Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Mar 30th 2012, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

The Government of Canada announced on 29 March 2012 a plan to reduce the backlog of Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) applications by returning all applications and government fees submitted prior to 27 February 2008. This will amount to a total of almost 300,000 returned applications, as well as approximately $130 million in refunded government processing fees.

Approximately 160,000 FSW applications, submitted after 28 February 2008, will remain in queue for processing.
I feel sorry for the people who've been bumped after all the waiting - but for us guys - PHEW!
Old Mar 30th 2012, 2:34 am
PR living in Vancouver

jobop will become famous soon enoughjobop will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=unusual78;9980268]
Originally Posted by Asabani
BREAKING NEWS

The Government of Canada announced on 29 March 2012 a plan to reduce the backlog of Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) applications by returning all applications and government fees submitted prior to 27 February 2008. This will amount to a total of almost 300,000 returned applications, as well as approximately $130 million in refunded government processing fees.

Approximately 160,000 FSW applications, submitted after 28 February 2008, will remain in queue for processing.[/QUOTE

source ??
There is a story in the Vancouver Sun...

http://www.vancouversun.com/business...839/story.html
Old Mar 30th 2012, 2:42 am
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

Originally Posted by scotty1974
I feel sorry for the people who've been bumped after all the waiting - but for us guys - PHEW!
oh yeah! Though as MI1 was his first act as minister of immigraton, i diddnt really see him binning us, as it would be akin to admitting he couldnt do the job.
Lets see if things speed up now or if they will slow down, having to refund everyone!
Old Mar 30th 2012, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

Salmanizak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Asabani
BREAKING NEWS

Approximately 160,000 FSW applications, submitted after 28 February 2008, will remain in queue for processing.
Extremely Distressing! Truly sorry for this group of applicants!
Old Mar 30th 2012, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

99problems will become famous soon enough99problems will become famous soon enough

I just can't believe nobody lost their job over this, affecting the futures of at least 300,000 people. I only hope we are the passive beneficiaries and everyone subsequent gets processed. What they should do is announce each year's NOCs and invite applications with retainer fees and award the @cap@ at the outset on a first come first served basis. Otherwise its like selling the seats on an aircraft 15 times over - the majority of people don't get on and end up disillusioned.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 7:39 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

This may speed up the processing of our application. One might want to feel good about that, but I don't.

I just feel so sad for all those people that, in/pre 2008, met the relatively strict criteria, paid their fees, jumped through hoops to gather together all the information and fill out all the forms, sent the full package when asked to do so by CIC, waited patiently for four long years, requesting updates from time to time with it all culminating in being dumped like this! Very sad indeed.

No way is it the fault of the applicants that such a backlog developed, so why should it be they that have to suffer?

I sincerely hope that they don't simply move on to MI1 group (us) in a similar fashion Who can say CIC would never do this?

We are already fast approaching double the projected processing time from when we first applied.

This is no way for a country to run an immigration program! Those that represent CIC should feel truly embarrassed about this, but I doubt if they will.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

99problems will become famous soon enough99problems will become famous soon enough

OK! Guys on this timeline - Aug/Sep 2010 AOR - keep up to date on here - we want to know when you have your meds requested. I have god knows how many work trips planned for next few weeks so god only knows how I shall be able to submit my passport to London for several weeks without knowing when I get it back!
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 10:58 pm
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

This is no way for a country to run an immigration program! Those that represent CIC should feel truly embarrassed about this, but I doubt if they will.[/QUOTE]

I second your sentiments .. this is in fact on the boundary line of being illegal and can/should be challenged in an International Court!
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

Irrespective of the news on scrapping the pre 2008 backlog, am I correct in thinking they only issue 20,000 FSW visas a year? If there are 144,000 o/s apps from 2008-2010, does that not still mean it will be a very long time before PR is issued to all of these people?Its very unclear what the intentions are and how its going to be done, think they're making it up as they go.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about

If there are 144,000 o/s apps from 2008-2010, does that not still mean it will be a very long time before PR is issued to all of these people?Its very unclear what the intentions are and how its going to be done, think they're making it up as they go.
If there are still 144,000 to go then, your right, it will be years before they clear the lot

I don't think there is still that amount left though, they were stating that figure in emails a year ago and I don't think they have bothered to update their generic email
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 3:21 am
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 99problems
Irrespective of the news on scrapping the pre 2008 backlog, am I correct in thinking they only issue 20,000 FSW visas a year? If there are 144,000 o/s apps from 2008-2010, does that not still mean it will be a very long time before PR is issued to all of these people?Its very unclear what the intentions are and how its going to be done, think they're making it up as they go.
Please see this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...rmanent/03.asp
.. there were over 48K FSW admitted in 2010.

see this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...iminary/01.asp
.. there were over 36K FSW admitted in 2011.

I think 20K cap represents new FSW applications per year and not the actual number of FSW applicants who are/will be admitted. The main reason (as per my understanding) for the 20K cap on new applications was to reduce the backlog. If they accept 20K and admit 20K then the backlog remains unchanged .. members your views please:?????

Last edited by unusual78; Apr 3rd 2012 at 3:28 am.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

Thx for info. I guess the 20,000 is a cap then which provided you process applications at a rate >20,000pa then the backlog eventually gets cleared. But if the total number of applications live is c500,000 (whcih I think it is) then processing at a rate of 50,000pa means it could take 10yrs to clear and that takes no account of new applications coming in. Are we saying that the backlog only came about because there was no cap? If thats so then it was entirely predictable you'd end up with a backlog. This stuff drives me crazy.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 5:42 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by 99problems
Thx for info. I guess the 20,000 is a cap then which provided you process applications at a rate >20,000pa then the backlog eventually gets cleared. But if the total number of applications live is c500,000 (whcih I think it is) then processing at a rate of 50,000pa means it could take 10yrs to clear and that takes no account of new applications coming in. Are we saying that the backlog only came about because there was no cap? If thats so then it was entirely predictable you'd end up with a backlog. This stuff drives me crazy.

No, the backlog was created when the Liberal Gov't of the day decided to lower the point threshold from 75 to 67 (it would be cynical to say they were looking for votes from the Immigrant Community). All of sudden what went from a balance of applications to the number visas issued yearly to a free for all, where anyone with a degree and 1 year's skilled work qualified to apply. You also didn't have to submit proof of your language, it was self-assessed. All of a sudden you have 221,000 applicants chasing 105,000 visas in one year. Bingo instant backlog.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 11:41 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with PMM...

But I (and probably many others) still fail to understand why there was not a mechanism in place to limit the number of applicants, requested to submit a full package, to a level that CIC had the resources to process. It's not exactly rocket science to figure that one out.

As for keeping up to date with medical requests in this thread. I'm sure any regulars will post as soon as they get them.. I know I will
Seems quiet on that front at present though.

Last edited by james.mc; Apr 3rd 2012 at 11:45 pm.
Old Apr 4th 2012, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by james.mc
As for keeping up to date with medical requests in this thread. I'm sure any regulars will post as soon as they get them.. I know I will
Seems quiet on that front at present though.
From another thread... medical requests were requested by LMBrian (AOR 29.04.2011). NOC still on the "List" (electrician).

I'm also wondering what "review" of the List of 38 will mean.... there's a lot of positive thinking on other threads. I'm not sure I share it. If June 2012 "deadline" really does mean finalised and not just... (what?), our FSW1 app will be decided before our PNP one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.