Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Wikiposts

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old May 1st 2012, 7:04 am
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by unusual78
Our address disappeared yesterday and came back today. There has been change inside the 'in process' area as follows:

We received your application for permanent residence on February 25, 2010.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on April 1, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the London England office on April 7, 2010. The London England office may contact you.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on April 25, 2012.
Sorry, i have to ask, what do you mean you lost your address? All i have is "in progress", do I have a different page to check my progress to you?
Old May 1st 2012, 7:36 am
Rockies bound hopefully

gandalff is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fletcher m
Sorry, i have to ask, what do you mean you lost your address? All i have is "in progress", do I have a different page to check my progress to you?
Hi,
above the "In Process" link that you click to find the more detailed information there should be a section headed "Your Current Mailing Address"

Hugh
Old May 1st 2012, 7:41 am
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gandalff
Hi,
above the "In Process" link that you click to find the more detailed information there should be a section headed "Your Current Mailing Address"

Hugh
Just checked that again, nothing like that on my page? Perhaps, depending on the submission date, you get different page showing the status. Thanks for replying.
Old May 2nd 2012, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

Hi all,

as stated last week we had the letter saying that they viewed our application and we are eligible, but that the call to do medicals could be 6-12 months away. Just checked ecas and they added this to it. Thought I'd let you all know, not sure what it means but don't think it's important. However, I guess you could say that we are now "officially" inn process.

We received your application for permanent residence on March 11, 2010.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on May 4, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the London England office on May 11, 2010. The London England office may contact you.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on April 24, 2012.
Old May 2nd 2012, 9:29 pm
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by anunlikelyunion
Hi all,

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on April 24, 2012.[/I]
Bravo! .. we have had the same update .. fingers crossed now for medicals .. hopefully the new changes coming in July 12 wont affect us and our files will be seen through to completion.
Old May 2nd 2012, 10:39 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

No update for us yet, but I am genuinely pleased to see that, finally, our group seems to be making some headway.
I'm sure we'll get some news, one way or another, soon enough.

Talking of groups from certain timelines. Has anyone else noticed that not long after our Aug/Sep AOR group was set up no further groups such as ours seem to have formed.

All I can see is:
Docs to London Sept 2010 onwards - anyone got AOR?
The 2011 FSW timeline club

Which a far more general (time wise) than our Aug/Sep 2010 'two month' group.

These days it definitely feels like more of a general 'free for all' than the friendly club like feeling we've had for the last couple of years. I have to say that, in the absence of feedback from CIC, or a CIC London helpline, being part of the Aug/Sep AOR group has been a great way of keeping tabs with progress. Not too sure the same might apply for a group as general as (say) The 2011 FSW timeline club.

I guess soon enough this thread will fade away into oblivion... an era passed.
Old May 2nd 2012, 10:46 pm
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by james.mc
No update for us yet,
I guess soon enough this thread will fade away into oblivion... an era passed.
James I have high hope for you to get an update any day now

We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope (Martin Luther King, Jr.)
Old May 3rd 2012, 1:45 am
Waiting for medicals

Dear all who have recieved the 6-12 months wait letter - read below - this is reply to a case specific enquiry sent to Singapore CHC. Interesting indeed

April 27, 2012, 02:11:35 am »

Dear Ms XXXXX,

Thank you for your enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in Singapore.

We are pleased to advise you that your application has been assessed, and that you have been determined to meet the eligibility requirements of the Federal Skilled Worker category.

As you may already be aware, changes to immigration law in 2008 allow Citizenship & Immigration Canada (CIC) to set, through Ministerial Instructions, the number and type of applications considered for processing each year, and the order in which these applications will be processed. You may wish to consult this page for more information on the Ministerial Instructions: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/index.asp

Your application was determined to be eligible under the first set of Ministerial Instructions, as it was received between February 28, 2008 and June 25, 2010. A second set of Ministerial Instructions applies to applications received between June 26, 2010 and June 30, 2011. Processing priority is now being given to Skilled Worker applications that meet the eligibility criteria in a third set of Ministerial Instructions, for applications received from July 1, 2011.

The number of Federal Skilled Worker applications approved by the Singapore visa office has exceeded the visa target we have been allocated for this category under Canada's annual Immigration Levels Plan. We are carefully managing the finalization of applications to ensure that the applicants with skills and work experience that meet current labour market needs - i.e. those who applied under the most recent set of Ministerial Instructions - are issued visas on a priority basis. For applications received under earlier sets of Ministerial Instructions, we will proceed with the final steps of processing (e.g. medical examination, statutory checks) only when we have sufficient target space to be able to issue visas in the coming year.

Applications received under the first set of Ministerial instructions will be processed to finalization on the basis of when they were received. Applicants who applied earlier (from February 27, 2008 onward) will be contacted before those who applied later (up to June 25, 2010). When we are ready to continue processing your application, we will contact you with instructions. Until then, the only information you are required to provide to our office is:

- Change of address or contact information, including email address

- Marriage, birth, or death in the applicant's immediate family

- Request to withdraw the application and refund the application fees

- Submission of an Arranged Employment Opinion approved by Human Resources and Social Development Canada

- Change to the applicant's representation (to engage, change, or revoke a paid representative, the form IMM 5476 Use of a Representative must be completed and signed by the applicant, then sent to our office)

In all correspondence with our office, remember to quote the applicant's file number, full name and date of birth.

We hope this information will be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section | Section d'immigration
High Commission of Canada | Haut Commissariat du Canada
Singapore | Singapour

Facsimile | Télécopieur : (65) 6854-5874
E-mail Address | Adresse courriel : Singapore-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca
Website | Site Web : www.cic.gc.ca | www.singapore.gc.ca
Street Address | Adresse de rue: One George Street, #11-01, Singapore 049145
Mailing Address | Adresse d'expédition : P.O. Box 845, Robinson Road, Singapore 901645
Old May 3rd 2012, 9:01 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure what to make of that. It still seems that, where CIC are concerned, the later you apply the greater priority for processing you get!

Just trying to rack my brains as to any other system that applies that logic?

There would soon be a lot of disgruntled customers if (say) one applied to a bank to open a bank account and inquired a few weeks later as to what is happening with the processing of your application, only to be told that hundreds of people applied after you and they have been given processing priority as 'their banking habits better suits the current needs of the bank'. Please don't contact our customer services department again unless your personal circumstances change or you to wish to withdraw your application.

or

..... if (say) one applied to the IBC for a new BC driving licence and inquired a few weeks later as to what is happening with the processing of your application only to be told that hundreds of people applied after you and they have been given priority as their later driving qualifications 'better suits the current needs of driving on the roads in BC'. Please don't contact our customer services department again unless your personal circumstances change or you to wish to withdraw your application.

one could go on.......

I guess CIC do seem to be squeezing down on caps, on a MI by MI basis, and this must be helping our cause, although way too late for those pre Feb 27 2008 applicants.
Old May 4th 2012, 4:41 am
Banned

Not sure what to make of that. It still seems that, where CIC are concerned, the later you apply the greater priority for processing you get!

There would soon be a lot of disgruntled customers if (say) one applied to a bank to open a bank account and inquired a few weeks later as to what is happening with the processing of your application, only to be told that hundreds of people applied after you and they have been given processing priority as 'their banking habits better suits the current needs of the bank'. Please don't contact our customer services department again unless your personal circumstances change or you to wish to withdraw your application.

or

..... if (say) one applied to the IBC for a new BC driving licence and inquired a few weeks later as to what is happening with the processing of your application only to be told that hundreds of people applied after you and they have been given priority as their later driving qualifications 'better suits the current needs of driving on the roads in BC'. Please don't contact our customer services department again unless your personal circumstances change or you to wish to withdraw your application.

one could go on.......

I guess CIC do seem to be squeezing down on caps, on a MI by MI basis, and this must be helping our cause, although way too late for those pre Feb 27 2008 applicants.
It distills down to this - the latest list (1 Jul 11) is the most up to date information of skill gaps required to bolster their economy/ fill skills gap.

Assuming that the next list changes, at some point that will take priority.
Old May 7th 2012, 1:15 am
All Sooked up!

Originally Posted by fletcher m
It distills down to this - the latest list (1 Jul 11) is the most up to date information of skill gaps required to bolster their economy/ fill skills gap.

Assuming that the next list changes, at some point that will take priority.
Which might work in my favour, he wrote with a small sense of selfish hope welling up, but that wasn't my point.

When we applied in 2010 we were operating under the most up to date information at that time, yet the delay in processing was imposed by CIC, not us.
We, and thousands like us, can't help it if we meet the criteria demanded at the time, yet the country that needs those skills doesn't have the resources to process applications to get them in.
Result = backlog
Solution= Dump a bunch of applicants off the system and, all but, ignore earlier applications in favour of later applicants.
PR statement required for case specific inquiries= Better suits the needs of the current labour market.
Immigration policy = Sorted!

Oh! Canada Oh! Canada

Monday morning rant over.

Last edited by james.mc; May 7th 2012 at 1:18 am.
Old May 7th 2012, 2:38 am
Forum Regular

S.Beckett has a spectacular aura aboutS.Beckett has a spectacular aura aboutS.Beckett has a spectacular aura about

Which might work in my favour, he wrote with a small sense of selfish hope welling up, but that wasn't my point.

When we applied in 2010 we were operating under the most up to date information at that time, yet the delay in processing was imposed by CIC, not us.
We, and thousands like us, can't help it if we meet the criteria demanded at the time, yet the country that needs those skills doesn't have the resources to process applications to get them in.
Result = backlog
Solution= Dump a bunch of applicants off the system and, all but, ignore earlier applications in favour of later applicants.
PR statement required for case specific inquiries= Better suits the needs of the current labour market.
Immigration policy = Sorted!

Oh! Canada Oh! Canada

Monday morning rant over.
I quite enjoyed your rant!
Old May 7th 2012, 2:46 am
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

or

one could go on.......

As well as today's rant, this made me chuckle too. It's a bloody joke, innit!!??!

Really hoping things start moving for you soon
Old May 7th 2012, 10:01 pm
All Sooked up!

Originally Posted by misskatpaw
As well as today's rant, this made me chuckle too. It's a bloody joke, innit!!??!

Really hoping things start moving for you soon
Wow! Things have moved alright....

Just had an E-CAS update this morning.

We transferred your application to the London England office on March 30, 2010. The London England office may contact you.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on May 2, 2012.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.
By any normal CIC standards (if they exist these days)... no prior med requests or request for further information, means 'Rejected'.

I guess the real truth will be known when the letter drops into our post box!

By way of a positive note all I have to say is that finally a decision has been made.

I'll know in a few days which way to proceed next. If it's bad news we'll likely be lining up a BC Business PNP application which, in hindsight, we should have done two years ago!

Last edited by james.mc; May 7th 2012 at 10:27 pm.
Old May 7th 2012, 11:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

A lot of ecas updates today, so it might be a glitch.
As you say, at least its an update and you can now pick a direction to take, its the not knowing thats the killer!
Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.