Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Wikiposts

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Nov 27th 2012, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

AhmadQ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by unusual78
Thank you CIC for 'taking the piss' of our patience!
I received the same standard reply as well;

"As stated in our last letter to you, your application is in process or waiting to be reviewed by an immigration officer. No further action is required by you at this time.
We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum."

The due date for my application as stated in my GCMS notes is April 17, 2013, however I' am pessimistic now and I' am afraid that the next instruction we will receive by that date is another waiting letter...
Old Nov 28th 2012, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about

Thank you CIC for 'taking the piss' of our patience!

says it all really
Old Nov 29th 2012, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

Hi folks

Been a while since I popped in on BE, I'm sorry to see it looks like not much has changed for you guys :-(

We got good news today that we have been accepted for Nova Scotia PNP, we have spent the evening gathering our info ready for our federal application and hope to have that off on Monday. Just need a bank draft and a load of photos.

We never got a refund for the FSW application btw, bit p'd off with them for being so dirty about it tbh but you have to move forwards.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 5:02 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heading-west
Hi folks

Been a while since I popped in on BE, I'm sorry to see it looks like not much has changed for you guys :-(

We got good news today that we have been accepted for Nova Scotia PNP, we have spent the evening gathering our info ready for our federal application and hope to have that off on Monday. Just need a bank draft and a load of photos.

We never got a refund for the FSW application btw, bit p'd off with them for being so dirty about it tbh but you have to move forwards.
Good news on the PNP ......but why no refund on the FSW
Old Nov 29th 2012, 9:54 pm
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Hi folks

Hey great news .. Congrats!

does this mean you will withdraw your FSW .. or keep both applications active till the outcome of one?

PNP processing time at London stands at 23 months as per recent processing times update.
Old Nov 30th 2012, 12:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

I saw on FB! Congratulations!
Old Nov 30th 2012, 12:53 am
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice

Hi folks

Congrats and all the best going forward!
Old Nov 30th 2012, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

bongobrad is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks

Great News guys , looking forward to visiting NS again next year
Old Nov 30th 2012, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

Thanks everyone

I hope it doesn't take 23 months to process! typical NS PNP (Skilled worker) applications take 12 months.

does this mean you will withdraw your FSW .. or keep both applications active till the outcome of one?
We were rejected as they reckon we did not have enough points. no job offer at time of application, was decreed good enough by CIC to reject us, even though we are both working full time here on TWP's.

Bummer is that they took 2 years to decide and our processing fees which we now have to pay again!
Old Nov 30th 2012, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

PNP processing time at London stands at 23 months as per recent processing times update.
I just checked ottawa where our PNP is going to be processed, currently processing takes around 11 months!
Sweet!
Old Nov 30th 2012, 8:40 pm
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

I just checked ottawa where our PNP is going to be processed, currently processing takes around 11 months!
Sweet!
Do apologise for giving wrong info then I suppose its London that takes longer than everywhere else
Old Nov 30th 2012, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Do apologise for giving wrong info then I suppose its London that takes longer than everywhere else
For PNP, London has longest processing times of all offices in Europe and the Americas.

For Asia, only Hong Kong has a longer time at 24 months - all the others in that region are shorter too. Africa has 3 VOs which are longer, the rest are shorter.

This figure is an "80% are processed within this time".
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bongobrad
Great News guys , looking forward to visiting NS again next year
great Brad! Hope to see you both again when you do!
Old Dec 12th 2012, 8:59 pm
Waiting for medicals

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...gn=eNews122012

'Taken together, these efforts have dramatically reduced the total number of people waiting in the FSW backlog from a height of 640,000 people in 2008 to approximately 100,000 today, even with new applications received since the 2008 Action Plan.'

'In 2013, CIC plans to admit between 53,500 to 55,300 Federal Skilled Workers, including their spouses and dependants.'

So guess that's half in 2013 and half in 2014?

btw also look at the new EoI system coming into place soon! http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...gn=eNews122012
Old Dec 12th 2012, 10:10 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

As a number of our AOR group may be looking out for PPR soon (hopefully)... I offer a Word of warning on Passport Requests by Email only

If you are at the stage of waiting for PPR.... (Note Passports are no longer requested for Visa exempt countries - just photo copies of every page)

Watch your inbox like a Hawk, or if you use one - keep asking your agent, as the request may only be via email.

If you have sent updated forms, PPRF, Police Cert, Medicals completed... and have had no contact by email within say 2 weeks... initiate a case specific inquiry to check that all is in order.

PPR may have been emailed and you may have missed it!

Full post at: Word of warning on Passport Requests by Email only

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.