Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Feb 1st 2012, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

Zhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by HarryHeck
Hi all,

Sadly, it wasn't good news. My application has been rejected on the grounds that the visa officer considered my job duties under NOC code 9212 (Supervisor, Chemical Processing plant) not to meet the duties as listed in that NOC code...even though they clearly do in at least 4 cases.

My lawyers have noted that I've got 60 days to appeal but after all this time I'm not entirely sure I want to, especially given that all it will do is put me back in the processing queue again with no future guarantee of success. It may be (i.e. it almost certainly is! ) sour grapes, but I'm also partly of the opinion that to reject the application on these grounds suggests that they're rushing older applications through and kicking out any 'maybes' with the aim of getting numbers down faster. Regardless, it lends weight to the fact that you should all make sure that your applications are as sturdy as can be.

Either way, the very best of luck to all my BE friends : you've been a source of great joy and comfort over the last year and I hope you all get the new start that you want...and after all this time, deserve!

I'm taking the stance that Canada's loss is my gain and I'm going to start pushing my career again : something I haven't been able to do properly for the last 18 months. Who knows - maybe I'll apply again in the future?

Harry
I am so sorry to read this Harry, but being a 'fatalistic optimist' :-) I think whatever happens happens for the best, and looking back, you will see why it happened, and why it was for the best - you might even be in Canada by then - who knows, maybe being rejected now will carry you to your dream job while looking into pnp or fsw2 or twp paths? At least suspension is over and as you've rightly said you can get on with your life. We have two possible projects that we're eager to undertake as a family: one - Canada, another one - something else, but it's not being able to start on either of them until we have an answer one way or another that drives us insane. All the very best for your future!!
Old Feb 1st 2012, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by HarryHeck
Hi all,

Sadly, it wasn't good news. My application has been rejected on the grounds that the visa officer considered my job duties under NOC code 9212 (Supervisor, Chemical Processing plant) not to meet the duties as listed in that NOC code...even though they clearly do in at least 4 cases.

My lawyers have noted that I've got 60 days to appeal but after all this time I'm not entirely sure I want to, especially given that all it will do is put me back in the processing queue again with no future guarantee of success. It may be (i.e. it almost certainly is! ) sour grapes, but I'm also partly of the opinion that to reject the application on these grounds suggests that they're rushing older applications through and kicking out any 'maybes' with the aim of getting numbers down faster. Regardless, it lends weight to the fact that you should all make sure that your applications are as sturdy as can be.

Either way, the very best of luck to all my BE friends : you've been a source of great joy and comfort over the last year and I hope you all get the new start that you want...and after all this time, deserve!

I'm taking the stance that Canada's loss is my gain and I'm going to start pushing my career again : something I haven't been able to do properly for the last 18 months. Who knows - maybe I'll apply again in the future?

Harry
Harry, we're so sorry to hear this. It must be such a blow. But, as you said, at least it now allows you to make long-term plans again...that's something, I guess. Still, very sorry to hear about your bad news.
Old Feb 1st 2012, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

Asabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by DoubleD
Cant quite believe it........we have received our Med Requests :-)
Now I just gotta try to get some time off work!!
fantastic news good luck with the rest of the process
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 1:18 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Here we go again.. average processing times for CIC London office just extended to 27th months.

For our application (AOR- Aug 2010) I thought I'd add an update concerning average processing time adjustments experienced so far.

When we applied: (Pre June 2010)
(London Visa Office) Average Processing Time quoted as: 13 months
  • Later changed to 16 months
  • Later changed to 20 months.
  • Later changed to 27 months.
  • Later changed to 23 months.
  • Recently changed to 27 months.

Doesn't strike me that they are making that much progress on reducing the backlog.
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 1:25 am
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by james.mc
Here we go again.. average processing times for CIC London office just extended to 27th months.

For our application (AOR- Aug 2010) I thought I'd add an update concerning average processing time adjustments experienced so far.

When we applied: (Pre June 2010)
(London Visa Office) Average Processing Time quoted as: 13 months
  • Later changed to 16 months
  • Later changed to 27 months.
  • Later changed to 23 months.
  • Recently changed to 27 months.

Doesn't strike me that they are making that much progress on reducing the backlog.
I've noticed a few of the April/May guys getting medical requests, ourselves included. June/July/August next
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 1:37 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Canadian Carpers

I've noticed that also. There is movement starting to show for our group.
In light of actually noting some recent progress the latest 'average' processing update time doesn't bother me overly much. Maybe it should, but I live in hope
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about

I've noticed a few of the April/May guys getting medical requests, ourselves included. June/July/August next
there actually are a few people with July and August AOR's started to receive medical requests already, it'll take months before they get through all of us though, we're aiming to have our visas(hopefully) by the end of the year, failing that I think we'll just jack it in
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 10:17 am
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by scotty1974
there actually are a few people with July and August AOR's started to receive medical requests already, it'll take months before they get through all of us though, we're aiming to have our visas(hopefully) by the end of the year, failing that I think we'll just jack it in
Likewise .. have given it till the end of 2012 .. lets see which way the wind blows .. on the brighter side there is definitely 'some movement'!
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 12:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Just something to bear in mind, but if you cancel your application before CIC start processing your application (i.e. when Ecas says 'we started processing your application on xxxxxxxx) then you would get a refund of your fees - and from the look of your timeline, it seems you're not yet at that point so would get your money back if you 'jacked it in' now.

And the end of the year though, that money would be gone. It may not be a factor in your decision, but just thought I'd mention it just in case.

Fingers crossed it doesn't come to that though.
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about

Just something to bear in mind, but if you cancel your application before CIC start processing your application (i.e. when Ecas says 'we started processing your application on xxxxxxxx) then you would get a refund of your fees - and from the look of your timeline, it seems you're not yet at that point so would get your money back if you 'jacked it in' now.

And the end of the year though, that money would be gone. It may not be a factor in your decision, but just thought I'd mention it just in case.

Fingers crossed it doesn't come to that though.
thanks christmasoompa, I was aware we could get our fees back before we went proper "in process"

I guess we're just going to make a call in say August/September time and if not "in process" by then(which would mean we wouldn't be there by the end of the year) we'll probably pull the plug, it's just after 2 years of waiting we really want to see this through and get over there! Thats assuming we get a visa after seeing Harry Heck get refused - just got us worried about our application!
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 4:31 pm
All Sooked up!

True it will take months, but what we are seeing here at BE is a small cross section of the total (on BE or otherwise) being processed. Given how few people post here (compared to the total amount of applicants that must be in the system) I see the recent requests for PC's or Medicals as an encouraging indication of quite a bit going on behind the scenes.

It was a sad thing to read when Harry posted about his application being rejected. It's a shame a little more artistic licence wasn't being used by the immigration officer at the time. Some will say rules are rules. I say all rules have some kind of flexibility as can be clearly seen by the way CIC apply the order in which they process applications.

I see no sense in jacking in. The money has been paid so it's likely you'll not miss it. We'll sit tight and wait. Eventually it'll come through and we'll then have the chance to make a better informed decision as to whether we want to take it up based on our circumstances at that moment in time. In theory we, and not CIC, will be back in control of our destiny at that point

Chin up!
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

Crushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by james.mc
True it will take months, but what we are seeing here at BE is a small cross section of the total (on BE or otherwise) being processed. Given how few people post here (compared to the total amount of applicants that must be in the system) I see the recent requests for PC's or Medicals as an encouraging indication of quite a bit going on behind the scenes.

It was a sad thing to read when Harry posted about his application being rejected. It's a shame a little more artistic licence wasn't being used by the immigration officer at the time. Some will say rules are rules. I say all rules have some kind of flexibility as can be clearly seen by the way CIC apply the order in which they process applications.

I see no sense in jacking in. The money has been paid so it's likely you'll not miss it. We'll sit tight and wait. Eventually it'll come through and we'll then have the chance to make a better informed decision as to whether we want to take it up based on our circumstances at that moment in time. In theory we, and not CIC, will be back in control of our destiny at that point

Chin up!
I totally agree with James, it's a mission that we've taken on board and we must not give up, lots of positivity and will power needed!!

We thankyou James, your words are inspiring to those of us who are following behind, hoping and praying for the same goal!!
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

thanks for the positive words guys!

I guess we all go through wee spells of feeling down about the whole process.

and hey it's Friday
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 5:12 pm
All Sooked up!

If you can afford it you should seriously look at coming over for a recce to the area you are thinking of settling in. Instead of an annual holiday to some sun soaked tourist zone, I feel it's better to spend the money gathering information instead. (Actually Victoria has plenty of good sunny weather year round )
It really does give you a positive feeling when you are here viewing the area that you may settle in. Getting used to where the shops are, driving habits, checking out different areas that you may choose to live and seeing what facilities/amenities are in those areas.

During this recce we have already found the house we want to buy and the timing we foresee moving over (Oct/Nov 2012) suits the owners to a tee. So if all goes well that's one thing pretty much knocked off the list already
Feeling pretty good about that.
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Zhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to behold

That sounds really great James! And good advice!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.