Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Jun 5th 2013, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

Billysplinter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Did you have gaps in application? Is that why you have been asked again? Or was it a case of sending everything again that you had already supplied? We send PC with our application to London with proof of settlement funds so just wondering if there are differences? Are you hopeful for request of medicals? How are you feeling about the whole process? Other than fed up!
Old Jun 5th 2013, 2:55 pm
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Billysplinter
Did you have gaps in application? Is that why you have been asked again? Or was it a case of sending everything again that you had already supplied? We send PC with our application to London with proof of settlement funds so just wondering if there are differences? Are you hopeful for request of medicals? How are you feeling about the whole process? Other than fed up!
We are enjoying life to the fullest here in London .. no gaps sent everything in July 10 and been asked for all again in Oct 12 .. we have been hopeful since last 3 years so you can suss our feelings

I'd suggest read all the posts here for the last 4 months or so .. picture will become much clearer
Old Jun 5th 2013, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Billysplinter
Good god how sad to read everyone in same boat! Haven't been on here for some time as I felt it depressing that so many people are desperate to change their lives and CIC are just useless at processing. We have been waiting since June 2010 had the in process letter 12 months ago, emailed and wrote to the Minister of Immigration in April complaining, got a bog standard fob off letter a few weeks ago. Today to the "send us new copies of application, do not intact for 18months but will be progressed in 2014"....what does ths mean? Why are new forms required? Are we any closer to medicals? I honestly didn't hint that our lives would be on hold for this long, it's so tiring and frustrating.
Hi BillyS - welcome to our little group of people who just can't let go! God, if this was a relationship - it would be deemed abusive...

The trouble is none of us knows what is going on in CIC with applications. You can check out other forums and see there are hundreds of people trying to figure out a pattern to explain things... but no pattern emerges. IT could be as simple as whose desk your application gathers dust on...

We sent our updated docs off a few weeks ago. I am most definitely not holding my breath. As you can see, Unusual sent updated docs last year too, and still no movement. 'Frustrating' is not even close....

I am personally now aiming for next Spring (still shocks me when I think about how I felt back in June 2010). After that, I think it will be adios. Life goes on and I am not going to miss it waiting around for 'tomorrow'.

Nevertheless, it would be nice to see this come to a (good) conclusion at some point in the near future.
Old Jun 5th 2013, 3:07 pm
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by witchileiz
Hi BillyS - welcome to our little group of people who just can't let go! God, if this was a relationship - it would be deemed abusive...

Nevertheless, it would be nice to see this come to a (good) conclusion at some point in the near future.
Old Jun 5th 2013, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

Hi witchileiz, it makes me soooo mad to see how crap this system really is. Hundreds of people in a position to go with funds and skills, like trying to get through a locked cell door! Looks like I will be sending the updated docs and same as you wait till spring to see if there is movement. It's hard wondering where your life will lead you, especially when you feel it's been on hold for 3yrs! Even more difficult when daughter is growing up fast, she was 8 when we did our visit to Ontario and made the decision, she's 12 this year and about to start high school...one experience I ad hoped for in Canada!
Old Jun 5th 2013, 3:19 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Normally when they ask for updated background information it's because the information supplied is out of date (my son had to send his 3 times) - if you consider that your application may have been sent in 2-3 (or more) years prior, it's understandable that they wish to ensure they have current information.

However, once they have that it's normally a sign that things are fairly imminent as it's generally one of the last things to be done.

Old Jun 5th 2013, 3:20 pm
Waiting for medicals

Originally Posted by siouxie
Normally when they ask for updated background information it's because the information supplied is out of date (my son had to send his 3 times) - if you consider that your application may have been sent in 2-3 (or more) years prior, it's understandable that they wish to ensure they have current information.

However, once they have that it's normally a sign that things are fairly imminent as it's one of the last things to be done.

you mean last thing to be done before they close the file again for the next 18 months? .. only to ask for updated information all over again!
Old Jun 5th 2013, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

Cool Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

However, once they have that it's normally a sign that things are fairly imminent as it's generally one of the last things to be done.

Thanks for words of encoragement but have to agree that I don't think it's anywhere near the last thing. I just think whole process is a shambles and it's luck of the draw...or should I say pick from out of mountain of applications that are poorly organised and managed.
Old Jun 5th 2013, 3:43 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Siouxie has it right and even though it is not your fault, the information you submitted originally becomes outdated and must be brought up to date for the background checks. A sad commentary indeed but ot something visa officers can control.
Old Jun 5th 2013, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Siouxie has it right and even though it is not your fault, the information you submitted originally becomes outdated and must be brought up to date for the background checks. A sad commentary indeed but ot something visa officers can control.
Hi Jim, I know exactly what you and Siouxie are saying and thanks for the input, but wouldn't it be more helpful to applicants if the correspondence detailed these simple answers for needing more information? Rather than applicants having to search for these on forums such as this. I would feel much more informed if the letter said " send xxxx docs as your documents are now out of date and we require updated information" I take the timescales with a pinch of salt now! Nevertheless I solider on with the hope and fight of becoming a Canadian one day!
Old Jun 5th 2013, 6:54 pm
Waiting for medicals

Have a read folks .. A rise in citizenship applications and a process some say has become too complicated have created a growing backlog of permanent residents awaiting word on whether they can become Canadian citizens.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa...p-backlog.html

I feel its safe to say that there is NO light at the end of this tunnel!
Old Jun 5th 2013, 6:57 pm
Waiting for medicals

JamesMC any comments?

Information on above link basically withholds the democratic rights of tax-paying immigrants who have built their lives, families and careers in Canada and it does so with no explanation or forewarning. It imposes travel hardships, employment constraints and years of uncertainty. Additionally, the growing backlog and lengthening delays leaves people vulnerable to an arbitrary mass elimination of in-process applications, as happened with the CIC’s wipe-out of almost 100,000 Federal Skilled Worker applications that had been in the queue for 4 years or more.

The idea that immigrants may become citizens after three years of permanent residence must be tempered with the reality that processing times can double or triple that time frame.

Last edited by unusual78; Jun 5th 2013 at 7:05 pm.
Old Jun 5th 2013, 7:03 pm
Waiting for medicals

Ottawa's tightened scrutiny of citizenship applications means a nine-year wait from some immigrants

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2...p_process.html
Old Jun 5th 2013, 7:22 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by unusual78
Ottawa's tightened scrutiny of citizenship applications means a nine-year wait from some immigrants

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2...p_process.html
I wouldn't worry about it. By the time you have qualified (timewise) for Citizenship it will all have changed again.

Old Jun 5th 2013, 7:25 pm
Waiting for medicals

I wouldn't worry about it. By the time you have qualified (timewise) for Citizenship it will all have changed again.

Changed to 18 years? Just can't believe that this is how business is conducted in the 'promised land' .. Is it possible to delay paying taxes too hahhaa?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.