Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Wikiposts

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Oct 25th 2012, 12:22 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

What's new? The medical form with over stamped (by CIC) photos attached or supplying three photos to the doctors admin?
Old Oct 25th 2012, 12:28 am
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by james.mc
What's new? The medical form with over stamped (by CIC) photos attached or supplying three photos to the doctors admin?
Supplying new photo's to the medical admin James.

.. and asking us for new photo's without sending medicals - I am certain they have lost'em!
Old Oct 25th 2012, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

bongobrad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by unusual78
We were asked for (via email) new photo's, RPRF, Police Certificates form UK and only New Schedule A Background / Declaration form i.e. IMM5669! We were told that new photo's are required for our medical forms - so I am guessing that they will request the other forms when they send those out

Have they not asked you to undergo medicals in addition to above listed items?
Yes but our Forms are in Canada with our lawyer and are being sent back to the UK
Old Oct 25th 2012, 12:34 am
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bongobrad
Yes but our Forms are in Canada with our lawyer and are being sent back to the UK
Wunderba!
Old Oct 25th 2012, 12:38 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

mmm... I can't quite remember what was requested on the CIC supplied medical instructions sheet (it's at home and I'm offshore on the North Sea) but on viewing the website where we had our medical it advised us to take Four passport type photos. So we did.

As mentioned earlier. The medical request forms sent by CIC have photos attached already and are over stamped by CIC. Incidentally when booking the medicals by phone, the lady specifically asked if we had photos attached and stamped by CIC to our forms so they knew what they were looking for.

The photos I mentioned above are over and above what I remember CIC asking for.

Tip!
When doing these kind of admin things my wife and I always have a bunch of passport photos to hand in case you are asked for any out of the blue.
Old Oct 25th 2012, 12:40 am
Waiting for medicals

mmm... I can't quite remember what was requested on the CIC supplied medical instructions sheet (it's at home and I'm offshore on the North Sea) but on viewing the website where we had our medical it advised us to take Four passport type photos. So we did.

As mentioned earlier. The medical request forms sent by CIC have photos attached already and are over stamped by CIC. Incidentally when booking the medicals by phone the lady specifically asked if we had photos attached and stamped by CIC to our forms so they knew what they were looking for.

The photos I mentioned above are over and above what CIC asked for.
When doing these kind of admin things my wife and I always have a bunch of passport photos to hand in case you are asked for any out of the blue.
Ahh bless you james .. you are great help!
Old Oct 25th 2012, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

Asabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the rough

Ok Guys, not sure if everyone is being asked for the same updated forms, what a pain.
CIC would like us to re-submit _
New App for Perm Res IMM0008
New Schedule A Background
New Additional Family Information
New Travel Form IMM5562E
and Right of Permanent Fee
I hope I can remember all the information and dates of travel that I put on theses forms nearly 3 years ago. Im guessing everyone is being asked the same.
yes I did these forms about 1 month going "in process" but no medicals yet! luckily I had the old forms so I just copied it. and ofcourse they didn't asked for right of permanet fee.
Old Oct 25th 2012, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

Asabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by unusual78
Hang in there Asabani!
what else can we do unsual78? its really frustrating. I hope Canada worth the wait after all this!
Old Oct 25th 2012, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

Bloody bonkers! As we know CIC do get things wrong (check my timeline). I'm beginning to wonder if CIC have introduced new staff to help process the old backlog and they are suffering from lack of experience at present

Hopefully, in your case, they will see the error of their ways and back off on the boys medicals. I just don't get why they would want medicals for the boys when they are clearly not going. If they applied at a later date they would have to get their own medicals anyway.
Exactly! It just doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Hopefully CIC will soon come to the same conclusion. If not, I will scream. Very, very loud.
Old Oct 25th 2012, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

Ok Guys, not sure if everyone is being asked for the same updated forms, what a pain.
CIC would like us to re-submit _
New App for Perm Res IMM0008
New Schedule A Background
New Additional Family Information
New Travel Form IMM5562E
and Right of Permanent Fee
I hope I can remember all the information and dates of travel that I put on theses forms nearly 3 years ago. Im guessing everyone is being asked the same.
Oh yes, we were asked for the same stuff...and, according to our immigration consultant, they want EVERYTHING filled in the same way you did in the initial application - same wording, etc. Bit of a nightmare. A lot, actually. Also, whenever I started to fill in the forms they could not be amended once I had saved and closed them, that was a total nightmare.
Old Oct 25th 2012, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Big congratulations to bongobrad
Hope to be in the same position soon
Old Oct 25th 2012, 7:53 pm
All Sooked up!

Talking Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Ladies & Gents of Aug/Sep 2010 AOR

Today, I have reached a small milestone in my quest to become a PR of Canada.

This post will be my 1000th post on BE.com
Who better to share it with than all those in our little AOR Aug/Sep 2010 group

james.mc
BE Forum Addict

Hopefully Sooke Area, BC - March 2013
Old Oct 25th 2012, 10:53 pm
Waiting for medicals

Originally Posted by Asabani
what else can we do unsual78? its really frustrating. I hope Canada worth the wait after all this!
We have to decide if its worth it or not .. and if it is then its also worth waiting for - It's what you make of it I suppose!

I suggest going on with life as normal and not putting anything on hold - Today is most important so live it to the fullest - we will cross the bridge when we get there.
Old Oct 25th 2012, 10:59 pm
Waiting for medicals

[QUOTE=james.mc;10350588]Ladies & Gents of Aug/Sep 2010 AOR

Today, I have reached a small milestone in my quest to become a PR of Canada.

This post will be my 1000th post on BE.com

Small milestone? haha .. you have put all the rest of us to shame!
Old Oct 25th 2012, 10:59 pm
Waiting for medicals

Originally Posted by graham and george
Big congratulations to bongobrad
Hope to be in the same position soon
Hang in there mate .. This cant go on forever!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.