Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Wikiposts

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Apr 4th 2012, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by Kaye5
From another thread... medical requests were requested by LMBrian (AOR 29.04.2011). NOC still on the "List" (electrician).

I'm also wondering what "review" of the List of 38 will mean.... there's a lot of positive thinking on other threads. I'm not sure I share it. If June 2012 "deadline" really does mean finalised and not just... (what?), our FSW1 app will be decided before our PNP one.
I expect they'll determine whether you're eligible but no med's issued for many etc. I don't reckon they'll achieve the June date though.
Old Apr 4th 2012, 9:39 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

I did read (somewhere) that those involved with immigration requirements have identified a need for more construction trade based immigrants, so we might see traditional construction vocations stay on, or be added back onto, the NOC 38 list.

This is somewhat of a reversal over the 2011 approach during which CIC reduced the number of construction tradespersons eligible to apply. It seems, at the time, this caught the construction industry off guard and not long after a consultation group was set up to investigate future requirements for the construction industry.

I'm kind of hoping that will mean mine (NOC 0711 - Construction Manager) will be added back after being dropped off in 2010, just after we applied.

What still bothers me is that after June, and as the pre Feb 2008 applicants have recently been shelved, we then become the applicants with the oldest files in the system and could be easily deemed as 'no longer meeting the immediate labour needs of Canada'.
Later this year if they still find they cannot cope we are the next ones in line that could be 'culled' to reduce the backlog!

Last edited by james.mc; Apr 4th 2012 at 9:55 pm.
Old Apr 4th 2012, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

Very many reasons MI1 wont be culled, primarily as it was Kenny who issued MI1, never doubt, Kenny has one eye on the PM's job, he wont undemine himself.
To be honest, i cant see the MI1 baklog lasting more than another 12 months, Med requests seem to be coming for mod to late 2010 AOR's with the odd 2011 creeping in.
I would expect a big shakeup in June, maybe put a hold on FSW1 apps, only accept Those with job offers. It may sound drastic, but it would fit with the noises coming from CIC.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 12:50 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sdo1982
Very many reasons MI1 wont be culled, primarily as it was Kenny who issued MI1, never doubt, Kenny has one eye on the PM's job, he wont undemine himself.
I really wouldn't be so sure
Old Apr 5th 2012, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

Salmanizak is an unknown quantity at this point

I have noticed too many refusals among the applicants of year 2009 and start 2010 - for whom visa officer reviews have been completed . . . . . . And in my personal view, many of these refusals appear totally unrealistic . . . . . .
Old Apr 5th 2012, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

99problems will become famous soon enough99problems will become famous soon enough

Well the easiest way to churn them down is to turn them down, albeit there are a large number of foreign apps that were referred to London as a result of fraud prevalence at overseas visa offices so these are probably being rightfully turned down.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

Wasnt ot 70%+ od MI2 applications were rejected?
I suspect 99 is right regarding the applicants origins.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 99problems
Well the easiest way to churn them down is to turn them down, albeit there are a large number of foreign apps that were referred to London as a result of fraud prevalence at overseas visa offices so these are probably being rightfully turned down.
I belong to Pakistan, thus one of those countries from where FSW applications were directed to London instead of our local visa office. My fair analysis says that very unfortunately the fraudulent and undeserving applicants are perhaps getting through while I have found many genuine/deserving applicants amongst the rejected ones - this is indeed very very sad and deceiving

Now personally speaking, I had vowed to include each and every bit of information truly about myself and my family, and that also 100% truthfully . . . . I did that in preparing my application; perhaps one of the most detailed and accurate application London visa office might have received - and I am sure about this but not sure about outcomes of the review why so with deserving people?
Old Apr 5th 2012, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Dont panic the truth is people usually take to the internet forums when something goes wrong, so we see a lot of bias on here. CIC are not inherently evil, nor do they reject applications simply to clear a backlog (ignore pre MI1 applications as that was a thinly desguised political move), the statistics show that MI2 and MI3 have huge rejection rates, its just that there are more MI1 applications, so a similar percentage of rejections represents a bigger number of applications! And yes, i suspect a large percentage of the percentage of rejections will come from visa offices that were closed due to them letting fradulant applications through.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sdo1982
Dont panic the truth is people usually take to the internet forums when something goes wrong, so we see a lot of bias on here. CIC are not inherently evil, nor do they reject applications simply to clear a backlog (ignore pre MI1 applications as that was a thinly desguised political move), the statistics show that MI2 and MI3 have huge rejection rates, its just that there are more MI1 applications, so a similar percentage of rejections represents a bigger number of applications! And yes, i suspect a large percentage of the percentage of rejections will come from visa offices that were closed due to them letting fradulant applications through.
First time ever in around 2 years now that I am starting to think about Australia . . . . ...
Old Apr 5th 2012, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

99problems will become famous soon enough99problems will become famous soon enough

Salman - I hope you are wrong, but we all just have to ride whatever the system throws out - the one thing it doesn't seem to deliver is fairness. I know what you mean about Oz - we are now thinking about spending a year or two in the Middle East waiting for Canada - at least then its a plan and we're not just on hold here in UK.
Old Apr 7th 2012, 11:01 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

We're a bit like that.... living here in Portugal wondering of we should start cataloguing/packing all our stuff in anticipation of some kind of progress being made with our application. In fact we have packed some stuff just to kick the process off, but nothing inn earnest yet.
I can imagine us all packed up.. empty house ready to move and no action from CIC.
We are in rented accommodation, no kids, so not overly stressed on making the move at short notice. I would never withdraw my application.. just let it run it's course and see what transpires.

I actually got a little excited when we first went 'into process' but as we all find out it was false hope as it meant nothing and was later dubbed (by myself and others) as 'false process'. I remember a time when going into process meant real progress.
Old Apr 7th 2012, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

Yes life is compartmentalized into mini adventures. I fly to Dubai week after next with interviews arranged there, Qatar and Bahrain. Barmy. Will have to sell flat and car and partner to follow me. At least it makes us more flexible for the final move and hopefully make some more money in the meantime.
Old Apr 8th 2012, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 99problems
Will have to sell flat and car and partner
Old Apr 8th 2012, 12:16 pm
All Sooked up!

No, really.. I read that as... Will have to sell the flat and car. Partner to follow (as in joining later) ... not selling the partner also!

If I got it wrong please don't let her know

Last edited by james.mc; Apr 8th 2012 at 12:18 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.