Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Nov 14th 2014, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Just seeing if this thread has come to a end,as most seem to have got COPR,and have made the move to canada.
Old Nov 21st 2014, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

kazmania is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,
Landed last night in Vancouver yvr, took us approximately 2.5hrs. There was a long queue of about 30 students but a nice immigration lady put us right to the front as I had 2 young kids supplying entertainment and tearing the place apart. Currently staying in North vancouver and looking forward to our lives here for the future.
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

Katypyee is on a distinguished road

Hi All, I've only posted a few times back in 2009 I think. It was that long ago, I can't remember when we even started the FSW route. Long story short. I emigrated to Canada with family in 1989. Family still there. I came back at 18 and stupidly never stayed for citizenship. Boy wish I'd listened to my parents. Would have saved me 5 years and a lot of money!

Anyway, my husband and I decided we wanted to live in Canada with our two kids, now 7 and 4. We started the initial process in 2009/10 and submitted our full application in Feb 2011. Finally after so many requests for various and duplicated information, we had our medicals in September and paid our COPR fee at the same time. A week ago we received an email saying they are finally ready to issue our PR! They've extended the 30 days so we can renew my husband's and son's passports as they expire early next year, and we are unable to Land until July next year. Can't believe after all these years we are finally almost there!

They only want copies of our passports and not our actual passports to issue the COPR. Is this a new thing?

My parents have recently moved from Richmind, BC to retire in Sardis, Chilliwack, so we will be moving in with them and our new adventure will begin.

Apologies if I have posted in the incorrect timeline but this has been the one I have been following the past few years.

Good luck to you all!
Old Nov 24th 2014, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Well we have made the move to sylvan lake (well I'm here working and the wife and kids will be over in January ) going home to warm Essex for Christmas then back out on the 28 th december.best move I ever made.
Old Feb 13th 2015, 1:11 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by graham and george
Well we have made the move to sylvan lake (well I'm here working and the wife and kids will be over in January ) going home to warm Essex for Christmas then back out on the 28 th december.best move I ever made.
Just had a look at the thread also.... Nov last year was the last post! Used to be a really active thread. I guess all those usernames we got to know since 2010 have made to move to Canada or faded away (immigration wise.. or of old age waiting!!).. Hopefully the bulk made it!

Sylvan lake! We've got some Canadian friends that shifted that way for work reasons.. certainly not the weather

Hope all is good with you guys

All the best.
Old Feb 13th 2015, 1:16 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by unusual78
Thank you Mate .. better late than never hey
A belated - Finally!! Great news
Old Feb 13th 2015, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks James mc
Hope all is good for you.
I think we all got through in the end ,hope all our group are now living the dream,let's hope the oil price goes up soon hay.
Old Jan 29th 2016, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

Asabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the rough

Hey every one
I don't know if anyone check this thread any more. I hope everyone made it. we have been here now more than a year and half (Vancouver) love every minute of it. best move ever.
all the best for all
Old Jan 29th 2016, 1:42 pm
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Hi there, haven't been in this thread for some time! We have lived here since Sept 2012, in the Kamloops BC area and know we were lucky compared to others on the same timeline for whom it took much longer. Cheers!
Old Jan 29th 2016, 5:07 pm
All Sooked up!

Originally Posted by graham and george
Thanks James mc
Hope all is good for you.
I think we all got through in the end ,hope all our group are now living the dream,let's hope the oil price goes up soon hay.
Yep! All Good. Totally settled here in East Sooke, BC. Never looked back. Will never feel the need to go 'Home' for a visit because this is where our home is!

Old Jan 29th 2016, 6:21 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Asabani
Hey every one
I don't know if anyone check this thread any more. I hope everyone made it. we have been here now more than a year and half (Vancouver) love every minute of it. best move ever.
all the best for all
Originally Posted by misskatpaw
Hi there, haven't been in this thread for some time! We have lived here since Sept 2012, in the Kamloops BC area and know we were lucky compared to others on the same timeline for whom it took much longer. Cheers!
Originally Posted by james.mc
Yep! All Good. Totally settled here in East Sooke, BC. Never looked back. Will never feel the need to go 'Home' for a visit because this is where our home is!

If you haven't already done so please feel free to post in the Canniversary Forum, it would be great to hear about how you have settled - what issues you have had or how much you are enjoying life - we always love to hear about these things!