Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Apr 18th 2013, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Well done scotty1974 have one for me.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

bertandernie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scotty1974
Hi folks

We received our PPR this morning!!

Can't believe it, it's finally over

Can anyone just confirm we can drop off copies of our passports at London rather than our actual passports? It doesn't mention it in the instructions?

We're going to travel to London next Thursday so we can then get our visas 2 weeks later, post to/fromIreland will just delay us

We've waited long enough after all!

Congrats scotty!!
Good to see things still moving in the group. We did the drop off in London too, really easy and gives you peace of mind.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 12:47 am
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

Eeeek new list out! Shouldnt affect us but still would be reassuring to see something resembling my current or previous current occupation on it. I am not even in the ball park! Engineer heavy. Why did I not study some kind of engineering, the rest of my family did! ;-)
Old Apr 19th 2013, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by kat-b
Eeeek new list out! Shouldnt affect us but still would be reassuring to see something resembling my current or previous current occupation on it. I am not even in the ball park! Engineer heavy. Why did I not study some kind of engineering, the rest of my family did! ;-)
I know - it does make you a little uneasy knowing this new set of MIs is about to open, and we still have not recieved Med Reqs yet.....Come ON CIC - pull yer finger out! Putting a positive spin on it...maybe this means they are confident ours will be completed soon? (Gawd please let this be the case!)
Old Apr 19th 2013, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by witchileiz
I know - it does make you a little uneasy knowing this new set of MIs is about to open, and we still have not recieved Med Reqs yet.....Come ON CIC - pull yer finger out! Putting a positive spin on it...maybe this means they are confident ours will be completed soon? (Gawd please let this be the case!)
Yes hopefully! Surely they would have just binned us by now if they were going to!
Old Apr 19th 2013, 3:38 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

I hear you Kat-B

I'd like to think that the new list will not affect anyone in this thread, but sincerely wish CIC would process based on when people applied and not some wishy washy approach of processing later applicants first because they 'better suit the needs of the current labour market'!

Still, shere is a decently smallish cap on the numbers being accepted which wil get used up pretty quickly, hopefuly allowing CIC to concentrate further on the backlog Not good news for those waiting to apply, but then again.. that's not what this thread is about

My occupation (Construction manager) was dropped off the list a few months after we applied in 2010 when the 'new list' came out. I think it was WEF 1st May 2010, but can't quite remember. It's not appeared since.

So, if I had not succeeded with my initial FSW application I would definitely have been well under way with plan 'B' by now which was BC Business Provincial Nomination. That's do-able if you have business experience, run your own company (small or large is no matter) and settle outside Vancouver (to reduce amount of net worth required) plus have some equity behind you.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

Asabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the rough

Hi folks

We received our PPR this morning!!

Can't believe it, it's finally over

Can anyone just confirm we can drop off copies of our passports at London rather than our actual passports? It doesn't mention it in the instructions?

We're going to travel to London next Thursday so we can then get our visas 2 weeks later, post to/fromIreland will just delay us

We've waited long enough after all!
Well done Scotty, really happy foer you
Old Apr 24th 2013, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Well we have sent off our updated application(pain in the back side as they have changed the application forms)
Had to send copies of our passports,just have to wait and see what happens next.
The looooooooooooong wait continues.
Old Apr 24th 2013, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by graham and george
Well we have sent off our updated application(pain in the back side as they have changed the application forms)
Had to send copies of our passports,just have to wait and see what happens next.
The looooooooooooong wait continues.
Same:-) yeah the forms were slightly different. Did you have to send anything else or just the forms and military q?
Old Apr 24th 2013, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Same:-) yeah the forms were slightly different. Did you have to send anything else or just the forms and military q?
Hi,

I didn't send military questionnaire as I have never had any military experience (the question is asked on IMM0008). I sent both the IMM0008 applications just to be on the safe side . . .
Old Apr 24th 2013, 9:41 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by graham and george
Hi,

I didn't send military questionnaire as I have never had any military experience (the question is asked on IMM0008). I sent both the IMM0008 applications just to be on the safe side . . .
No harm in sending too much information I say. They can always ignore it. Not sending enough is another matter.

During our application we sent in annual PCC's like clockwork, without them being asked for. This was done on the basis that CIC London would at least have to pull out our file to add them and throw it back on the top of the heap! Any trick in the book should be used to keep your file active/to the forefront. It may have been a mistaken belief, but had to be tried anyway.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 8:21 am
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by james.mc
No harm in sending too much information I say. They can always ignore it. Not sending enough is another matter.

During our application we sent in annual PCC's like clockwork, without them being asked for. This was done on the basis that CIC London would at least have to pull out our file to add them and throw it back on the top of the heap! Any trick in the book should be used to keep your file active/to the forefront. It may have been a mistaken belief, but had to be tried anyway.
Absolutely! Best to send anything and everything.
Old Apr 26th 2013, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about

so we dropped off copies of our passports at the embassy yesterday, went down there at 1.30pm and was first in the queue for drop-offs. by 2pm there were only about 5 people waiting, it was such a bonnie day in London yesterday I didn't mind standing around outside anyway

I was in and out in about 2 mins and was given a receipt to take back in 2 weeks to get COPR, easy as that

we have our flights booked to fly to TO on May 30
Old Apr 26th 2013, 2:30 pm
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

so we dropped off copies of our passports at the embassy yesterday, went down there at 1.30pm and was first in the queue for drop-offs. by 2pm there were only about 5 people waiting, it was such a bonnie day in London yesterday I didn't mind standing around outside anyway

I was in and out in about 2 mins and was given a receipt to take back in 2 weeks to get COPR, easy as that

Wunderba Wunderba!

ps: so jealous
Old Apr 26th 2013, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

I think a few of these are in order

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.