Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Wikiposts

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Jun 4th 2013, 8:30 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by woz718
We (well our consultant) sent a notification of change of address and job to CIC at the beginning of May with an enquiry as to progress as we were also in the 6-12 month wait category, and we still haven't heard a dicky bird. I am waiting for the letter others seems to have received stating don't contact us for 18 months but it's not arrived yet. To be honest, not too bothered at this stage as we've just applied Oz instead. State sponsorship takes 3 weeks to process and immigration 6 months - go figure!! Maybe the canadians could learn a lesson or 2 from our antipodean friends... What's annoyed me is they have sat on our money for 3.5 years now based on a timescale which was initially 9-12 months and we're now stuck in the queue with no way of getting our funds back....ah well the wait continues.
Good luck with the Oz application Canada's loss!
Old Jun 4th 2013, 8:39 am
Just Joined

SA73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by james.mc
Welcome

Like you have an option to be continually patient and understanding?
JamesMC .....exactly! So tired of this whole process!

Last edited by SA73; Jun 4th 2013 at 8:43 am.
Old Jun 4th 2013, 8:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by woz718
We (well our consultant) sent a notification of change of address and job to CIC at the beginning of May with an enquiry as to progress as we were also in the 6-12 month wait category, and we still haven't heard a dicky bird. I am waiting for the letter others seems to have received stating don't contact us for 18 months but it's not arrived yet. To be honest, not too bothered at this stage as we've just applied Oz instead. State sponsorship takes 3 weeks to process and immigration 6 months - go figure!! Maybe the canadians could learn a lesson or 2 from our antipodean friends... What's annoyed me is they have sat on our money for 3.5 years now based on a timescale which was initially 9-12 months and we're now stuck in the queue with no way of getting our funds back....ah well the wait continues.
Well at least your consultant bother to reply to you/do something...ours didn't even think it was worth his time to reply to an email asking to find out what is going on! We then decided to send a case specific email...only took them 8 days to respond!
Old Jun 4th 2013, 8:45 am
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by james.mc
Oops! You beat me to the quote on the edit I did

How about:

Dear CIC

We thank you for continually extending the timelines and helping people lose their patience with the whole process.
Hahaha.. Or just Dear CIC thank you for nothing!
Old Jun 4th 2013, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

Welcome SA73! :-))

And what can I say that hasn't been said already. I might take James' advice and send them a random police certificate and updated proof of funds just so they have to open my file to put it in..............
Old Jun 4th 2013, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

And you were right my email does mention 18 months too. I must have just refused to absorb the info!

"At this time, we do not expect to make a final decision on your application until 2014. Please do not make case status enquiries for the next 18 months, as our resources are devoted to case processing and we will not be able to answer routine enquiries."

I take it this is the same as everyone elses. I'll add it to my ever increasing timeline! ;-)
Old Jun 4th 2013, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by kat-b
And you were right my email does mention 18 months too. I must have just refused to absorb the info!

"At this time, we do not expect to make a final decision on your application until 2014. Please do not make case status enquiries for the next 18 months, as our resources are devoted to case processing and we will not be able to answer routine enquiries."

I take it this is the same as everyone elses. I'll add it to my ever increasing timeline! ;-)
Yep - that's what mine says, Kat.

Two years ago I would have read this in a more positive light, expecting that they just put that to stop enquiries for some cases that dragged on, and that most would be processed much quicker, but now... meh
Old Jun 4th 2013, 8:01 pm
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kat-b
Welcome SA73! :-))

And what can I say that hasn't been said already. I might take James' advice and send them a random police certificate and updated proof of funds just so they have to open my file to put it in..............
Nice one Kat .. I took James advice and have done the same .. sent 'updated proof of settlement funds' on 10th May (got email request from CHC London on 3rd May for it) and now again this morning
Old Jun 4th 2013, 8:02 pm
Waiting for medicals

Originally Posted by SA73
Well at least your consultant bother to reply to you/do something...ours didn't even think it was worth his time to reply to an email asking to find out what is going on! We then decided to send a case specific email...only took them 8 days to respond!
Welcome!

Sack the consultant.
Old Jun 4th 2013, 10:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by unusual78
Welcome!

Sack the consultant.
haha...too late...already took all the money for his 'services' when we started this epic saga in 2010. Would just never recommend him to anyone!
Old Jun 5th 2013, 2:16 am
Waiting for medicals

Originally Posted by witchileiz
Yep - that's what mine says, Kat.

Two years ago I would have read this in a more positive light, expecting that they just put that to stop enquiries for some cases that dragged on, and that most would be processed much quicker, but now... meh
Two years ago they wrote 'processing will take 8 - 12 months - do not send CSI during this time'

then last year 'do not contact us for 8 - 12 months'

and now ' send updated documents and do not contact us for 18 months'

wonder how much interest CIC are making with all the moonies from applications fee sitting in their account!

they have started taking new applications only last month - so what high number of applications are they having to deal with .. this is all a big fat JOKE

Last edited by unusual78; Jun 5th 2013 at 2:19 am.
Old Jun 5th 2013, 2:41 am
Just Joined

Billysplinter is an unknown quantity at this point

Good god how sad to read everyone in same boat! Haven't been on here for some time as I felt it depressing that so many people are desperate to change their lives and CIC are just useless at processing. We have been waiting since June 2010 had the in process letter 12 months ago, emailed and wrote to the Minister of Immigration in April complaining, got a bog standard fob off letter a few weeks ago. Today to the "send us new copies of application, do not intact for 18months but will be progressed in 2014"....what does ths mean? Why are new forms required? Are we any closer to medicals? I honestly didn't hint that our lives would be on hold for this long, it's so tiring and frustrating.
Old Jun 5th 2013, 2:44 am
Waiting for medicals

Originally Posted by Billysplinter
Good god how sad to read everyone in same boat! Haven't been on here for some time as I felt it depressing that so many people are desperate to change their lives and CIC are just useless at processing. We have been waiting since June 2010 had the in process letter 12 months ago, emailed and wrote to the Minister of Immigration in April complaining, got a bog standard fob off letter a few weeks ago. Today to the "send us new copies of application, do not intact for 18months but will be progressed in 2014"....what does ths mean? Why are new forms required? Are we any closer to medicals? I honestly didn't hint that our lives would be on hold for this long, it's so tiring and frustrating.
Welcome to the Jungle .. the Lion is busy asking others to wait and wait and wait
Old Jun 5th 2013, 2:47 am
Just Joined

Billysplinter is an unknown quantity at this point

What updated forms did you have to send in 2012? We've been asked to send application, background, travels forms, and passport pages again?
Old Jun 5th 2013, 2:48 am
Waiting for medicals

Originally Posted by Billysplinter
What updated forms did you have to send in 2012? We've been asked to send application, background, travels forms, and passport pages again?
all of the above plus new photo's, RPRF and PC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.