Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Wikiposts

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Apr 16th 2012, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

99problems will become famous soon enough99problems will become famous soon enough
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Still no change to ECAS. Useless system - anyone checking this on a regular basis - I wouldn't bother - at best it lags the current position - you'll know of any progress well before its marked there.
Old Apr 16th 2012, 3:59 am
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 99problems
Still no change to ECAS. Useless system - anyone checking this on a regular basis - I wouldn't bother - at best it lags the current position - you'll know of any progress well before its marked there.
Thought so
Fingers crossed we too will hear something soonish .. In the meantime I will drink one too to your success .. Cheers and best of luck for the remaining formalities
Old Apr 16th 2012, 4:08 am
Rockies bound hopefully

gandalff is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations 99,
you actually have 4 things to do in 8 weeks....... update your signature
Old Apr 16th 2012, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough

Big congrats 99 - and yep ECAS appears to be pretty pointless as far as customer service goes....

With every new med request, it feels a little bit closer for us...
Old Apr 16th 2012, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

Asabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the rough

Hooray. I shall be moaning less and drinking more! We got medical requests today. 3 things to do in 8 weeks; medicals/new police certs/pay RPRF fees. Think with selling proerty here, getting married etc it will still probably be nearly 2 years till we actually make the move. Will do the landing prob early next year.
Congrats 99problems
All the best for the rest of the process!
Old Apr 16th 2012, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about

congrats 99 problems, I hope ours will arrive soon!
Old Apr 16th 2012, 10:27 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Hooray. I shall be moaning less and drinking more! We got medical requests today. 3 things to do in 8 weeks; medicals/new police certs/pay RPRF fees. Think with selling proerty here, getting married etc it will still probably be nearly 2 years till we actually make the move. Will do the landing prob early next year.
Result Congratulations

We've just sent new police certs in ahead of CIC asking for updates, when they get around to processing our application that is
Old Apr 17th 2012, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

for the sake of the timeline.....

we got our COPR back yesterday in Canada Post

All that's left for us is to make an inland landing appointment (we don't fancy a 12 hour round trip to Maine!)

FYI - we didn't need to provide any further docs from our originals.......I'm guessing because we've been in Canada since applying.

Best of luck with everyone else's applications

Last edited by spaceace; Apr 17th 2012 at 12:11 am.
Old Apr 17th 2012, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

Congrats on your med requests! SOOOO jealous...
Old Apr 17th 2012, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

CanadianDreams is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally!!! Congratulations!! Good Luck with meds
Old Apr 17th 2012, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

Messiah Khan is an unknown quantity at this point

You should have plenty of time left over. We got our medical request/Police check/RPRF fees letter on Friday. 5 days later we have bankers draft for the RPRF, police checks have been ordered (and being sent directly to the high commission) and medical completed! All while getting ready for a 6 month expedition that we fly out to on Friday.

Oh and get ready to drop your pants and cough! The medical includes ball checks.
Old Apr 17th 2012, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Salmanizak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Messiah Khan
Yeah, it's going to be damn hard work and painful, but also filled with lots of awesome! Hehe, yeah a car would be faster but also wouldn't be a once in a lifetime experience or challenge.
'Lots of Awesome' is the best concise description of what you are planning about, best of luck

You have touched my trekking nerve deeply though I would love to follow your trip for details and photos - do let me know if you use twitter/facebook. Thanks.

Last edited by Salmanizak; Apr 17th 2012 at 8:15 pm.
Old Apr 17th 2012, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Salmanizak is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats! Once you get married, you would perhaps also require to change your ID . . . . . 100problems . . . lol . . . .. . . nothing personal kindly . . . .

(not to offend anybody on the forum)
Old Apr 17th 2012, 11:22 pm
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Today, Minister Kenney announced two additional changes that will help transform Canada’s immigration system. One proposed change would help CIC ensure FSW applicants meet current labour market needs. It would allow new rules set out in Ministerial Instructions to apply to people who have already submitted an application. For example, instructions could place a priority on a specific occupation, such as doctors, and have existing applications from doctors processed first, regardless of where they are in the queue.

A similar change would allow new regulations, once approved, to apply retrospectively to people who have already submitted an application. These changes would help ensure that immigrants are chosen based on Canada’s current needs and priorities.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...2012-04-17.asp
Old Apr 17th 2012, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

99problems will become famous soon enough99problems will become famous soon enough

Interesting. Why didn't they do this before?

Background info for those of you immently awaiting med requests. Medicals are about £250 each in UK - £480 for 2 people in Slough clinic. Take about half an hour each though you wait for the Xray. Most of the clinic if you ring around have quite uptight medical secretaries who take 27 rings to answer the phone and then dont want to answer any questions - just want to boook you in and put the phone down (!). We are now booked for 1st May. New police certs - the form and instructions have changed so dont miss anything - still £35 each and takes 10 days. Finally, the RPRF fee has to be paid by bank draft in CAD$ which you need to order from the bank - HSBC wont do it over the counter so needs to be ordered over the phone. You get 60 days to do it all, realistically we'll be done in 3 weeks from the letter date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.