Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Apr 26th 2013, 4:28 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by scotty1974
so we dropped off copies of our passports at the embassy yesterday, went down there at 1.30pm and was first in the queue for drop-offs. by 2pm there were only about 5 people waiting, it was such a bonnie day in London yesterday I didn't mind standing around outside anyway

I was in and out in about 2 mins and was given a receipt to take back in 2 weeks to get COPR, easy as that

we have our flights booked to fly to TO on May 30
Well done mate, enjoy the moment.

Regards

Drew
Old May 4th 2013, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Hi all does anyone have good news.
Looks like this thread is on its last legs now.
Old May 4th 2013, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by graham and george
Hi all does anyone have good news.
Looks like this thread is on its last legs now.
Nope just submitted the updated forms in April so my next post will probably be 2014! ;-) yeah I was just wondering myself how many of us are left.....I really can't see them holding on to us for this long and then ditching us. It must just be a numbers game and they have reached the quota for this year. I'm hoping that those of us left will be processed early 2014? Wishful thinking?
Old May 4th 2013, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Zhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to behold

Hi, silence for us as well. Submitted our medicals and updated forms last November. Nothing since. We don't even know if we're waiting for passport requests or if we'd need additional tests,etc.
Old May 4th 2013, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough

Sent out email last week on our 12 month wait letter anniversary - got a response yesterday = "thanks but stop bothering us, you'll hear when we're good and ready, and yes we know it is now over 12 months..... Oh and thanks for your patience...." well, that's how it reads to me, anyway...

We started discussing whether to keep on keeping the faith, or if we should start looking at a plan b last night. Don't want to give up when it feels so close, but then, don't want to keep living 'on hold' for another year or more either... getting older, daughter growing up, and life passing us by.

I had started sending out resumes again, but less hopeful since recent 'upset' with LMOs, etc. - I doubt many employees will look at me as favourably due to the recent foreign worker dramas in banking...

Don't know what to do at this point, tbh. Truly wish they would be even a tiny bit open about expected timescales, then we could decide from there... as it is, we are completely in the dark.
Old May 4th 2013, 10:33 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

I believe that the FSW route will be much less available now as you have pointed out. These cases are processing slowly to say the least but also surely. The problem is of course that life planning is nearly impossible so PLAN B should be schemed out and if faith is lost. carried out. Wishing good luck to everyone in this situation,
Old May 4th 2013, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

Hi all, sorry for the delay but maybe this will help to cheer some people up...it certainly did that for us: We have finally had COPR granted on the 14th of April!!! It has taken us nearly 3 and a half years, but we've finally got there. We're landing in Halifax, Nova Scotia, on the 22nd of this month....yikes!!!
Since we don't know anyone and have no family in NS, we hope that we might get the chance to meet up with other forum members in NS at some point. Anyway, we will keep our fingers crossed for all the rest of you and hope that you will all get the news you've been waiting for very, very soon. Love you all, thanks for all the help, advice and support over the years, we will be eternally grateful. Good luck to you all.
Old May 4th 2013, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Thats great news
Now the fun starts
Old May 4th 2013, 2:33 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Originally Posted by anunlikelyunion
Hi all, sorry for the delay but maybe this will help to cheer some people up...it certainly did that for us: We have finally had COPR granted on the 14th of April!!! It has taken us nearly 3 and a half years, but we've finally got there. We're landing in Halifax, Nova Scotia, on the 22nd of this month....yikes!!!
Since we don't know anyone and have no family in NS, we hope that we might get the chance to meet up with other forum members in NS at some point. Anyway, we will keep our fingers crossed for all the rest of you and hope that you will all get the news you've been waiting for very, very soon. Love you all, thanks for all the help, advice and support over the years, we will be eternally grateful. Good luck to you all.
Well done for the update, hows ur head this morning after last night? Sent u a PM.

Regards

Drew
Old May 4th 2013, 4:03 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

anunlikelyunion
Great news! One more processed and off the backlog helping to open the door for others to follow suit.
I really hope your trip goes well on 22nd of this month and that Landing goes smoothly. You may want to take a read of some landing and post landing tips I added at: Almost 2 months Vancouver Island they may come in handy.

Just reading through witchileiz's post reminded me of this....
Some time back we had a plan B.... It was the BC Provincial Business Nomination program. At one stage it looked like we were going to have to use it (check my timeline).
Our FSW application was still in the system however, during one visit to BC, we attended the Business seminar which was a pre-requesit of the BC BNP process. That meant that on our return to Europe should we need to kick plan B into gear (which we came very close to having to do) we had already carried out the 'business fact finding trip'.

My gut feeling, from what I have seen on here and a recent statement from Minister Kenny's department....

Mar 26, 2013
Canada's immigration backlog down 40% from last year

....is they (CIC) are nailing the current backlog and are on track to make the process last no longer than 12 months. Mind you in Feb 2010 I seem to recall being quoted 13 months as the avergage processing time however, then they were very slack with capping anything. These days they really are capping the new intake tightly (for want of a better expression) plus tightening up on many other avenues of immigration... Some due to system abuses, others for reasons I've not quite fathomed out yet.

From my viewpoint this should mean the remaining 2010 MI 1 applicants should be seeing light at the end of the tunnel soon I would be surprised if people in this thread (from around 2010) do not complete their process by year end. Then again we are talking CIC here!
Sad in one sense and good in another, but the demise of this thread is close at hand I feel.

Zhanna
Hi, silence for us as well. Submitted our medicals and updated forms last November. Nothing since. We don't even know if we're waiting for passport requests or if we'd need additional tests,etc.
Zhanna, I'd send a case specific inquiry and ask if they received your medical results and updated forms in Nov 2012 and is there any further information CIC require to assist with your application? I'd do this even if you sent them recorded and you know they were received. IMHO You've waited too long since completing medicals for you to not to hear anything so something may not be quite right on the admin front. I'm sure you know they are only valid for another 6 months.
Old May 4th 2013, 4:22 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kat-b
Nope just submitted the updated forms in April so my next post will probably be 2014! ;-) yeah I was just wondering myself how many of us are left.....I really can't see them holding on to us for this long and then ditching us. It must just be a numbers game and they have reached the quota for this year. I'm hoping that those of us left will be processed early 2014? Wishful thinking?

You'll be good Kat... hang on in there
Old May 4th 2013, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by james.mc
You'll be good Kat... hang on in there
Thanks! :-))
Old May 4th 2013, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yay!!! Congrats! So happy for you and I'm sure it means good things for the rest of us too! Enjoy, you definitely deserve this! :-))
Old May 4th 2013, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Zhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by james.mc

Zhanna, I'd send a case specific inquiry and ask if they received your medical results and updated forms in Nov 2012 and is there any further information CIC require to assist with your application? I'd do this even if you sent them recorded and you know they were received. IMHO You've waited too long since completing medicals for you to not to hear anything so something may not be quite right on the admin front. I'm sure you know they are only valid for another 6 months.
I think you are absolutely right James, thank you! I can't believe I haven't thought of it. Will e-mail them now.
Old May 4th 2013, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

Congratulations and best of luck guys!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.