Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old May 4th 2013, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Asabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Hi every one, it is good to hear some of us getting some results and the wheel is rolling for them, but for me still the wait goes on, sent the new application forms march 2012 I think, (its that long kind of forgot when I sent the forms). any way, Im kind of not bother any more, getting with my life here, like Witchileiz, kids growing up fast and us getting old faster, even sent them an email and " we are processing your application" so you have to wait for ever!!!. Im giving another 5 to 6 month and then forget about for good, we can't put our life on hold forever. sorry guys for being negative
Old May 5th 2013, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

beckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the rough

[QUOTE=anunlikelyunion;10691782]Hi all, sorry for the delay but maybe this will help to cheer some people up...it certainly did that for us: We have finally had COPR granted on the 14th of April!!! It has taken us nearly 3 and a half years, but we've finally got there. QUOTE]

Hi anunlikelyunion, I'm so happy for you!! You were one of the ones keeping me sane during this whole crazy episode. We're settling in Ontario but hopefully our paths will cross one day. Keep in touch
Old May 7th 2013, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by anunlikelyunion
Hi all, sorry for the delay but maybe this will help to cheer some people up...it certainly did that for us: We have finally had COPR granted on the 14th of April!!!

...Love you all, thanks for all the help, advice and support over the years, we will be eternally grateful. Good luck to you all.
Apols for late response - but congratulations Anunlikely - and good luck with the move!

Oh and thanks James and Jim for wise words.

... We are now just getting on with life, as we don't expect we will manage to get over by the new school year in Sept (which I was hoping for, for daughter), so... bought myself the new camera I was wanting (and not allowing myself to, in case we 'need the money', etc.) - and we are slowly looking at alternatives now, just in case. 'Might even buy that fridge replacement that I have been avoiding for 3 years!

Good luck to all...
Old May 7th 2013, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

Hey just a quick q, I'm a bit confused looking at some timelines. Did some people get med requests before or at the same time as the request for updated forms? Or was the request for updated police certs etc?
Old May 7th 2013, 10:01 am
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kat-b
Hey just a quick q, I'm a bit confused looking at some timelines. Did some people get med requests before or at the same time as the request for updated forms? Or was the request for updated police certs etc?
Still haven't had the MR!
Have sent all sorts of updated forms/ documents under the big blue sky LOL. Last Friday we were asked for 'Updated proof of settlement funds' which I have sent today.
Old May 7th 2013, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
Well done for the update, hows ur head this morning after last night? Sent u a PM.

Regards

Drew
Drew, I have a feeling that my head was slightly better than yours...at least I laid off the beer and whiskey!!! But it was a great evening and we had a brilliant time. Hi to the rest of the clan, we'll definately keep in touch! Hope your PPR comes through very, very soon. X
Old May 7th 2013, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by unusual78
Still haven't had the MR!
Have sent all sorts of updated forms/ documents under the big blue sky LOL. Last Friday we were asked for 'Updated proof of settlement funds' which I have sent today.
I see! Did all the requests come by regular mail? They must just open our files and think what can we ask for now to buy some more time! ;-)
Old May 7th 2013, 11:08 am
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

I see! Did all the requests come by regular mail? They must just open our files and think what can we ask for now to buy some more time! ;-)
All via emails Kat!
Old May 7th 2013, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough

Update - just got the updated docs request email this afternoon. Not entirely sure how I feel. Tempted to go on another recce visit and scope out areas, etc... Don't know really...

Annoying me why they would ask for updated docs, with no intention of doing anything for xx months - wouldn't it be wiser to simply ask for them closer to the time they expect to progress with finalizing this process? Wonder if it is simply to find out if any accts dormant now/if any more have given up on the whole thing... maybe it's to test resolve and tenacity? Maybe the disposition of a saint is what they currently need in Canada?

Don't know...feelings are so 'up and down' with all this at the moment. If we DID splash out ££s on a recce trip/holiday this year, I would guarantee that suddenly we would be processed at break-neck speed (OK, maybe not) - but that is the concern, really. Then that money would have gone towards moving over there...

OK - sorry - just lamenting on what the heck to do (or not do) now...
Old May 7th 2013, 2:53 pm
Waiting for medicals

Originally Posted by witchileiz
Update - just got the updated docs request email this afternoon. Not entirely sure how I feel. Tempted to go on another recce visit and scope out areas, etc... Don't know really...

Annoying me why they would ask for updated docs, with no intention of doing anything for xx months - wouldn't it be wiser to simply ask for them closer to the time they expect to progress with finalizing this process? Wonder if it is simply to find out if any accts dormant now/if any more have given up on the whole thing... maybe it's to test resolve and tenacity? Maybe the disposition of a saint is what they currently need in Canada?

Don't know...feelings are so 'up and down' with all this at the moment. If we DID splash out ££s on a recce trip/holiday this year, I would guarantee that suddenly we would be processed at break-neck speed (OK, maybe not) - but that is the concern, really. Then that money would have gone towards moving over there...

OK - sorry - just lamenting on what the heck to do (or not do) now...
I've heard from some sources (but please don't quote me on this) that this procedure of asking for 'updated docs' is a way of identifying applicants for 2014 quota!
Old May 7th 2013, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by unusual78
I've heard from some sources (but please don't quote me on this) that this procedure of asking for 'updated docs' is a way of identifying applicants for 2014 quota!
Hmmm - I heard that too, Unusual78, but on another forum. 2014 sounds so far away, considering we started this in 2010. But as I mentioned earlier in the thread, for us, we are cutting it too close now (really) to get moved over there for Sept school start anyway, so we would actually then wait until after Xmas to move. So looking at it like that, then I guess it's not that distressing.

Of course, we said this last year, and the year before.... as I suspect did most of you still on this thread. Better go, my mood is annoying me now!
Old May 7th 2013, 3:04 pm
Waiting for medicals

Originally Posted by witchileiz
Hmmm - I heard that too, Unusual78, but on another forum. 2014 sounds so far away, considering we started this in 2010. But as I mentioned earlier in the thread, for us, we are cutting it too close now (really) to get moved over there for Sept school start anyway, so we would actually then wait until after Xmas to move. So looking at it like that, then I guess it's not that distressing.

Of course, we said this last year, and the year before.... as I suspect did most of you still on this thread. Better go, my mood is annoying me now!
I hear you!

did they actually say in their email to you that they do not anticipate to complete the processing on your application till 2014?

Cant do nothing much but wait
Old May 7th 2013, 3:25 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

We received the request for updated docs and med request by post. At the time some people were being asked for updated forms by email, but with no med requests.
The latter I don't think you will get by email anyway because, unless something has changed of late, your med requests should come by post as they include a form (Medical Form 1017 - one per person) issued by CIC. This form has one of your previously supplied photos fixed to it and is over-stamped by a CIC office stamp. You need to hand this form over to the medical practitioner when you go for your medical. That's the last you see of it.

In theory.. no Form 1017 = No medical will be performed.

Medical Form 1017 - this will have been issued by your visa officer, unless you have been given permission by CIC to attend for an "up-front" medical examination in which case you must bring a completed Appendix C form.
As a matter of course we kept photo copies all forms that we completed and sent off or handed over. There is a lot of useful 'life type' stuff in those forms. Should we ever have needed to complete the same type of forms again it saves a lot of looking stuff up.

PPR will likely come by email - Watch out for this one, as there is time limit in supplying copies of your passport to CIC., I seem to recall it was 30 days. Our agent missed the first email, but because I felt uneasy about the wait after medicals (it was around 2 months by then) we made a case specific inquiry. It was then that we found out CIC had issued a PPR a month earlier by email but it had been missed!! CIC allowed us an extension to supply the copies.

On the matter of supplied photos for COPR - make sure they are bang on the money for the required CIC specifications. I can't stress this enough!

Make sure the external photo dimensions are correct, background is white and the measurement from chin to crown (top of hairline - of you have any ) is correct.

I received my PR card 6 weeks after landing. At the same time my wife received a letter requesting new photos as the ones supplied (by us when we sent in Passport copies) did not meet the required specifications. The photos were all taken at the same time and place...
We landed about 10 weeks back. I have had my PR card for a month. My wife still does not have hers

Last edited by james.mc; May 7th 2013 at 3:42 pm.
Old May 7th 2013, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

Hi folks :-)
thought I would pop in and say Hi.

We are now going through the federal part of NS PNP, me and OH had meds back in mid- Feb (2013) and thought we were home and dry.
Last week we received an email requesting that OH's daughter who is 18 and lives in UK, to have meds as well. She will not be coming with us in the foreseeable future but they were quite insistent and so we had to spend out another £280 in Manchester for her, plus train fares etc.
Could have done without the extra spend tbh lol

I thought you folks might have seen more action going on around here. its sure been a long arduos journey.

hugs to everyone
Sharon :-)
Old May 7th 2013, 6:59 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Sharon,

After all this time it's good to see you guys making progress along a different route. Although, I fail to see why CIC keep asking for medicals (retrospectively) for non accompanying family members. They should ask in the first instance not request your medicals, leave it for months and then ask for your daughter to have a medical!

I wish they would state outright why they do it this way.
What if your daughter was insistent (her right as a UK adult) that she would not go for a medical?

Anyway... all done now, and hopefully the next thing you know you'll have COPR's and have 'landed'!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.