Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Mar 31st 2013, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
Congratulations, your nearly there, time to get those flights booked before they sky rocket.

All the very best

Drew & Family
Thank you, Drew. We're going to wait with booking flights til we've got COPR...playing it safe, as we all now CIC has a tendency to try and delay us wherever possible so we're not taking any chances. Having said that, I have already informed work! lol
Old Mar 31st 2013, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by anunlikelyunion
Thank you, Drew. We're going to wait with booking flights til we've got COPR...playing it safe, as we all now CIC has a tendency to try and delay us wherever possible so we're not taking any chances. Having said that, I have already informed work! lol
Don't you have the option of going to the embassy in person and dropping off you passports? I think then you can collect them 2 weeks later and it saves waiting on the post? I may be wrong, I was sure I read that somewhere
Old Mar 31st 2013, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

beckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by scotty1974
Don't you have the option of going to the embassy in person and dropping off you passports? I think then you can collect them 2 weeks later and it saves waiting on the post? I may be wrong, I was sure I read that somewhere
You can do that but we got our COPR just over a week after we posted our passport copies, which was acually quicker than dropping them off in person.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 4:24 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anunlikelyunion
Hi all!
Thought I'd pop back up and see how thigs are going in the trusty old 'AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates' thread

anunlikelyunion
Very wise.... Earlier this year, unbeknown to us, our COPRS had been issued but were languishing in a local Algarve courier office for a couple of weeks. We were almost at the point of declaring them lost and requesting a re-issue.... I'm sure that would have been fun! Not!

I see this thread has gone pretty quiet of late.. no posts for about 2 weeks. What's that all about folks? No news at all?

All the best
James
Old Apr 16th 2013, 4:34 pm
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by james.mc
Hi all!
Thought I'd pop back up and see how thigs are going in the trusty old 'AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates' thread

anunlikelyunion
Very wise.... Earlier this year, unbeknown to us, our COPRS had been issued but were languishing in a local Algarve courier office for a couple of weeks. We were almost at the point of declaring them lost and requesting a re-issue.... I'm sure that would have been fun! Not!

I see this thread has gone pretty quiet of late.. no posts for about 2 weeks. What's that all about folks? No news at all?

All the best
James
No news is good news James! :-)

Did send an email and were told that file is awaiting review.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by james.mc
Hi all!

anunlikelyunion

All the best
James
Hi James - good to hear from you - how you settling in?

We're still here (I know - not officially in this group - but only a few months after in applications) - approaching my 6-12 month letter anniversary - intend to have email ready to rip off to CIC a week on Sunday! Checking other forums, and anyone who applied around May/June 2010 still seem to be waiting to hear news. Still waiting, still feel like a muppet....

On a more positive note, emailed a couple of places I wanted to work (education / medical) and enquired re vacancies, explained situation, etc., and one got back to me (Camosun College) and informed me there would be suitable vacancies coming up shortly and to apply.. those vacancies are now showing on their website, so will be applying this weekend... But still in hope of movement of some kind around this time (my GCMS notes had a Bfd date of this Friday 19th). So I live in rose-tinted hope of something happening prior to possible interview, etc.

I would soooo like to be over by mid summer, to get daughter in to school for new term... Hey ho - let's see how it goes...

Are you all settled now then? House bought? Job, etc? How's it all been for you?
Old Apr 16th 2013, 5:31 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by witchileiz

We're still here (I know - not officially in this group - but only a few months after in applications) - approaching my 6-12 month letter anniversary - intend to have email ready to rip off to CIC a week on Sunday! Checking other forums, and anyone who applied around May/June 2010 still seem to be waiting to hear news. Still waiting, still feel like a muppet....

On a more positive note, emailed a couple of places I wanted to work (education / medical) and enquired re vacancies, explained situation, etc., and one got back to me (Camosun College) and informed me there would be suitable vacancies coming up shortly and to apply.. those vacancies are now showing on their website, so will be applying this weekend... But still in hope of movement of some kind around this time (my GCMS notes had a Bfd date of this Friday 19th). So I live in rose-tinted hope of something happening prior to possible interview, etc.

I would soooo like to be over by mid summer, to get daughter in to school for new term... Hey ho - let's see how it goes...

Are you all settled now then? House bought? Job, etc? How's it all been for you?
Good to hear from you witchileiz!
Sounds like you are making some headway. Best of luck with your work application.

Just heading out now. Settling in well. I don't have much time at the moment, but a short while ago updated a thread I started a while back on Driving licence exchange and combined MSP card in BC. It might be of interest to some in this thread.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=790310

I'll try and pop back later with more of an update.

Good luck
Old Apr 16th 2013, 5:55 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Just heading out now. Settling in well. I don't have much time at the moment, but a short while ago updated a thread I started a while back on Driving licence exchange and combined MSP card in BC. It might be of interest to some in this thread.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=790310

For those who do not drive, it apparently can also be issued as a useful photo ID card and MSP card.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

I know so quiet!! Well I got an email request for updated paperwork (just a new application form, travel info etc not any actual evidencing docs or police forms) about a month ago. They also said on the letter don't expect to hear anything before 2014! Oh we'll what's another year! ;-)
Old Apr 16th 2013, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Originally Posted by kat-b
I know so quiet!! Well I got an email request for updated paperwork (just a new application form, travel info etc not any actual evidencing docs or police forms) about a month ago. They also said on the letter don't expect to hear anything before 2014! Oh we'll what's another year! ;-)

+1
Had to renew the passports as these were about to expire.
When they arrive we will re send our application (nothing has changed so does not make any sense.
But hey chin up and all that
Old Apr 16th 2013, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

Jpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Witchileiz - which occupational category did you apply under? I have a similar timeline to you and applied under 4131 College Instructor, and was also looking at Camosun plus other colleges in Vancouver/Victoria. That's positive news regarding vacancies, good luck with those and hope you hear something soon. My GCMS notes don't seem to have a BFD - oh well!

Jools

Old Apr 17th 2013, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Jpod
Hey Witchileiz - which occupational category did you apply under? I have a similar timeline to you and applied under 4131 College Instructor, and was also looking at Camosun plus other colleges in Vancouver/Victoria. That's positive news regarding vacancies, good luck with those and hope you hear something soon. My GCMS notes don't seem to have a BFD - oh well!

Jools
Hi Jools

Same category college instructor, though I currently work at a University, teaching the staff here. I regularly see stuff I could do at UBC, that I have a chance of getting - but we now have our hearts set on Victoria, so keep holding off applying there. Anyway, fingers crossed this latest application goes somewhere. I keep sending off job apps for my OH too (in IT) - which I have to remember to tell him about!

Re GCMS and the Bfd date: - it is only called that on CAIPS files, but in GCMS it is under 'Application Assignment' header - where there is a due date (on page 2 of my GCMS notes). My due date says 19th April this year (so this Friday). My 6-12 months letter was dated 26th April 2012 - so a year and one week difference.

Can't believe we are all still here, waiting - still waiting... it has to end some time, right? I mean...really!?

Truly hope we all get finalized within the coming months....
Old Apr 17th 2013, 8:15 am
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Hi Jools

Same category college instructor, though I currently work at a University, teaching the staff here. I regularly see stuff I could do at UBC, that I have a chance of getting - but we now have our hearts set on Victoria, so keep holding off applying there. Anyway, fingers crossed this latest application goes somewhere. I keep sending off job apps for my OH too (in IT) - which I have to remember to tell him about!

Re GCMS and the Bfd date: - it is only called that on CAIPS files, but in GCMS it is under 'Application Assignment' header - where there is a due date (on page 2 of my GCMS notes). My due date says 19th April this year (so this Friday). My 6-12 months letter was dated 26th April 2012 - so a year and one week difference.

Can't believe we are all still here, waiting - still waiting... it has to end some time, right? I mean...really!?

True .. this journey will sooner or later come to some sort of end!
Old Apr 17th 2013, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

Jpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for that - my due date says 9th May, 2013 and I received my 6-12 month letter in May 2012 so hopefully not too long to wait now - although I am half expecting the dreaded "don't contact us for another 18 months" letter that lots of others seem to be getting!

I'm currently working in a university too (as a Learning Technologist) even though my background is teaching and I applied like you under 4131. Have had a cursory look for learning technologist vacancies but they seem few and far between Canada-wide (unless they are called something else!). As well as the island and lower mainland I'm also seriously considering Halifax NS mainly because of the number of post-16 institutions there.

Fingers crossed for you and everyone else still waiting that we'll hear something soon.

Jools

Hi Jools

Old Apr 17th 2013, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by graham and george
+1
Had to renew the passports as these were about to expire.
When they arrive we will re send our application (nothing has changed so does not make any sense.
But hey chin up and all that
I know my signature almost has too many characters I've been adding to It for so long! I'm not really sure why they have said to wait until 2014, they probably have reached the quota for this year. I can only imagine hat other people on similar timelines who have not had med requests yet will be in the same position although you never know as i'm not convinced any of this has been done in a logical way!! I'm ok with waiting until 2014 as long as it happens. It's just the uncertainty that I'm not ok with!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.