Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Wikiposts

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Apr 20th 2012, 8:59 am
Rockies bound hopefully

gandalff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by Kaye5
I think Hugh is right. Bal - they didn't check points at Sydney for M1 applicants - only that your job was on the List of 38, you had done a year in it and that your forms and docs were complete.

Checking the points is for London.

Whether you pass or fail the paper review in London, the fee is non-refundable at that stage.

The way we're dithering, our paper review will be over and done with and the choice will be made for us...
Here is a link to the operation manual at CIC, it's what the Immigration Officers adhere to and explains the criteria for selection. There is a similar manual for the medical examiner.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...p/op06-eng.pdf
Hugh
Old Apr 20th 2012, 9:06 am
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road

This is taken from the OP6 document cic use for processing MI1's - The first section(9.2) is the criteria for the AOR. The second(10 & 10.1 and onwards) is when the local office check the full file and marks it as 'in process' The actual processing (Background security checks and Medicals) takes place at a later date (in our case a full year later). Here is the only one on the CIC website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...p/op06-eng.pdf but it only covers MI2 and MI3 applicants. If you want the original OP6 you can get it from me here https://public.me.com/andymackay1

9.2. Acknowledgment of receipt
Once there is a positive completeness check, the officer will send the applicant a letter to:
• notify them of this fact and provide them with their visa office file number;
• set out basic instructions for contact with the visa office;
• give them a brief outline as to future steps; and
• inform them
10. Procedure: Minimal requirements of an FSW
Officers will review the application in detail, considering all the information and documentation
provided, and assess it against the following minimal requirements and selection criteria for
FSWs.
OP 6 Federal Skilled Workers
2010-07-26
10.1. Minimal requirements
The officer reviews the applicant’s work experience to determine if the applicant meets the
minimal requirements to apply as a skilled worker, as stipulated in R75.
The applicant must have at least one year of continuous full-time paid work experience, or the
continuous part-time equivalent, in the category of Skill Type 0, or Skill Level A or B, according to
the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC).
The work experience which will be assessed for all skilled worker applicants must:
• have occurred within the 10 years preceding the date of application;
• not be in an occupation that is considered a restricted occupation. At the time of printing, there
were no occupations designated as restricted. However, for the most up-to-date listing, refer to
the Skilled Workers and Professionals Web page at
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...lled/index.asp.
The applicant must have:
• performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation (or occupations) as
set out in the occupational description of the NOC (R75(2)(b));
• performed a substantial number of the main duties, including all of the essential duties, of the
occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC (R75(2)(c)).

Last edited by Mac2; Apr 20th 2012 at 9:16 am.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

Salmanizak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gandalff
Bal,
I think London is saying they anticipate to do the paper check before the end of June and then either put the application into proper processing or reject it. According to their manual they should try and do all this in a few weeks but because of the large number of applicants it's taking over a year.

The London officers now have to convince them-selves that what you put down on the form is correct. So I think the answer to your question is yes, London anticipate either putting people into processing or rejecting them. How soon after processing starts to a medical request I don't know. If I am wrong or missed some vital stuff out I hope one of the moderators will correct me.

Hugh
I also agree with this . . . .

Salman.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mac2
This is taken from the OP6 document cic use for processing MI1's - The first section(9.2) is the criteria for the AOR. The second(10 & 10.1 and onwards) is when the local office check the full file and marks it as 'in process' The actual processing (Background security checks and Medicals) takes place at a later date (in our case a full year later). Here is the only one on the CIC website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...p/op06-eng.pdf but it only covers MI2 and MI3 applicants. If you want the original OP6 you can get it from me here https://public.me.com/andymackay1

9.2. Acknowledgment of receipt
Once there is a positive completeness check, the officer will send the applicant a letter to:
• notify them of this fact and provide them with their visa office file number;
• set out basic instructions for contact with the visa office;
• give them a brief outline as to future steps; and
• inform them
10. Procedure: Minimal requirements of an FSW
Officers will review the application in detail, considering all the information and documentation
provided, and assess it against the following minimal requirements and selection criteria for
FSWs.
OP 6 Federal Skilled Workers
2010-07-26
10.1. Minimal requirements
The officer reviews the applicant’s work experience to determine if the applicant meets the
minimal requirements to apply as a skilled worker, as stipulated in R75.
The applicant must have at least one year of continuous full-time paid work experience, or the
continuous part-time equivalent, in the category of Skill Type 0, or Skill Level A or B, according to
the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC).
The work experience which will be assessed for all skilled worker applicants must:
• have occurred within the 10 years preceding the date of application;
• not be in an occupation that is considered a restricted occupation. At the time of printing, there
were no occupations designated as restricted. However, for the most up-to-date listing, refer to
the Skilled Workers and Professionals Web page at
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...lled/index.asp.
The applicant must have:
• performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation (or occupations) as
set out in the occupational description of the NOC (R75(2)(b));
• performed a substantial number of the main duties, including all of the essential duties, of the
occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC (R75(2)(c)).
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 9:18 am
Rockies bound hopefully

gandalff is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Salmanizak
Just a question on the recent backlog changes Kennie announced for pre 2008 applicants and possible impact on MI 1 applicants come July 2012.

It states on the CIC web pages that those people that had reached the "selection criteria stage" would continue to be processed. It then goes on to explain what "selection criteria stage" means.

What does a "decision based on selection criteria" mean?

A "decision based on selection criteria" means that an immigration officer:

has assessed your FSW application against the points grid, and
has made a decision on whether or not you meet the selection criteria of the program.
Currently, the pass mark is 67 points out of a grid worth 100 points. The grid considers the person’s:

ability in English and/or French
education
work experience
whether they have a job already arranged in Canada (arranged employment), and
how well they might adapt to living in Canada (which awards points for things like previous work or study in Canada, spouse’s education and relatives in Canada).
If your application is successful, you would move to the next phase (i.e. admissibility). At that point you would be checked against health, security and criminality requirements before being allowed to enter Canada.

If you do not score at least 67 on the FSW points grid, your application would be refused and CIC would inform you of the decision.

I am not sure if I have read this correctly and my question is , does this mean that if an applicant passes the paper screening by an Immigration officer (PSDEC = 1 in CAIPS I beleive) they will still be processed to completion?
Also is it likely that this criteria be applied to MI 1 applicants if there are drastic changes come July this year?
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 7:17 pm
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by gandalff
Just a question on the recent backlog changes Kennie announced for pre 2008 applicants and possible impact on MI 1 applicants come July 2012.

It states on the CIC web pages that those people that had reached the "selection criteria stage" would continue to be processed. It then goes on to explain what "selection criteria stage" means.

What does a "decision based on selection criteria" mean?

A "decision based on selection criteria" means that an immigration officer:

has assessed your FSW application against the points grid, and
has made a decision on whether or not you meet the selection criteria of the program.
Currently, the pass mark is 67 points out of a grid worth 100 points. The grid considers the person’s:

ability in English and/or French
education
work experience
whether they have a job already arranged in Canada (arranged employment), and
how well they might adapt to living in Canada (which awards points for things like previous work or study in Canada, spouse’s education and relatives in Canada).
If your application is successful, you would move to the next phase (i.e. admissibility). At that point you would be checked against health, security and criminality requirements before being allowed to enter Canada.

If you do not score at least 67 on the FSW points grid, your application would be refused and CIC would inform you of the decision.

I am not sure if I have read this correctly and my question is , does this mean that if an applicant passes the paper screening by an Immigration officer (PSDEC = 1 in CAIPS I beleive) they will still be processed to completion?
Also is it likely that this criteria be applied to MI 1 applicants if there are drastic changes come July this year?
Yes and maybe.
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

Fed up with not hearing anything from CIC I sent a case specific email last week pointing out an error in our post code which I hadnt noticed before and asking if med requests had been sent out to us.
This morning we got this reply

Dear Madam / Sir,

We have received your request with your new address, and the information has been updated to reflect your new contact details. Note that the change of address made by our office may not be reflected on E-Cas. Also note that we will not confirm receipt of fax/ mail/ email received at this office but your file will be updated.

Our office sends immigration decisions and information requests by post to the applicant at the mailing address provided in the application. Therefore, it is important that our office be notified immediately of any change of address and contact details.

Be advised that:

• no mail has been sent.

Yours sincerely,

Client Service Unit

Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux
Canadian High Commission | Haut-commissariat du Canada
38 Grosvenor Street
London, W1K 4AA | Londres, W1K 4AA
United Kingdom | Royaume-Uni

Government of Canada
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

Hi Guys, it appears the 'bulk' Medicals' phase is over or at-leased slowed down. Any news for further Medicals from London to people who had sent applications to CIO after Feb/Mar-2010? If I am not wrong, the last recently Medicals were for applicants of this time period, or sometime around that .

Recently I learned from some source, could be a rumor, that applications with dispatch dates till March 31, 2010 will be issued Medicals (if qualified) till June/July; rest of the applications falling between April 01 - June 25, 2010 will be (like-ably) put into processing and issued 'Decisions' till December 2012.

In support, I have seen around 5 or 6 FSW1 (MI1) applicants in my circle who have received letters carrying the following common statement - and all of these had dispatched their applications after March 2010 to CIO:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. It has been reviewed by an officer and found to be eligible for further processing. We anticipate being able to advise you of the next processing steps in 6 to 12 months' processing time.

Please do not make any case status requests during the next 12 months as they will not be answered.

Could this be true in some way or verify-able from some authentic source?
a
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about

Hi folks

whoop whoop! at last! we're in real process!!

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on April 4, 2012

I hope we get medicals soon
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 9:23 pm
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by scotty1974
Hi folks

whoop whoop! at last! we're in real process!!

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on April 4, 2012

I hope we get medicals soon
Congratulations!
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

abdbassam is an unknown quantity at this point

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on March 19, 2012.
London visa office noc 0711
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by abdbassam
Your application was reviewed and we started processing on March 19, 2012.
London visa office noc 0711
You applied under NOC 0711 or 0311 - your signatures state 0311?
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Congrats Scotty! your post spurred me on to check ECAS and.....

"We received your application for permanent residence on April 29, 2010.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on October 19, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on April 19, 2012.
"

Looks like for us it's now a race between our 2 applications to see which gets to medicals first. Cost us an extra $1500, but c'est la vie.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about

Congratulations!
thanks unusual78, I hope your not far behind us as we're almost on the same timeline!!

Congrats Scotty! Looks like for us it's now a race between our 2 applications to see which gets to medicals first. Cost us an extra $1500, but c'est la vie.
thanks Kaye5 and congrats right back at ya!!
yes we're in a race now to see who gets medicals first - good luck
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 10:36 pm
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by scotty1974
thanks unusual78, I hope your not far behind us as we're almost on the same timeline!!

thanks Kaye5 and congrats right back at ya!!
yes we're in a race now to see who gets medicals first - good luck
this is how our e-cas looks like .. been like this now for 20 months

We received your application for permanent residence on February 25, 2010.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on April 1, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the London England office on April 7, 2010. The London England office may contact you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.