Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Wikiposts

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Aug 12th 2013, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by Asabani
Hello every one
Trying to book an appointment for medical but they ask for either an IME or UCI Number, on my forms all I have is file no B......... . any idea guys. I'm sending an email to visa post too. see what happens.
Hi Asabani - have you saved your early email responses? I have my initial UCI no as well as the B no. on an email sent as my first AOR - requesting the full docs back in Oct 2010. This came from Sydney Nova Scotia, and requested forms to be sent to London.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 3:48 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Hello every one
Trying to book an appointment for medical but they ask for either an IME or UCI Number, on my forms all I have is file no B......... . any idea guys. I'm sending an email to visa post too. see what happens.
Originally Posted by witchileiz
Hi Asabani - have you saved your early email responses? I have my initial UCI no as well as the B no. on an email sent as my first AOR - requesting the full docs back in Oct 2010. This came from Sydney Nova Scotia, and requested forms to be sent to London.
I don't get this?? I also only seem to recall having a Bxxxxxx number. Plus, when we booked our medicals in the UK, the medical centre only wanted to ascertain that we had received medical request forms from CIC London with our pictures fixed to them and over-stamped by a CIC office stamp.
On arrival for the medicals we had to show our passports and they checked them against the pictures on the forms.

I'm aware that medical requirements changed a little in Nov last year, but I think that is more based on what forms are used and when, as opposed to any shift on the actual medical requirements.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 4:31 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by james.mc
I don't get this?? I also only seem to recall having a Bxxxxxx number. Plus, when we booked our medicals in the UK, the medical centre only wanted to ascertain that we had received medical request forms from CIC London with our pictures fixed to them and over-stamped by a CIC office stamp.
On arrival for the medicals we had to show our passports and they checked them against the pictures on the forms.

I'm aware that medical requirements changed a little in Nov last year, but I think that is more based on what forms are used and when, as opposed to any shift on the actual medical requirements.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...ok-extract.pdf

Clients who have been issued a Medical Report (IMM 1017) must present the form to the panel clinic when presenting themselves for their IMEs. The form will include two client identifiers: IME number and UCI number.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 4:33 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie

Clients who have been issued a Medical Report (IMM 1017) must present the form to the panel clinic when presenting themselves for their IMEs. The form will include two client identifiers: IME number and UCI number.
Well... that clears that up then
Old Aug 13th 2013, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Hi Asabani

We received a email from CIC with new application number starting with E and also a UCI number.
I think it has to do with CAIPS notes changing to GCMS.
So as long you have your medical request from CIC all should be fine..
Old Aug 13th 2013, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

Asabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by graham and george
Hi Asabani

We received a email from CIC with new application number starting with E and also a UCI number.
I think it has to do with CAIPS notes changing to GCMS.
So as long you have your medical request from CIC all should be fine..
hi graham and george
I keep telling the lady that there is no UCI no only visa post file no and my photo is attached to the forms, she says NO only if you have UCI no. that's crazy, after all this now this.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Asabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the rough

my forms have no UCI number no IME number, only the file number B.......
Old Aug 13th 2013, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

lady only wanted the IME or UCI no, nothing else not even money for the exams, she wasn't even looking forward to see me as much I was looking forward to see them just to get things done sooner than later
Old Aug 13th 2013, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by witchileiz
actually I checked all the emails, nothing there neither.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 3:51 pm
All Sooked up!

lady only wanted the IME or UCI no, nothing else not even money for the exams, she wasn't even looking forward to see me as much I was looking forward to see them just to get things done sooner than later
I would try another medical centre. There are a few choices in the UK. We were living in Portugal when we had our medicals done. We booked them in Edinburgh as we happened to be up in Scotland around that time. You are not tied to the medical centre nearest you, even though that should be the most convenient.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 11:34 pm
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

hi graham and george
I keep telling the lady that there is no UCI no only visa post file no and my photo is attached to the forms, she says NO only if you have UCI no. that's crazy, after all this now this.
my forms have no UCI number no IME number, only the file number B.......
UCI number is stated on the CAIPS notes as well but the turnaround time is 6 weeks approximately

Look at all the correspondence you have had with CIC/CHC London .. maybe its written somewhere in the small print.
Old Aug 14th 2013, 1:45 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I would send an email to CIC, preferably by replying to one they have sent you, and ask them what your UCI or IME number is as you need the information to comply with the medical request and mark it "urgent". Point out that the forms sent to you only have your 'b' number on and the PP require you to have either an UCI or IME.

Old Aug 14th 2013, 3:07 am
All Sooked up!

I would send an email to CIC, preferably by replying to one they have sent you, and ask them what your UCI or IME number is as you need the information to comply with the medical request and mark it "urgent". Point out that the forms sent to you only have your 'b' number on and the PP require you to have either an UCI or IME.

Which begs the question as to why CIC are sending the forms out without this information on them in the first place? Surely people shouldn't need to be tracking this information down at this late stage in the process? Besides, asking for this information, over and above that already on the form, further complicates the process unnecessarily.

CIC never fail to amaze do they?? It's not like they are new at running an immigration system!!

If I were the OP I'd still call another medical centre and ask them what they need. That'll take a minute or two at most. Also email CIC as well.
Old Aug 14th 2013, 3:44 am
Banned

Which begs the question as to why CIC are sending the forms out without this information on them in the first place? Surely people shouldn't need to be tracking this information down at this late stage in the process? Besides, asking for this information, over and above that already on the form, further complicates the process unnecessarily.

CIC never fail to amaze do they?? It's not like they are new at running an immigration system!!

If I were the OP I'd still call another medical centre and ask them what they need. That'll take a minute or two at most. Also email CIC as well.
I presume because it is a fairly new system and perhaps the issuing office haven't got their paperwork up to date to reflect this yet, though it's suprising that it isn't auto-generated.

I do agree that it is an unnecessary complication though.

Yes, try calling another PP and see if they can accommodate you with just your 'b' number as well.. it's worth a try!

Old Aug 14th 2013, 4:08 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

I believe these medical forms were printed on file creation some years ago and in their haste to get them out the visa office clerk did not think of that problem. It is policy to print them up front as that is a computer function that relieves clerks of that task. Who knew they would roll out a new system with new numbers or that the file would be in process so long!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.