Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Wikiposts

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Feb 3rd 2012, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by james.mc
If you can afford it you should seriously look at coming over for a recce to the area you are thinking of settling in. Instead of an annual holiday to some sun soaked tourist zone, I feel it's better to spend the money gathering information instead. (Actually Victoria has plenty of good sunny weather year round )
It really does give you a positive feeling when you are here viewing the area that you may settle in. Getting used to where the shops are, driving habits, checking out different areas that you may choose to live and seeing what facilities/amenities are in those areas.

During this recce we have already found the house we want to buy and the timing we foresee moving over (Oct/Nov 2012) suits the owners to a tee. So if all goes well that's one thing pretty much knocked off the list already
Feeling pretty good about that.
James that is awesome advice, this is exactly what we did, we were lucky enough to meet an employer during our one and only recce trip, now we have TWP & SOWP to keep us going while CIC work out which way is up
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 10:26 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Got my Med request today (dated 30/1/2012), along with request for updated police checks, photos, passport, & various IMM forms.

Is all of that normal or do most only get asked for the med requests & recent police checks?

Just moved afew hundred miles for a new job so Canada had been put very much on the back burner. As I was not on the latest list to be honest I thought it was a waiting game to a rejection.

Will keep it going now, so can look for opps in Canada also. A tad more wary now as the job front much more difficult.

for everyone else on here.

Bali
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bali2010
Hi

Got my Med request today (dated 30/1/2012), along with request for updated police checks, photos, passport, & various IMM forms.

Is all of that normal or do most only get asked for the med requests & recent police checks?

Just moved afew hundred miles for a new job so Canada had been put very much on the back burner. As I was not on the latest list to be honest I thought it was a waiting game to a rejection.

Will keep it going now, so can look for opps in Canada also. A tad more wary now as the job front much more difficult.

Bali
Our request was updated imms, medicals, police checks police check for Germany and fees
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

Hi Got my Med request today (dated 30/1/2012), along with request for updated police checks, photos, passport, & various IMM forms.
Bali
Awesome news Bali!

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
Our request was updated imms, medicals, police checks police check for Germany and fees
did you spend time with the armed services there? I was based over there 20 years ago with the army, i wasnt sure that I would need german civilian police checks as I left with a clean service record. (If that makes sense)
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

99problems will become famous soon enough99problems will become famous soon enough

Yes we have doen 2 recce trips now. We loved Victoria but I work in Banking / credit management and my partner in health services - Victoria has a lot of military, govt and tourism based jobs but not a great deal of others unfortunately. We also love Vancouver but given I would have to work in downtown we would need to live closeby and housing is astronomically expensive - living in a cheaper / smaller house/appt woudl defeat the object of achieving a much improved lifestyle. We recce'd Calgary Nov 2011 and liked it though the landscape is a littel bleak and you have to be comfortabel with some fiercely low temperatures in winter! We are still thinking but ultimatley it will come down to where the best job opportunities lie.......
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

CanadianDreams is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Bali
Yes we had to send off all of the above documents too apart from passport, sent it all off yesterday special delivery!
Good Luck
Old Feb 4th 2012, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

99problems will become famous soon enough99problems will become famous soon enough

Do you have to send them your passport without knowing when you'll get it back? I travel regularly with work so could be a problem. I thought they no longer need your passport and simply send you the visa as a separate document?
Old Feb 4th 2012, 5:26 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by 99problems
Do you have to send them your passport without knowing when you'll get it back? I travel regularly with work so could be a problem. I thought they no longer need your passport and simply send you the visa as a separate document?
1. If you are from a visa exempt country, you no longer have to send in your passport, just copies of each page in the passport, and the COPR will be sent to you in the mail.
2. As of 04/02/12 you will no longer get the carbon COPR but will receive a plain paper COPR on legal sized paper. IF your application was processed through GCMS rather than the CAIPS. COPR will no longer have the signature strip, as the PR cards after 04/02/12 will no longer have signatures.
3. "Let the fraud begin"
Old Feb 4th 2012, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

Asabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the rough

Hi

Bali
well done and good luck.
We just recieved police certs update.
Old Feb 4th 2012, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. If you are from a visa exempt country, you no longer have to send in your passport, just copies of each page in the passport, and the COPR will be sent to you in the mail.
If I'm correct in thinking the UK is a visa exempt country do you think it's worth enclosing copies of said page with the updated police certs and RPRF bankers draft? Do they now send a request for a copy of the passport page rather than a PR?
Old Feb 4th 2012, 11:50 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heading-west
James that is awesome advice, this is exactly what we did, we were lucky enough to meet an employer during our one and only recce trip, now we have TWP & SOWP to keep us going while CIC work out which way is up

Glad to read that the same approach paid off for you guys
Old Feb 10th 2012, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

Meds done today
Assuming all is good, what's next?
Background Checks then Passport Requests?

TIA SA
Old Feb 10th 2012, 11:58 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spaceace
Meds done today
Assuming all is good, what's next?
Background Checks then Passport Requests?

TIA SA
Should be between 4/6 weeks to PPR comes through. Chase them in 3/4 weeks to see if they are ready to issue them.
Old Feb 11th 2012, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Should be between 4/6 weeks to PPR comes through. Chase them in 3/4 weeks to see if they are ready to issue them.
Thanks Amy....the DMP had a right old laugh about where to send the results and took great pleasure in photocopying our med request letter; they said the meds will go to Ottawa despite the letter clearly saying to send to London :-) They also said it would be much quicker that way, assuming all is well
Old Feb 14th 2012, 6:42 am
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Hiya AmyDavid,

It'll be 4 weeks on Friday since our medicals, I didn't even consider chasing them about PPR...would you definitely say its a good idea? I've always found them to be pretty quick to reply to other e-mails i've sent.

thanks,
Katie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.