Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Feb 22nd 2012, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by haniyasin
Goodbye Canada;

i have checked our status today and a "decision has been made" infront of my eyes.
i dont know why yet.
wish the rest of us a better luck
Haniyasin, so sorry to hear you had bad news...what you going to do now? You going to fight it? What a bummer....
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 9:54 am
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by spaceace
Regarding the RPRF.....I wasn't going to send ours until passport requests, because me being in 'pessimistic immigration mode' figured I would send it with passport requests....I mean God forbid there be a problem with meds, what's the point sending it now?
Hi spaceace,
Would they send PPR without having first received the RPRF? The 60 day time limit on the med request letter for which to send everything is quite specific. I'd be fearful of breaching that (like we did as they dated the letter wrong) however once I'd contacted them to point out their mistake it was ok.
Just cough up heheh
Katie
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

haniyasin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by anunlikelyunion
Haniyasin, so sorry to hear you had bad news...what you going to do now? You going to fight it? What a bummer....
Fight No No, i had enough waiting it drained my energy. maybe it was the wrong decision to immigrate after all , i dont know.
but am sure something will come up
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 12:00 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by haniyasin
Fight No No, i had enough waiting it drained my energy. maybe it was the wrong decision to immigrate after all , i dont know.
but am sure something will come up
CIC do sometimes get things wrong - they could have made a mistake when checking your background information - even the "decision made" update could be a mistake. Don't give up until you know your completely beaten.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by misskatpaw
Hi spaceace,
Would they send PPR without having first received the RPRF? The 60 day time limit on the med request letter for which to send everything is quite specific. I'd be fearful of breaching that (like we did as they dated the letter wrong) however once I'd contacted them to point out their mistake it was ok.
Just cough up heheh
Katie
good advice, thanks :-)
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

CanadianDreams is an unknown quantity at this point

It worked

Less than ONE HOUR after e-mailing CIC, they replied with passport requests

Can't believe it In shock Nice shock though

Still keeping everything crossed for my cyber pals on here

Katie
HOW AMAZING!! Well done for having the balls to chase them up! So very very pleased for you....:
How are you feeling now it's an reality?
Anna xx
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

haniyasin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
CIC do sometimes get things wrong - they could have made a mistake when checking your background information - even the "decision made" update could be a mistake. Don't give up until you know your completely beaten.
thanx , i am not giving up, but feeel as if a huge burden of waiting disappeared...yet a new one came out LoL ... WHAT"S NEXT
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 2:24 pm
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Does anyone know anyone who has applied under FSW NOC 0632 and with Aug 10 AOR ??
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

CanadianDreams is an unknown quantity at this point

Well received a letter from CIC for more information regarding medicals....it was a sealed envelope stating only to be opened by designated practitioner but i knew it was about me having an Echocardiogram so i opened it!

So i'm slightly peeved that CIC have not received results of the echo as i had it two days after my meds.

So have contacted the cardiolgist who did echo and he has given me copy of letter that was sent to the GP in Oxford where we had meds, i then called Oxford clinic....but of course secretary not in until tomorrow morning

So i also sent a case specific email stating my updates and to remind them that i enclosed the results of echo with our pack we sent with police certs, fee etc!!

Oh well deep breath not much else i can do until 08.00!!!
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

Asabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the rough

It worked

Less than ONE HOUR after e-mailing CIC, they replied with passport requests

Can't believe it In shock Nice shock though

Still keeping everything crossed for my cyber pals on here

Katie
WOWWWWWWWWW welldone Katie, good job we all should follow your example, always I am hesitating to send them an email but from now on we all have to do it more often. good luck with the rest of the process.
Kourosh
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 5:55 pm
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

wow .. amazing to read so many encouraging updates .. is it safe to say that most aug08 AOR's should expect to get some sort of news in the near future?

On another note, wife has completed her MA Screen: Writing from Drama Centre London. This gives her 17 years of education as per WES Canada so 5 points for adaptability .. is there a form used to notify London Office or an email would suffice?

All the very best to everyone
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 7:32 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by james.mc

Our plans are for a late 2011/early 2012 shift anyway......
Hah! Quoting myself from just over a year back in this very thread thread....

Now changed to 'Our plans are for a late 2012 shift'.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 7:33 pm
Waiting for medicals

Originally Posted by james.mc
Hah! Quoting myself from just over a year back in this very thread thread....

Now changed to 'Our plans are for a late 2012 shift'.
we got similar timelines .. anyone know anything new ?
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

bongobrad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by unusual78
we got similar timelines .. anyone know anything new ?
Only News Ive got is our addrsss has disapered again from the Ecas Site
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 8:54 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bongobrad
Only News Ive got is our addrsss has disapered again from the Ecas Site
That used to be a good sign. Not sure what it means these days.

Nothing new from me. We recently sent a case specific inquiry and received the usual standard reply that has been in use for the best part of 10 months by my recollection:

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your enquiry.

Your documents have been received and placed on file. No further action is required by you at this time.

Unfortunately, it will take longer to process Federal Skilled Worker applications submitted under the first set of instructions (between February 27, 2008 and June 25, 2010) than originally projected.

During this time, the department received applications for more than 425,000 people, and 144,000 of these have not yet received a decision.

This number represents more than twice the number of projected admissions under the Federal Skilled Worker program in 2011, so many of these applicants will have to wait two years or more to be processed. Because they reflect Canada's current labour market needs, applications under the most recent set of ministerial instructions are processed on a priority basis.
Our office sends immigration decisions and information requests by post or by email to the mailing and email addresses provided in the application. Therefore, it is important that our office be notified immediately of any change of address and contact details.
We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.
Yours sincerely,

Client Service Unit

Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux
Canadian High Commission | Haut-commissariat du Canada
38 Grosvenor Street
London, W1K 4AA | Londres, W1K 4AA
United Kingdom | Royaume-Uni

Government of Canada
Note that the figures quoted:
During this time, the department received applications for more than 425,000 people, and 144,000 of these have not yet received a decision.
Are exactly the same as posted 10 months ago in another forum.
So, if the letter is to be believed they have not made a decision on a single applicant (out of the above 144,000 FSW's) in the last 10 months!

Of course we know that is not true.

What I do know is that two years AOR is August for us. Mind you then there is the 27 months they are quoting as average processing time at the moment. That pushes us to November. Bit of a joke when they were quoting 13 months when we first applied in 2010.

Ho Hum. Back to the waiting game.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.