Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Wikiposts

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old May 10th 2013, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Well our visa journey came to an end yesterday when we got our COPR

We collected in person at MacDonald House, was dead easy!

We then felt it appropriate to head to the Maple Leaf pub in London to celebrate!

Flights booked for May 30, so I guess that's when things are finally at an end when we land

I don't need to tell ANYONE on this thread what a ****in mental journey this has been, but thankfully we're done!

I wish everyone all the best for the future and will pop back from time to time

Last edited by scotty1974; May 10th 2013 at 5:30 am.
Old May 10th 2013, 6:08 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kat-b
Thanks James Mc! :-)) yeah I was originally on another thread or two, maybe even a different one on this forum but this one definitely seemed to click with me. I'm sure some others on different threads migrated with me as I've been seeing the same names for years too! :-)) all hanging in there!!
Good stuff.... It'll happen!

Originally Posted by heading-west
James :-)
I'm so happy for you that you finally made it to BC! congrats!

My step daughter could have declined to have the medical but as Jim pointed out she would forfeit her right to apply for sponsorship at a later date. she would have to apply under her own steam.

The system is nuts and its hard to beleive that its around 3 years since we all applied. I really thought we would be done and dusted in 6-9 months!!!!

We took a gamble which thankfully paid off and we have been here 18 months now. I Love raising my chickens and turkeys. We keep bees and love the woodlands and way of life here. rural living suits us very well :-)
Its not been without its challenges, but we remain positive.

I wrote an ebook since I got here...settlement resources were few so I figured my experience would help others to get the best out of moving to Canada. check my sig below for the link ;-)
I'm please you guys have settled in so well. It's great to see some positive experiences in this thread. It'll give others still waiting a better feeling about why they are doing all this.
If someone asks me if life looks and feels better here than the country we moved from, I would say most definitely. No doubt about that in my mind at all. But then we do live on an Island
There is far more long term potential here for those that wish to develop a better life and/or raise a family maybe start a new business Would I move back to Europe again ever? Not a chance in hell!!

Originally Posted by scotty1974
Nice one Scotty!

Yet another COPR issued and a greater chance for others to be looked at and follow suit!

Oh by the way... it's sunny and 18 degrees outside... what the hell am I doing inside on my PC I ask myself? Good question!!

I'm heading out to hack up (with a trimmer and a chain saw) some more undergrowth/brush before the wood chipper gets delivered tomorrow
Old May 10th 2013, 6:11 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Quote I wrote an ebook since I got here...settlement resources were few so I figured my experience would help others to get the best out of moving to Canada. check my sig below for the link ;-)End Quote

Always helpful to get advice from the doers who did it!
Old May 10th 2013, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

We then felt it appropriate to head to the Maple Leaf pub in London to celebrate!

Flights booked for May 30, so I guess that's when things are finally at an end when we land

I don't need to tell ANYONE on this thread what a ****in mental journey this has been, but thankfully we're done!

Bet that was the best beer you have ever had
Old May 10th 2013, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

Amazing!! Congrats again :-) and you get to move there in time for summer! :-)) where are you moving to again?
Old May 10th 2013, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

Asabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the rough

well done Scotty all the best.
Old May 10th 2013, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by graham and george
Bet that was the best beer you have ever had
How did you guess

Kat b, we're heading to Toronto, my wife has some contacts for work there and I'm a big Blue Jays fan so she had no choice
Old May 11th 2013, 2:04 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

How did you guess

Kat b, we're heading to Toronto, my wife has some contacts for work there and I'm a big Blue Jays fan so she had no choice
What? Blue Jays!!?? Get outa here!

You should at least consider Vancouver and support a top team (well next year maybe) in a real Canadian sport! Go Cannucks!

Your wife can always get more contacts for work in BC
Old May 11th 2013, 2:33 am
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

How did you guess

Love it! Nice and close to New York too :-)
Old May 11th 2013, 2:43 am
All Sooked up!

How did you guess

End of a long CIC journey anyway Scotty. You must be well pleased

Kat-B will miss us lot .... not for long hopefully
Old May 11th 2013, 2:44 am
All Sooked up!

Love it! Nice and close to New York too :-)
Is that a positive? We're close to Seattle... does that count?
Old May 11th 2013, 2:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by james.mc
Is that a positive? We're close to Seattle... does that count?
Of course it's a positive! Love that city! And I'm sure Seattle also counts although I've never been. Home of Hendrix and Starbucks right? ;-)

And I will miss you all, sniff! :-(
Old May 11th 2013, 3:32 am
All Sooked up!

Of course it's a positive! Love that city! And I'm sure Seattle also counts although I've never been. Home of Hendrix and Starbucks right? ;-)

And I will miss you all, sniff! :-(
We'll send you pictures

Attached is one of the log cabin we moved into earlier this year.
Attached Thumbnails AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates-house-pictures-017.jpg  

Last edited by james.mc; May 11th 2013 at 3:40 am.
Old May 11th 2013, 3:42 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by james.mc
We'll send you pictures

Attached is one of the log cabin we moved into earlier this year.
Looks amazing! <green with envy>

Old May 11th 2013, 3:47 am
All Sooked up!

Front garden and trout pond. That'll do.

Do you get more bang for your buck over here compared to UK? Yep!
Attached Thumbnails AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates-sooke-log-house-18.jpg   AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates-sooke-log-house-1.jpg  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.