Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Mar 18th 2013, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by anunlikelyunion
Wouldn't be so sure about that...we started ours (Tony's and mine) in mid-October, finished (Kids' medicals) in mid-January, still waiting for PPR and not really expecting it anytime soon. Not sure why, just a hunch. Others might call it disillusioned or depressed tho! LOL
Anyway, fingers for all of us.
Chin up, you only finished your meds in mid-Jan so only approx 8 weeks ago, so you could get PPR in the next few weeks, you never know

Plus CIC seem to go into showdown mode in Dec and Jan, things seem to be moving again now
Old Mar 18th 2013, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

If it helps at all, we did meds the weekend before Christmas, and they were sent on 6th Jan, we got PPR last week. So hopefully in a couple of weeks, PPR will be soon on its way!
Old Mar 19th 2013, 10:42 am
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jane Barlow
If it helps at all, we did meds the weekend before Christmas, and they were sent on 6th Jan, we got PPR last week. So hopefully in a couple of weeks, PPR will be soon on its way!
Bravo Jane Barlow .. so very pleased!

I have a feeling (that in the end) I'll be the only one left on this forum with application still 'in process'
Old Mar 19th 2013, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by unusual78

I have a feeling (that in the end) I'll be the only one left on this forum with application still 'in process'
Fear not - you're not alone...I'm here too...forever blowing bubbles!

You had updated docs last year, right? I reckon you will hear back from them soon - as you are at least one step closer than we are...and we applied in June 2010 - which is a good few months after you, but then, what's 2-3 months out of 3 yrs....
Old Mar 19th 2013, 10:51 am
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by witchileiz
Fear not - you're not alone...I'm here too...forever blowing bubbles!

You had updated docs last year, right? I reckon you will hear back from them soon - as you are at least one step closer than we are...and we applied in June 2010 - which is a good few months after you, but then, what's 2-3 months out of 3 yrs....
Yup had updated docs request in Oct/Nov 12 .. 4 months now and no nothing whatsoever!

Just over 3 years for us now since we first sent the application .. we have decided to wait it out .. its not that bad here in London after all for the time being.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Unusual78 - I really hope you guys hear something soon. There does seem to be a bit more movement recently so hopefully they're concentrating on clearing that backlog!
Old Mar 19th 2013, 12:38 pm
Waiting for medicals

Originally Posted by Jane Barlow
Thanks Unusual78 - I really hope you guys hear something soon. There does seem to be a bit more movement recently so hopefully they're concentrating on clearing that backlog!
Thoughts, hopes and dreams!
Old Mar 19th 2013, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

and LOTS of positive thinking! Shame I don't always practice what I preach!!!
Old Mar 21st 2013, 10:39 am
Just Joined

corneliusb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by witchileiz
HI Cornelius - good to hear you are being optimistic - I need a dose of that! When did you first apply and also send your full docs in? Oh and did you get the letter via email or post?
Sorry really delayed response Started the process in 2010, full docs sent that September I think, its so long ago now! I received the 18 month letter through email.

Its great to see the movement on this thread finally though for some folks.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Asabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by unusual78

Don't worry unusual78, I'm still here. In Process since Jan 2012. getting tired of waiting any more don't know what to do!
Old Mar 25th 2013, 11:36 pm
Just Joined

bertandernie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, this is our first post on here. After 3 years in the process we finally got our COPR last week so just wanted to say to everyone still waiting, it will happen for you and there IS still movement at the moment. Its been a long haul for everyone on here, over the years we tried to get on with our lives, even moving home from Newcastle to London at one point, trying live "as if it wasn't gonna happen" yet unable to forget about it. But it has and I'm sure it will for everyone still waiting.

This forum has certainly helped us stay optomistic and hearing others slowly make it too has been a great support to us. We're hoping that this post will help others stay positive about the whole thing too.

Our timeline:

(FSW) APP RECEIVED:11MAR10 / AOR:25AUG10 / HOLD LTR:26APR12 / MED REQ:31OCT12 / MEDS SENT:14NOV12 / PPR:28FEB13 / COPR:21MAR13
Old Mar 26th 2013, 11:32 am
Waiting for medicals

Originally Posted by bertandernie
Hi, this is our first post on here.

This forum has certainly helped us stay optomistic and hearing others slowly make it too has been a great support to us. We're hoping that this post will help others stay positive about the whole thing too.

Our timeline:

(FSW) APP RECEIVED:11MAR10 / AOR:25AUG10 / HOLD LTR:26APR12 / MED REQ:31OCT12 / MEDS SENT:14NOV12 / PPR:28FEB13 / COPR:21MAR13
Bravo
Old Mar 26th 2013, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice

Hi, this is our first post on here. After 3 years in the process we finally got our COPR last week so just wanted to say to everyone still waiting, it will happen for you and there IS still movement at the moment. Its been a long haul for everyone on here, over the years we tried to get on with our lives, even moving home from Newcastle to London at one point, trying live "as if it wasn't gonna happen" yet unable to forget about it. But it has and I'm sure it will for everyone still waiting.

Our timeline:

Congrats!
Old Mar 26th 2013, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough

Hi, this is our first post on here. After 3 years in the process we finally got our COPR last week so just wanted to say to everyone still waiting, it will happen for you and there IS still movement at the moment.
Great news - well done and good luck on your move (whenever that may be!)
Old Mar 26th 2013, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

Asabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the rough

Our timeline:

welldone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.