? what for ??
Positive Eligibility Review(PER) as issued thesed day by new applicants when submitting their application.

In effect I see the older applications Feb 27 2008 - June 2010) being brought into line with the status of newer applications (Post MI 1). In fairness one would assume that, at that point, older applications (with PER) would then be processed. However, there is the curved ball being introduced of CIC processing 'in demand occupations' before those whose occupations are no longer featuring on the 'in demand NOC list'.

Even recent applicants that get PER within a couple of months of applying still have to wait months for the next stage. That's where the older applicants with this PER style response are now at.

The delay must be down to London still being swamped with a backlog that (to be fair to CIC) they do appear to be trying to clear.
Old Apr 29th 2012, 8:41 pm
All Sooked up!

I hear you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.